The Student Room Group

Maths Edexcel IGCSE paper 3h

Thought it was really hard but how did everyone else find it? Any unofficial mark schemes??:s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Which paper? Maths B paper 1?
Reply 2
Original post by ibrahim24
Thought it was really hard but how did everyone else find it? Any unofficial mark schemes??:s-smilie:

Same! Difficult...A* students at my school found it hard so I guess it must have been
Reply 3
Original post by Rup1999
Same! Difficult...A* students at my school found it hard so I guess it must have been

Everyone found it hard,,,, no past papers compare,,, seen questions never seen before!
Reply 4
Original post by Neymar27
Everyone found it hard,,,, no past papers compare,,, seen questions never seen before!

true...any guesses on grade boundaries? I reckon high 70s for an A*
Reply 5
true...any guesses on grade boundaries? I reckon high 70s for an A*

An A* hasn't been below 80 for years, but I think they may lower it to about 77, I don't know if they'll lower the A boundary though (about 62)
Reply 6
Original post by Rup1999
An A* hasn't been below 80 for years, but I think they may lower it to about 77, I don't know if they'll lower the A boundary though (about 62)

Yeah but a maths teacher at my school reckons it will be below 80. She had students who usually get 90%+ in maths papers coming to her in tears.
Reply 7
Original post by Rup1999

The only chance of me getting an A* is if I get 100% in 4h :s-smilie:
Was it harder than the january paper? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by turn-to-page394
Was it harder than the january paper? :smile:

yeah much harder
Reply 10
Yeah but a maths teacher at my school reckons it will be below 80. She had students who usually get 90%+ in maths papers coming to her in tears.

Ohh dear :frown:
yeah much harder

oh ok - i did the january one. Well, the grade boundary for that was around 80% for an A* i think because it was considerably 'hard' so below 80% for this paper would seem reasonable. Depends on paper 2 though.
I usually get 90+ and I came running to my teacher in tears! It was so horrible to work so hard for months and then have it all come crashing down at the last moment...... luckily I think I only lost around 11 marks..... good luck to everyone doing the 4h paper on the 4th, i'm doing mine too and am DREADING IT
Reply 13
The only chance of me getting an A* is if I get 100% in 4h :s-smilie:

this.
Reply 14
Original post by lucymannhk
I usually get 90+ and I came running to my teacher in tears! It was so horrible to work so hard for months and then have it all come crashing down at the last moment...... luckily I think I only lost around 11 marks..... good luck to everyone doing the 4h paper on the 4th, i'm doing mine too and am DREADING IT

don't worry about it ! if you've only lost 11 marks thats still an A*!!
GUYS GUYS GUYS For an 80% (let's take this as the A* grade boundary for a sec) overall on the two papers, don't forget that you can technically lose 40 marks total as they average the two papers out! So don't panic. :smile:

if you lose around 11 marks on the next paper too, you're going to get an A* easily. :smile:

200 - 22 = 178 ----> 89% : just shy of your 90+ target but still higher by quite a bit than the normal A* boundary
has anyone got the mark scheme?

(Original post by ibrahim24)

these 2 go to the same school, it seems:wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Yuuchin1
(Original post by ibrahim24)

these 2 go to the same school, it seems:wink:

hahahahahahahha doubt it! But really just goes to show how much people care about their grade :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending