The Student Room Group

How did everyone find the poetry english aqa lit exam?

What cluster did you do, what poems did you chose?

Scroll to see replies

Relationships: The Manhunt and In Paris With You.
Reply 2
Conflict: Bayonet Charge and Belfast Confetti
Reply 3
Original post by taylortron99

Same same same!
Original post by taylortron99

i did manhunt but with nettles- how did you find it
Reply 5
Original post by jemmaxbayliss
i did manhunt but with nettles- how did you find it

I thought it was a good question tbh. For the unseen I got that the wife was being controlled by her partner as to me the last line in each stanza sounded very forced as if it had been drilled into her. I don't know anyone else who got that but I guess any interpretation is valid as long as it's back up with evidence
Original post by aha1
I thought it was a good question tbh. For the unseen I got that the wife was being controlled by her partner as to me the last line in each stanza sounded very forced as if it had been drilled into her. I don't know anyone else who got that but I guess any interpretation is valid as long as it's back up with evidence

oh thats so good, I didn't think of that- I think my interpretation was more straight forward but i guess as long as you've explained it and backed it up with evidence its all good
Reply 7
Original post by Lentill
Conflict: Bayonet Charge and Belfast Confetti

Could you briefly explain what you've included in your answer? I done Bayonet Charge and The Charge of the Light Brigade, I feel as I got a little bit carried away with commenting on the structure and form that represented fear and missed out some obvious points
Reply 8
Relationships: The Manhunt and Quickdraw.
Am I the only one that noticed the strong hint towards domestic abuse in the unseen poem Symptoms? My friends all thought I was going a bit mad XD
I agree with you there now thinking about it! Wish i had put something about that in my answer!
Reply 11
My school is literally the only one that chose Taking a Stand, I swear xD But if not, I chose to compare Those Bastards In Their Mansions and Zero Hour :smile:
I did the fear question (in conflict) and compared Bayonet Charge with next to of course god america i. I basically said that the patriotic ideals in the poem acted as a painkiller to block and inhibit fear.
I did the charge of light brigade and i compared it with the falling leaves on the foundation paper, is this okay?
Exact same here !
Original post by Moretonkid
Exact same here !

??
Original post by Velleity
Could you briefly explain what you've included in your answer? I done Bayonet Charge and The Charge of the Light Brigade, I feel as I got a little bit carried away with commenting on the structure and form that represented fear and missed out some obvious points

I done the same I done a paragraph on structure (en media es), one on metaphors to create imagery, one on rhythm, and one on something else but I can't remember
Original post by Rosie_xxxoo
I did the charge of light brigade and i compared it with the falling leaves on the foundation paper, is this okay?

I compared The Faling leaves to Mametz wood on the higher
Original post by Amzzyy
Relationships: The Manhunt and Quickdraw.

I did the exact same as you! And there was so many similarities it's a perfect choice trust me
For the unseen I said because it's strict structure it presents how being in love is strict and overuling,i mentioned the use of anaphora, I aslo done a paragraph about "upset stomach" showing how love can make people I'll and also that love comes from a deep place, I done how she says her life is now better which presents how this pain is worth it because her life is better, but also how it shows how the poets life is bleak and dismal due to the fact this pain makes her life better. I also mentioned a few more points

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending