The Student Room Group

I feel so sick and depressed for this....

Basically i recentley started falling for this girl and shes 13, im 21.
I haven't nor do i intend to attempt anything with this girl but i feel so sick and depressed for remotley considering anything, i almost burst into tears kicking myself so much for thinking anything.
I dont get much attention from girls at all so im not sure if this is just a sign of some sort of sexual frustration or craving attention from a girl???
Should i be kicking myself as much as i am?? and any advice to help me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think that would be illegal if you tried anything. Try going a pub or something and not look at the chavvy 13 year olds that walk round like they are 24.

I think the main consensus here will be go out and get a life chuck.
Reply 2
Yeah, seriously dude, Don't! I know you have said your not going to act upon it, but to over emphasis, just DON'T TRY!

Just, try get your mind off it, it's really something you shouldn't be thinking of. Go out with people your age to the pub, clubs, sporting activities, anything! Just get over this phase and don't look back on it. Please, for your sake and for hers!!!
Reply 3
I'm sorry but that is just morally very wrong! But I think you know that, so well done on that. All I can say is that you should go out to the pub and just build up some confidence. If you do so, I'm sure you'll get someone closer to your age! :smile:
Reply 4
Wanna get registered as a sex offender? Keep that in mind before acting.
Reply 5
Anonymous
Basically i recentley started falling for this girl and shes 13, im 21.
I haven't nor do i intend to attempt anything with this girl but i feel so sick and depressed for remotley considering anything, i almost burst into tears kicking myself so much for thinking anything.
I dont get much attention from girls at all so im not sure if this is just a sign of some sort of sexual frustration or craving attention from a girl???
Should i be kicking myself as much as i am?? and any advice to help me.

how the hell can you fall for a girl aged 13 when ur 21 ? ?!!??
Unless you have a mental age of 10 ?

Snap out of it you mong. Go out somewhere where you can meet girls of your own age and stop this with her. Unless you fancy seeing your picture splashed all over the news of the world.
Reply 6
El Scotto

how the hell can you fall for a girl aged 13 when ur 21 ? ?!!??
Unless you have a mental age of 10 ?

Snap out of it you mong. Go out somewhere where you can meet girls of your own age and stop this with her. Unless you fancy seeing your picture splashed all over the news of the world.

great moneyspinner and PR if you're innocent though!
I sympathise, I turned 20 three weeks ago, and over a skiing holiday fell for a 15 year old - it's not as extreme as the OP perhaps, but still, I fell hard for her (it didn't help that she admitted she liked me too). I was (and am still) very much aware of the not only moral but also legal implications of liking someone so very much your junior, which thankfully stayed my hand.

To all the posters who have taken the morally superior viewpoint (I smiled when I read "snap out of it you mong"), I know where you're coming from, but to all of you who have fallen hard for someone, you must know of the anguish and pain it causes, and especially in cases where you know that you can't have her. Fancy can hit anyone, regardless of age, and it's all the more embarrassing and hurtful when you know it's socially very much frowned upon. A little more tact please. Don't judge so harshly.

To the OP: I'm afraid all I have to say is that you have to get over her, which is a lot harder than it sounds, I know. The legal consequences are terrifying if you tried anything, even if she consented and liked you. Furthermore, if she did like you, it would probably be on the whim of a teenage girl - which is what I told myself in my case - and she would forget you soon enough. It's a problem of growing up that means that older people become a lot more attached to people, whereas teenagers are emotionally fickle and volatile beings.
I know a guy whos 22, he used to go out with my ex before I did (15, i was 17), and now hes going out with her m8, whos 13. There you go.
Wait until she's 14 then move to canada or move to spain now then you shouldn't have any legal problems, AFIAK.
Crimson Black

To all the posters who have taken the morally superior viewpoint (I smiled when I read "snap out of it you mong"), I know where you're coming from, but to all of you who have fallen hard for someone, you must know of the anguish and pain it causes, and especially in cases where you know that you can't have her. Fancy can hit anyone, regardless of age, and it's all the more embarrassing and hurtful when you know it's socially very much frowned upon. A little more tact please. Don't judge so harshly.

I've believe im the creator of the 'snap out of it you mong' comment :biggrin:

anyhows, I refuse to believe a 20year old or 21year old can fall for a 15year old or a 13year old.

I can't even comprehend that in the slightest. I couldnt imagine what you'd have in common, Apart from the girl thinking "wow, a older guy is showing interest in me" and the guy thinking "I can take advantage of this"

There is no falling... its you guys thinking with your cock and you should snap out of it. Mentally, these girls are nowhere near you.

so... Snap out of it. Its not love. Its obsessive.
go to places where younger girls arent. like over 18's and over 21's nights.
Reply 12
This only makes a difference when people are younger. My aunt and uncle are 7 years apart, for example. The OP is talking about a difference of 8 years. If they were 23 and 31 people wouldn't be making such a fuss.

OP - is your attraction to this girl purely physical or is there more to it?
I sympathise entirely with the OP. It's never happened to me, but hey, girls are always trying to look older than they are. I swear I know some 13-year-olds who look older than me. It's almost certainly a physical attraction, and if it's not, spending 5 minutes with this girl will probably make him realise why she's 13 and not 21. :smile:
ive sorta been there, since i was 14 ive been out with guys alot older than me, 15-21, 16-20 etc and looking back now i can see that it was a silly thing to do

theres no way this girl is going to be interested in a long term grown up relationship with you and to be honest its not worth risking not only your freedom (jail etc) but public dignity for anything less.

even now theres four years between me and my fella but im a lot older and emotionally mature, im no longer excited by the fact that an older lad likes me which to be honest is what it was before

if she does like you back it is going to be a silly little girl crush which will last a couple of months cos thats all she is. its not want you want to hear but she isnt worth losing what youd lose
El Scotto

I've believe im the creator of the 'snap out of it you mong' comment :biggrin:

anyhows, I refuse to believe a 20year old or 21year old can fall for a 15year old or a 13year old.

I can't even comprehend that in the slightest. I couldnt imagine what you'd have in common, Apart from the girl thinking "wow, a older guy is showing interest in me" and the guy thinking "I can take advantage of this"

There is no falling... its you guys thinking with your cock and you should snap out of it. Mentally, these girls are nowhere near you.

so... Snap out of it. Its not love. Its obsessive.

I'm not about to try and make you change your mind. All I have to say is that some girls act above their age, so much so that you'd be hard pressed to think that they're 15/13, but 18 or 19. I'm sorry, but that's the case. From what I've read, girls prefer older guys too (at least during teenage years) because they are emotionally way ahead of guys their age.

Can I just add that the girls I fell for before this (and the time before, come to think of it :rolleyes:) were 21 and 23 respectively. The latter is actually married now (not to me, obviously). Please don't think I'm a sex offender prowling the streets, because I most definitely am not. Prior to this (excluding, of course, when I was 13-18) I have never fallen for anyone below 19. I just want to illustrate that people do fall for those younger than us. If you like, look at it in evolutionary terms. Only in the 20th/21st centuries has the average life-span increased - not enough time for evolution to catch up. People used to live to an average of, what, about 30/40? It's probably more natural for people to fancy those younger than yourself than those the same age, greater chance of successful childbirth etc. Even as recently as the C17th (I think), people married 13/14 year olds (I'm not entirely sure about the dates, please correct me if wrong)! There was no taboo in that.

Please note: I do not in any way condone entering into a relationship with those significantly younger than yourself! I'm just saying that it's possible to fall for someone younger than you. It's hardly "thinking with your cock" - in fact, it's less so, as you have to take in a great deal of consideration for the younger person, you have moral and legal problems too. Just because you like someone younger than 16 doesn't mean you're a criminal! It's only if you act on it that you risk being prosecuted.

EDIT: Yeah, I know that mentally they can't touch you, which is why it's better to keep to your own age group. :biggrin:
Crimson Black
Even as recently as the C17th (I think), people married 13/14 year olds (I'm not entirely sure about the dates, please correct me if wrong)! There was no taboo in that.

All sorts of things happened in the 17th century... how much of it all would you use for an example to justify things today?
Angelil
If they were 23 and 31 people wouldn't be making such a ?

Thats because at the age of 23 someone has life experience, and knows how the world works. Its totally different.
Reply 18
If it was purely a physical attraction then it wouldn't be so much of a problem. There are some girls I'm physically attracted and they're a bit too young for me, but since it's purely physical it's actually not a problem. I would never do anything with them, I don't really even know them and I don't intend to get to know them. If I needed to stop thinking about them I could, but I imagine that would be much harder if you actually have feelings for someone.
Reply 19
The threadstarter is going to hell unless he repents. I hope he realises this.

Latest

Trending

Trending