The Student Room Group

ICT AQA - AS Info 1 & 2 - 2015 *OFFICIAL THREAD*

This is the official thread for this course now I guess seeing as there isn't one already :')
Basically I know almost no one else doing this course and there are hardly any revision resources etc etc SO thought it would be a good idea to have somewhere for all of us to discuss it I guess :smile: x

Scroll to see replies

Well hi there :smile:.

Anyone got any resources they can share?
Original post by ThatGuyRik
Well hi there :smile:.

Anyone got any resources they can share?

I swear to god there are no resources like anywhere! It's really bugging me because that's how I revise haha not from my own notes!
Original post by alexandrahowes11
I swear to god there are no resources like anywhere! It's really bugging me because that's how I revise haha not from my own notes!

more like theres no one else doing it lmfao.
Original post by ThatGuyRik
more like theres no one else doing it lmfao.

so. true. arghhhhhhh! what are we going to do :')
Reply 5
Best resource: mark scheme example answers. They ask the same questions every year with a slight twist, apart from the 20 marker. There's a guide our teacher's gave us http://zigzageducation.co.uk/teaching-resources-for-ict.asp?userid=ICT sadly, they look quite expensive.
Reply 6
How many people do you guys have in your class? There's about 12 in mine.
Reply 7
I'm retaking INFO1 this year and I've done my sample work and everything but I wanted to know if you filled out the "Candidate Record Form" in class by your teachers(the thing that you need to sign to say you didn't receive any help etc) or do they give you that sheet in the exam for you to fill out?(This is what I'm on about: http://store.aqa.org.uk/admin/crf_pdf/AQA-INFO1-W-CRF-15.PDF )Please I need urgent reply/help!!!!
Original post by tofaeal
I'm retaking INFO1 this year and I've done my sample work and everything but I wanted to know if you filled out the "Candidate Record Form" in class by your teachers(the thing that you need to sign to say you didn't receive any help etc) or do they give you that sheet in the exam for you to fill out?(This is what I'm on about: http://store.aqa.org.uk/admin/crf_pdf/AQA-INFO1-W-CRF-15.PDF )Please I need urgent reply/help!!!!

Hey; I'm also retaking info 1, in regards to that form, iv'e already filled mine out and its been submitted!
Reply 9
Original post by FrankieG1
Hey; I'm also retaking info 1, in regards to that form, iv'e already filled mine out and its been submitted!

I'm really worried should I print this form and take it with me to the exam along with my coursework? I can't seem to get hold of my IT teacher as we are now on half term break and the exam is on the day school opens in the morning!!
Original post by tofaeal
I'm really worried should I print this form and take it with me to the exam along with my coursework? I can't seem to get hold of my IT teacher as we are now on half term break and the exam is on the day school opens in the morning!!

The INFO1 course companion from ZigZag states
"The first page of the Sample Work must be a copy of the AQA Candidate Record Form which, in advance of the examination, must be completed and signed by the candidate and the teacher responsible for the supervision of the candidate's work in order to authenticate that the Sample Work is the Candidate's own"

So basically, you need to print it off, sign it yourself, make sure your teacher signs it and then attach it to your sample work which you're submitting with the exam paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by JoelMarco
The INFO1 course companion from ZigZag states
"The first page of the Sample Work must be a copy of the AQA Candidate Record Form which, in advance of the examination, must be completed and signed by the candidate and the teacher responsible for the supervision of the candidate's work in order to authenticate that the Sample Work is the Candidate's own"

So basically, you need to print it off, sign it yourself, make sure your teacher signs it and then attach it to your sample work which you're submitting with the exam paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much Joel I really appreciate it! I guess I'll print it off and get my teacher to sign it before the exam
Reply 12
Guys what is the difference between input media and device and can you give an example of each (same with storage and output media/devices)
hi, does anyone have any revision notes they wouldn't mind sharing?
does anyone know what might also come up in the exam?
Original post by maya_1430
hi, does anyone have any revision notes they wouldn't mind sharing?
does anyone know what might also come up in the exam?

I included one resource in another ICT thread I made earlier :lol:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3330205
(it's only been made for unit 2 though, couldn't find a unit 1 revision guide anywhere) :angry:
who's retaking info2?
i'm stuck on topic 8 & 9
Here's a revision resource i made which is basically a summary of the book, hope it helps and good luck

Follow me on twitter and instagram @nawaz_hsn
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by nawaz_hsn
Here's a revision resource i made which is basically a summary of the book, hope it helps and good luck

Thanks buddy really appreciate it! :smile:
Reply 18
Here is an INFO1 revision guide, I hope it helps you guys out and good luck with the exams :smile:
Original post by thecatwithnohat
I included one resource in another ICT thread I made earlier :lol:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3330205
(it's only been made for unit 2 though, couldn't find a unit 1 revision guide anywhere) :angry:

thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending