The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zezo
I got a question, what subject did you guys all study to apply for university in Paramedic?

I am currently studying History, English Literature and Biology at A2 and I did German at AS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 381
Original post by SolStott
I am currently studying History, English Literature and Biology at A2 and I did German at AS

Posted from TSR Mobile

awesome, so you only need to do one science?
Original post by Zezo
I got a question, what subject did you guys all study to apply for university in Paramedic?

I'm doing Chemistry, Psychology and Philosophy at A2, pretty much every uni for Paramedic science requires a minimum of one of your A-levels to be a science, some go further and want biology specifically.
Reply 383
Original post by TaylorHolman
I'm doing Chemistry, Psychology and Philosophy at A2, pretty much every uni for Paramedic science requires a minimum of one of your A-levels to be a science, some go further and want biology specifically.

Awesome, thanks !
Original post by Zezo

I'm studying biology, psychology and health & social care at A2. Most unis aren't bothered about dropped AS levels. A lot do specify science or biology specifically, and places like Hallam specify an additional "life science" which is why I chose psychology. Health & social care isn't a requirement but definitely helps because you learn about different health conditions and how the NHS works and it's really interesting!!
Reply 385
Ok thanks, I'm currently in Year 12 but I'm planning on starting Year 12 again doing A Levels, I was thinking Biology, Psycology, IT, or Biology, Business and IT?

thanks
Original post by Zezo
Ok thanks, I'm currently in Year 12 but I'm planning on starting Year 12 again doing A Levels, I was thinking Biology, Psycology, IT, or Biology, Business and IT?

thanks

Just pick whichever one you'll enjoy the most I say, if you don't enjoy something you'll inevitably do worse at it
Reply 387
Just pick whichever one you'll enjoy the most I say, if you don't enjoy something you'll inevitably do worse at it

thanks, but one science is key right?
Original post by Zezo
thanks, but one science is key right?

One science is essential, if you don't have it you will struggle
Reply 389
One science is essential, if you don't have it you will struggle

okay thanks bro!
Original post by Zezo
okay thanks bro!

No problem mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zezo

I'm studying BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma Applied Science :smile:
Reply 392
Original post by Vickieamy
Yeah I do! :smile:

See you tomorrow then haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vickieamy
I have an interview for Coventry on the 13th

ooo i have an interview on the 13th too at 9:00 how are you finding the sample maths test for it?
Had a selection day invite come through from Greenwich, despite me confirming to them by email that I do not yet hold a driver's licence. Though the essential information pdf states you must bring this otherwise your application will be withdrawn. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Original post by CharlottePJ
ooo i have an interview on the 13th too at 9:00 how are you finding the sample maths test for it?

Yeah that's when mine is too :smile:
Not too bad! How about you?
the maths tests isnt too bad im just struggling to think what the literacy test may include
Original post by CharlottePJ
the maths tests isnt too bad im just struggling to think what the literacy test may include

from what I know from the one at UEA, its a comprehension type test
Original post by JamesReedJMR
Had a selection day invite come through from Greenwich, despite me confirming to them by email that I do not yet hold a driver's licence. Though the essential information pdf states you must bring this otherwise your application will be withdrawn. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Not entirely similar but I had an interview at Hallam today despite them saying you need a full licence by the interview day and then sending me an email reminding me to bring it(my test is booked for a week before they said the interview was, but they moved it forward). Just take your provisional and the DVLA check code and tell them when your test is booked for, that's what I had to do, and they'll probably be fine with it (if they're not, then it's their fault for not reading your application thoroughly enough!). They might ask you to go back with your full licence when you get it if you accept an offer, that's what they asked me to do.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sw0nze
See you tomorrow then haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've no idea it I spoke to you today :tongue: how did you do?!

Quick Reply

Latest