The Student Room Group

Changing my Firm University

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone could off a bit of advice / support? I've applied to medicine this year and received three offers. A couple of weeks ago, I chose my firm and insurance options, but have since decided that I've made the wrong choice. I want to study at St. Andrews (but declined this offer) so rang UCAS today and they told me to contact each of the universities to ask whether this would be possible. I've contacted them both today but I'm now panicking because St. Andrews is where I really want to be!

Has anyone had experience of this / know whether St. Andrews have allowed this before and whether there's any point in getting my hopes up?

Thanks guys
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dr_in_the_making
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone could off a bit of advice / support? I've applied to medicine this year and received three offers. A couple of weeks ago, I chose my firm and insurance options, but have since decided that I've made the wrong choice. I want to study at St. Andrews (but declined this offer) so rang UCAS today and they told me to contact each of the universities to ask whether this would be possible. I'm now panicking because St. Andrews is where I really want to be!

Has anyone had experience of this / know whether St. Andrews have allowed this before and whether there's any point in getting my hopes up?

Thanks guys

You need to contact St Andrews ASAP- although after a few weeks, it's unlikely they will let you change your mind. The longer you delay, the smaller your chances are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending