The Student Room Group

WJEC English Literature A2 Exam 11th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

The questions were so nice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Tempest question was lovely, but I'm so frustrated with myself for completely blowing Wife of Bath :frown: literally the time pressure just got to me and I included like none of the AOs effectively :frown: feel ****e
SOOOOOO HAPPY OMG YES! the ONE exam that terrified me + felt like it could pose a serious threat, is now OVER, done and dusted, and the questions were sooo good!

Poetry (Blake)
Firstly, I actually couldnt decide which one to answer because all 5 questions were so lovely but the question on poetry is unsettling sounds like it was crafted just to FIT Blake, yyeess! And i feel like I got really lucky with the unseen poems, the one called Reservoirs fit perfectly with detailed discussion of both London (the numerous references to death and decay) and also The Garden of love (chapel, graveyard, tombstones, garden scummed out of the face of the earth), pff wow, couldnt be happier.

Shakespeare (The Tempest + Dr Faustus)
the theme of Duty? HA, was able to replicate my model answer on the theme of justice, discussing the key goals (duty) of each protagonist, and how they raise moral concerns. Hoooraaay!!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Those grade boundaries gonna be so high. Honestly, don't think they've ever set an exam that kind. I ran out of time to conclude on the poetry, but I couldn't be happier with everything else
Hey could someone please tell me what the tempest question was? :smile:
The paper was so nice!
Original post by MiniKoala
SOOOOOO HAPPY OMG YES! the ONE exam that terrified me + felt like it could pose a serious threat, is now OVER, done and dusted, and the questions were sooo good!

Poetry (Blake)
Firstly, I actually couldnt decide which one to answer because all 5 questions were so lovely but the question on poetry is unsettling sounds like it was crafted just to FIT Blake, yyeess! And i feel like I got really lucky with the unseen poems, the one called Reservoirs fit perfectly with detailed discussion of both London (the numerous references to death and decay) and also The Garden of love (chapel, graveyard, tombstones, garden scummed out of the face of the earth), pff wow, couldnt be happier.

Shakespeare (The Tempest + Dr Faustus)
the theme of Duty? HA, was able to replicate my model answer on the theme of justice, discussing the key goals (duty) of each protagonist, and how they raise moral concerns. Hoooraaay!!!

I literally responded exactly the same as this! I thought it was a fantastic paper. But I'm apprehensive of how I responded to AO3 in Blake, I don't think I linked well to Reseviors!
Great paper, only fear is that the grade boundaries are going to be really high this year :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone do question 1?
Original post by Gharper1997
Did anyone do question 1?

the first shakespeare/tempest question? yes, I did.
Original post by thewishfulwriter

No not tempest, the poetry questions with regard to nature being a vehicle to the study of mankind. I applied this question to Blake and im not sure if I have achieved all of the AO's
Original post by Gharper1997
No not tempest, the poetry questions with regard to nature being a vehicle to the study of mankind. I applied this question to Blake and im not sure if I have achieved all of the AO's

Ooh, I considered it but didn't do it. Aw, I'm sure you did just fine :smile: I'm worried I didn't include enough AO4 as that's my weakness.
Reply 192
Did anyone do Hamlet?
(edited 8 years ago)
I can't describe the relief I felt when I opened the paper today. Really nice questions...although...grade boundaries :/
Original post by amyof
Did anyone do Hamlet?

Me! Did the question on death :smile:

Me too. Out of interest, what did you look at? The wording initially stumped me, but I found it workable in the end :smile: Not many at my school did it though strangely! Worried that there will be high grade boundaries. Let's hope not.
QUOTE=lucyloops1996;56878441]The Tempest question was lovely, but I'm so frustrated with myself for completely blowing Wife of Bath :frown: literally the time pressure just got to me and I included like none of the AOs effectively :frown: feel ****e[ QUOTE]

Aww phew I felt like the only one, these are exactly my thoughts I couldn't sum it up better. Really glad I'm not the only one, I'm sure overall it'll be fine though, time pressure got to me aswell. Forgot so many quotes I'd revised and spent about 45 minutes planning overall! Just hopefully my Tempest answer isn't a complete load of rubbish like the Wife of Bath one so it'll level out :frown:
Reply 197
Original post by Piledriver
Me! Did the question on death :smile:

SAME! don't think it went that well though! what points did you put?
Original post by IntoTheOpenAir20
QUOTE=lucyloops1996;56878441]The Tempest question was lovely, but I'm so frustrated with myself for completely blowing Wife of Bath :frown: literally the time pressure just got to me and I included like none of the AOs effectively :frown: feel ****e[ QUOTE]

Aww phew I felt like the only one, these are exactly my thoughts I couldn't sum it up better. Really glad I'm not the only one, I'm sure overall it'll be fine though, time pressure got to me aswell. Forgot so many quotes I'd revised and spent about 45 minutes planning overall! Just hopefully my Tempest answer isn't a complete load of rubbish like the Wife of Bath one so it'll level out :frown:

SNAP! I'm trying to forget about it, but everyone saying how much of a nice paper it was makes me want to slap myself :frown:

I did, I just said how he explores the restrictions imposed by humankind/social and religious institutions...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending