The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ridwan12
Imam shaafi and Imam Malik are not allah but are some of our greatest knowledge of Islam and the exogesis of the Qur'an. Concubinage doesn't equal rape whether you like the idea or not. :h:

If they are not allah is your excuse then why use tafsir of other's hey? hypocrisy at it's greatest. If you don't want to have a discussion then you can

Yes, these "great scholars" also believed homosexuals should be stoned to death, despite multiple "sahih" hadith explicitly stating the circumstances and situations whereby capital punishment is warranted:
http://sunnah.com/nasai/37/83
http://sunnah.com/urn/42890
Great scholars and exegetes(!) :rolleyes:
You have a very limited understanding of the concept of rape and sexual coercion. See post 55 on this thread; your absurd misconception is addressed therein.

I'm using the tafsir because it provides the background information of the verse in question. You, however, are showing me the opinions of scholars when I could easily do the same. Indeed, if you knew anything about the history of sexual slavery in Islamic history, you would know exactly why ISIS are doing what they're doing. Consensual sex with female slaves did not exist, and it cannot exist no matter how "nicely" you treat the slaves.
Original post by Dima-Blackburn

I'm using the tafsir because it provides the background information of the verse in question. You, however, are showing me the opinions of scholars when I could easily do the same. Indeed, if you knew anything about the history of sexual slavery in Islamic history, you would know exactly why ISIS are doing what they're doing. Consensual sex with female slaves did not exist, and it cannot exist no matter how "nicely" you treat the slaves.

LMAO tafsir is an opinion aswell.... unless you think they have some divine connection to god.

What ISIS is doing now is not the same as what the mohemmedians did.
Original post by ridwan12
LMAO tafsir is an opinion aswell.... unless you think they have some divine connection to god.

What ISIS is doing now is not the same as what the mohemmedians did.

Tafsir are explanations that take into account the circumstances of revelations. But we don't actually need tafsir to see what it's talking about, the verse is clear on its own.

"Mohemmedians" lol, your delusion knows no bounds.
Original post by Reformed
you are the practicing muslim, you are supposed to read - not wait for ppl to post references for you to google

i never said i was a practicing muslim
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Tafsir are explanations that take into account the circumstances of revelations. But we don't actually need tafsir to see what it's talking about, the verse is clear on its own.

"Mohemmedians" lol, your delusion knows no bounds.

Tafsir are still opinions they are not factual they take more than just circumstances but understanding was meant using other verses of qur'an and islamic theology. Hadith's are and I provided you with one in which you continue to ignore lol. The verse is not clear on it's own.

What's funny about "mohammedian" it is a word used to describe the early followers of the prophet i.e medianans, early muslim's etc etc. How this makes me delusion is your own delusion but that's some cold delicious tea for you :rofl3:
It's haram for a Muslim to marry a Yazidi let alone have intercourse with her, let alone rape her.

Muslims are only allowed to marry other Muslims + people of the book (Christians and Jews)
Original post by felamaslen
How ironic that you would use Islam to justify punishment of ISIS - the people who use Islam to justify their barbaric behaviour (with plenty of direct references to scripture in their videos).

Why turn to iron age belief systems when you have the modern rule of law?

Not ironic at all. I said this from the beginning, they are a cancer to Islam. I support air strike led coalitions against them (which nearly everyone does) - How is that ironic? Either way they still die.
Original post by Marco1
That's such a cop out. To refute your claim you at least need a reference quote. In the Quran there isn't actually any word for rape. It just talks about when intercourse is permitted. As far as I know, the only time it doesn't seem allowable is when it is with another man's wife without the husband's permission, so as not to cause discord among fellow Muslim males, or when a wife is too ill to have sex with her husband. It seems to be all geared towards the sexual gratification of the male.
Mohammad killed and raped to propagate his religion. It's all there. Basically, the unsavoury truth is that Mohammad said that Allah says it's okay.

How is that a cope out? If you are genuinely interested, I clearly said message me. There is a national census against rape in Islam OBVIOUSLY. Who would ever follow a religion which permits it?
Original post by whorace
Wow you know the Quran so much you can't even recite a few lines from memory. You must be a genius

Lol! I clearly said message me if you are interested, I'm not going to argue with an Ex-Muslim. It's been proven that, it's a waste of time.
Original post by missfats
Ex-Muzzies get educated on Wiki Islam.

Of course they know more then the average sheikh who dedicated his whole life into studying and researching directly from the authorised sources... It's always better to go on wiki Islam....

(sarcasm)

Posted from TSR Mobile

an ex muslims has usually read the quran as a means of indoctrination, then again as independant thinking individual .

your sheikhs do so purely as a means to spread indoctrination and strengthen their own use of dogma
Original post by StudentOkay
LOOOOL a non educated person trying to tell me what the Quran says about raping a slave. I have read the Quran twice in English and twice in Arabic. حمار

Posted from TSR Mobile

not very well in that case
Original post by Reformed
you obviously never actually read the quran in that case. slaves were permitted - a slave by definition has no choice to give consent. try reading

LOL Student ok called you a donkey xD
Original post by Untitled.
It's haram for a Muslim to marry a Yazidi let alone have intercourse with her, let alone rape her.

Muslims are only allowed to marry other Muslims + people of the book (Christians and Jews)

Yazidi's are considered people of the book

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonynmous

LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonynmous

i know, name calling is the level the ignorant fall to when they have been shown up in front of everyone

This is Quantum isn't it?
Not ironic at all. I said this from the beginning, they are a cancer to Islam. I support air strike led coalitions against them (which nearly everyone does) - How is that ironic? Either way they still die.

I also support the air strikes and think they should go further, but my justification is that ISIS opposes civil society and liberal democracy. Your justification was that they are sinning according to Islam (in your opinion).
Original post by felamaslen
I also support the air strikes and think they should go further, but my justification is that ISIS opposes civil society and liberal democracy. Your justification was that they are sinning according to Islam (in your opinion).

How is that ironic when your beliefs too would result in their death? I think we are both on the same page here.
How is that ironic when your beliefs too would result in their death? I think we are both on the same page here.

It is ironic because you are using the same, flawed, justification for beliefs that ISIS use.

If your justification for a belief is simply that Islam prescribes it, you may as well believe anything.

You need to grow up. :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending