The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Economics at Warwick

hello everyone,

How good is warwick at economics and whats the graduate prospectives like?

Scroll to see replies

warwick economics is renowned as one of the best economics departments in the country
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by royalty1702
warwick economics is renowned as one of the best economics departments in the country

mhmm is it really hard to get a first in then
i study ppe but major in economics

its sick

time of my life
Reply 4
Original post by HoldThisL
i study ppe but major in economics

its sick

time of my life

I could either do a degree in ppe or economics at warwick what should i go for.

Whats better in your opinion
Original post by Josh burns
I could either do a degree in ppe or economics at warwick what should i go for.

Whats better in your opinion

depends entirely on your preferences

like statistics and maths? either degrees are good. ppe can do all the same econometrics/mathematical economics modules as the economics students. the economics students have to do the harder ones whereas ppe students can do the easier ones

prefer reading and writing? ppe has more variety for people who like phil&pol

degree prestige? economics sounds better than ppe but that's probably not a major difference
Reply 6
depends entirely on your preferences

like statistics and maths? either degrees are good. ppe can do all the same econometrics/mathematical economics modules as the economics students. the economics students have to do the harder ones whereas ppe students can do the easier ones

prefer reading and writing? ppe has more variety for people who like phil&pol

degree prestige? economics sounds better than ppe but that's probably not a major difference

uno once in uni is it possible to switch or not

also ive been told people who graduate from economics is targeted by companies but the thing is uno how theres so many other top unis out there like oxbridge, lse and so on wont it be really hard to get a good job with economics?

thanks

also ive been told people who graduate from economics is targeted by companies but the thing is uno how theres so many other top unis out there like oxbridge, lse and so on wont it be really hard to get a good job with economics?

thanks

they are in two different departments so i don't think its common, easy or advisable to switch

no that's a bad way of thinking of it. there are substantially more 'good' jobs available than there are economics graduates. since economics is a good degree, it doesn't make it hard to get a good job just because there are lots of economics courses
Reply 8
they are in two different departments so i don't think its common, easy or advisable to switch

no that's a bad way of thinking of it. there are substantially more 'good' jobs available than there are economics graduates. since economics is a good degree, it doesn't make it hard to get a good job just because there are lots of economics courses

Thanks a lot

the onnly thing stopping me going to economics is that my whole family says theres hardly any economics related jobs and their really hard to get into so im not sure what to do
Thanks a lot

the onnly thing stopping me going to economics is that my whole family says theres hardly any economics related jobs and their really hard to get into so im not sure what to do

your family is misinformed lol

economics is unquestionably one of the most employable degrees
your family is misinformed lol

economics is unquestionably one of the most employable degrees

really but i dont get it

like uno how a lot of economics graduate goes into banking fields couldnt that all be done by like robots in the future and stuff?
really but i dont get it

like uno how a lot of economics graduate goes into banking fields couldnt that all be done by like robots in the future and stuff?

is university for you
is university for you

yes it is but i want to do a course which will let me have a bright future
If you're debating Warwick, then Maths, MORSE, MathStat, Economics, PPE, MathPhys, Physics, CompSci in my opinion are the strongest which will let you have a bright future. But obvs there are others and not only restricted. Getting a job is entirely on the candidate themselves.
I just finished 1st year Economics at Warwick and it is strong at Warwick. Just do a degree you enjoy.
wow congratulations

How is economics like at warwick and i see that you get a chance to go abroad for a year could you explain what thats like how how hard/ easy it is to get onto?
I haven't thought about it, but I think it is relatively easy as long as you speak your personal tutors etc about it.
I think you need to get a certain average either in your first, second or both to be able to.
Read this to find out more:
https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/economics/current/ug/handbook/study-abroad-opportunities/
Original post by banker12345
I haven't thought about it, but I think it is relatively easy as long as you speak your personal tutors etc about it.
I think you need to get a certain average either in your first, second or both to be able to.
Read this to find out more:
https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/economics/current/ug/handbook/study-abroad-opportunities/

thanks
Original post by banker12345
If you're debating Warwick, then Maths, MORSE, MathStat, Economics, PPE, MathPhys, Physics, CompSci in my opinion are the strongest which will let you have a bright future. But obvs there are others and not only restricted. Getting a job is entirely on the candidate themselves.
I just finished 1st year Economics at Warwick and it is strong at Warwick. Just do a degree you enjoy.

Hey, hope you are well!
Do you need to study further maths do get an offer from warwick (economics)?
Na, you only need maths.

thanks

if you look here https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/economics/current/ug/handbook/your-degree-course

transfer from econ to PPE is coded "C" (if I'm reading the table correctly? it's unclear which is to and which is from lol) meaning that it's possible to transfer provided you obtain permission from relevant departments. So not automatic approval so can't comment on how likely it is.

Quick Reply

Latest