The Student Room Group

For men is sex just physical to you?

I have read and been told a lot that sex is just physical for a guy? ( like physical enjoyment.)

So I want to ask to guys this;

If your in a relationship ( long term.)- 1st question - is it more the just physical for you? ( I'm talking about when you love your partner.)

2. Short term relationship- is it or not?

Girls- what do you think of a all this? Do you have these thoughts that mabye for your boyfriend sex is only physical and not emotional ( like love. Care etc.) ??

?

Scroll to see replies

I have been with my girlfriend for nearly 2 years and I do definitely love her.

For me, sex is mainly physical. If it is after a nice day out or a special occasion then I really feel the emotional side of it. However, when I'm just laying in bed watching TV @ 11pm, I just want to have sex with her. Sure i want it to be her and no-one else but it's not too emotionally attaching. Just a quick physical joy ride.

Posted from TSR Mobile
aye
Im a guy and personally id rather have sex with someone i'm into long-term rather than a short term "thing".
Its more that just a physically act your bonding with your partner, getting closer (the irony).

*My personal feeling, some will say the opposite.
Reply 4
[QUOTE=Anonymous;56069633]Im a guy and personally id rather have sex with someone i'm into long-term rather than a short term "thing".
Its more that just a physically act your bonding with your partner, getting closer (the irony).

*My personal feeling, some will say the opposite.

Thanks for the reply :-) I am asking as I have been thinking about it lately with my relationship- I'm a girl - and I'm not sure because I girt for some girls it's more emotional ( for me it is.)
Original post by Anonymous
I have read and been told a lot that sex is just physical for a guy? ( like physical enjoyment.)

So I want to ask to guys this;

If your in a relationship ( long term.)- 1st question - is it more the just physical for you? ( I'm talking about when you love your partner.)

2. Short term relationship- is it or not?

Girls- what do you think of a all this? Do you have these thoughts that mabye for your boyfriend sex is only physical and not emotional ( like love. Care etc.) ??

?

Firsly, i don't do long-term relationships because all that emotional stuff is just nonsense.
So, for me, relationships are purely physical (as they should be).
Reply 6
Original post by lewif002
I have been with my girlfriend for nearly 2 years and I do definitely love her.

For me, sex is mainly physical. If it is after a nice day out or a special occasion then I really feel the emotional side of it. However, when I'm just laying in bed watching TV @ 11pm, I just want to have sex with her. Sure i want it to be her and no-one else but it's not too emotionally attaching. Just a quick physical joy ride.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the reply :-) so you have sex though because you love her though? You don't find it more connecting then?

Thank you for the reply :smile:
Reply 7
[QUOTE=Most Competitive;56069847]Firsly, i don't do long-term relationships because all that emotional stuff is just nonsense.
So, for me, relationships are purely physical (as they should be).

Thanks for the reply, why do you say they are only meant to be physically??
For me, I'd treat it more as an emotional bonding. Coming from me that is, but mainly its about having trust and love. I'd rather do that then rely on psychical because its get boring and deprives so much(I've learnt this from past exp) I'd find it connecting as long as we both have fun :smile:, its much much better than having it every single day because that's not achieving much. Having the right mix of love, trust, and fun, and moderate, is more than enough for me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Nope. More to do with emotion and intimacy for me.
Thanks for the reply, why do you say they are only meant to be physically??

Well, I believe that you should just get what you want and move on. Anything else is just too much hassle.
From my experience with guys (regardless of whether or not we were together) they always seem to be able to detach emotion from sex
[QUOTE=Zeldaintheflesh;56070185]From my experience with guys (regardless of whether or not we were together) they always seem to be able to detach emotion from sex

How would you know that they have detached emotion from sex? Been with my bf a while now? Seems like it's emotional ( as well as physical.) ???:smile: thanks for the reply!!
Thanks for the reply :-) so you have sex though because you love her though? You don't find it more connecting then?

Thank you for the reply :smile:

Sure I guess I enjoy it more because it's with someone I love rather than some short term fling. But when I have sex it's usually not for any bonding or emotional purposes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sure I guess I enjoy it more because it's with someone I love rather than some short term fling. But when I have sex it's usually not for any bonding or emotional purposes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the reply! 😄 I get that what you mean just wondering if my Boyfreind is the same...
Thanks for the reply! 😄 I get that what you mean just wondering if my Boyfreind is the same...

I'm sure he's the same as most guys. Sometimes for the physical pleasure, sometimes for the emotional pleasure. Either way it's not bad is it! As long as he is still having sex with YOU and nobody else :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sidetracked question : do you get off from sex (aka do u get ze orgasm?) or does it just feel good with no orgasm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sure he's the same as most guys. Sometimes for the physical pleasure, sometimes for the emotional pleasure. Either way it's not bad is it! As long as he is still having sex with YOU and nobody else :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This.
Sidetracked question : do you get off from sex (aka do u get ze orgasm?) or does it just feel good with no orgasm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sometimes I do sometimes I don't it feels good ether way I prefer oral though if I want to orgasam

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats true 😊 just hope that it is both like knowing it's emotional and physical ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending