The Student Room Group

Edexcel igcse English Language B

Scroll to see replies

ah ok gl i have physics 2p on friday, and the school ppl are also overlapping school exams on that day so im screwed haha
i also have a friend hu wants to work in forensics!!!
Reply 62
Original post by Ahmar0786
Ok guys, no you dont, but i mean, i dont remeber exact anser but u culd write, she was good at arithmetic, thats all, thats one point cleared, dont have to write, bapetsi was good at being librarian because blablbalab

Ah okay that's great news! Thanks :smile:
no probs, my teacher told it so i guess u can trust the fact :h:
Original post by mols99
Ah okay that's great news! Thanks :smile:
thnx for the rep, even tough i have no idea what it is
Reply 65
Are we allowed to discuss both sides or choose one side in Section C if a qs like to what extend do you agree comes up?
(edited 8 years ago)
I hope I'm ready for tomorrow! I usually manage full marks in Section A, and I find Section C quite simple as well (I tend to opt for the argumentative/discursive option - hopefully tomorrow will be discursive as I much prefer those!), so am hoping to achieve about 60 marks from those two combined. I'm crossing my fingers for a letter or an article tomorrow in Section B; a speech is likely to come up too though which I'd find a lot more difficult. Either way, I hope it's informal rather than a formal letter to the council or a speech to a governing body. Hopefully I'll manage at least twenty marks there which should get me an A*!

What I find most difficult about the exam - other than the whole sitting still and focusing for three hours thing - is definitely working in ideas from the supplied texts to the Section B answer...
Reply 68
all I need is a B and I will be happy, I've work out that's about 67 marks looking at old ones so I can probably get 20, 20 and afford one or two mistakes in section A....I praying that the speech doesn't come up but knowing my luck it will :frown: :frown:
Always prepare, don't rely on luck of the draw for exams :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh god I'm so nervous right now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
today's the day........
Original post by RahuL-13
Are we allowed to discuss both sides or choose one side in Section C if a qs like to what extend do you agree comes up?

I believe you can do either, although you should finish with a personal opinion expressing your choice.

I'm very nervous as well! Good luck to you all!
did anyone do their exam
Reply 74
Original post by yoloandswag23
did anyone do their exam

Mines at 1pm and it's only 8am :colondollar:
Original post by holly1798
Mines at 1pm and it's only 8am :colondollar:

mine is in two hours anyone in austrailia or asian side knows abt the exam
No edexcel art so dumb

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
The exam is in 2 hours for me! So nervous ahhh