The Student Room Group

US University Applicants - 2016 Entry

So i thought i'd start this thread because i need some advice. I am a Scottish student considering applying to an American university for next year. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice or there thoughts on what i'm thinking about:

University of California Berkeley - Political Science
NYU - Political Science/International Relations
Stanford - Political Science
Princeton - Political Science

I know these are all really exclusive, high-performing universities and i just need some help narrowing it down to 2 options.

I am doing my Highers this year - Maths, English, French, Geography, History, Economics and Russian and does anybody know what grades i would be required to have (Advanced Highers?)

Reply 1
Thank you so much for your reply! I'm hoping to get all A's in my exams this year to be in a good position to apply to the most elite US universities. Do you know what Scottish qualifications American uni's require? I would be looking to get financial aid as my family does earn less than 80,000 GBP, but i am also a keen and rather good athlete so would be looking to get a sports scholarship, although i'm not sure whether you can get financial aid and a scholarship? I think going by what you have said so far i'm leaning towards either Stanford or NYU plus i prefer the 'metropolitan' lifestyle and Princeton does not offer this as much. How is NYU as a university?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending