The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science 2016

Scroll to see replies

I heard back from Surrey tonight asking for a fitness test saying I had received a conditional offer! Anybody else heard back?
Original post by MrHarry
I heard back from Surrey tonight asking for a fitness test saying I had received a conditional offer! Anybody else heard back?

Yeah, so did I, are you going to book it straight away or wait a bit??
Original post by Unknowtwin2

I emailed them a few days back and still no reply so I am not sure if they're in much of a rush
Original post by Unknowtwin2

I think I'll wait a bit.
Just got an invite for a 'selection day' at Greenwich next Tuesday, which seems to be their way of saying an interview. Anyone else got this? Anyone know if it's MMI or regular?
Original post by JoeTSR
Just got an invite for a 'selection day' at Greenwich next Tuesday, which seems to be their way of saying an interview. Anyone else got this? Anyone know if it's MMI or regular?

A selection day, in my experience, is neither - you do a load of activities in small groups like discussions about a scenario or a current issue, group problem solving, test, presentations etc. they are just making sure you're a well rounded person. They don't really ask you any one-on-one questions. Hope that helped.
Original post by JoeTSR

Read what they've sent you as it should give you an outline of the kind of format to expect

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone still waiting for replies? I applied in December and feel like I'm the only person still waiting, it's so frustrating!
Original post by leannyly
A selection day, in my experience, is neither - you do a load of activities in small groups like discussions about a scenario or a current issue, group problem solving, test, presentations etc. they are just making sure you're a well rounded person. They don't really ask you any one-on-one questions. Hope that helped.

Ah, cool, thanks very much :smile:
Original post by TaylorHolman
Read what they've sent you as it should give you an outline of the kind of format to expect

There's not a lot in terms of that, it does say that those who pass the literacy & numeracy tests will be invited to attend the selection/interview (they use those a bit interchangeably), but doesn't specify what that consists of.

Original post by AmboAmbition
Is anyone still waiting for replies? I applied in December and feel like I'm the only person still waiting, it's so frustrating!

Have you not got any? Where did you apply to? I took until January to apply and got interviews with Beds, Herts and Greenwich (16 & May 17), just waiting on SGUL.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 589
Where have you applied to? I'm still waiting to hear from Edge Hill & LJMU, haven't heard a thing! Has anybody else applied to them?
Original post by JoeTSR
Ah, cool, thanks very much :smile:

There's not a lot in terms of that, it does say that those who pass the literacy & numeracy tests will be invited to attend the selection/interview (they use those a bit interchangeably), but doesn't specify what that consists of.

Have you not got any? Where did you apply to? I took until January to apply and got interviews with Beds, Herts and Greenwich (16 & May 17), just waiting on SGUL.

I got rejected from Herts and Brighton, got offered Human Physiology instead of Para Sci by Portsmouth, still waiting on Bournemouth and Suffolk.
Original post by addzey
Where have you applied to? I'm still waiting to hear from Edge Hill & LJMU, haven't heard a thing! Has anybody else applied to them?

I applied to Bournemouth, Brighton, Herts, Portsmouth and Suffolk, still waiting for Bournemouth and Suffolk, good to know I'm not the only one still waiting to hear!
Reply 592
Has anyone been to or invited to a test day at UCLan?
Reply 593
Original post by Parish1

Me! Is it for he maths and English tests? Mine is this Thursday
Original post by Parish1

Just curious as I live in the area, which UCLAN campus are paramedics on?
Reply 595
Original post by SolStott

It's just on the main city centre campus I think :smile:
Reply 596

All I know is that it's the preston campus which I guess is the main one?
Reply 597
Original post by addzey
Me! Is it for he maths and English tests? Mine is this Thursday

Yeah, mine too. I have no idea how to prepare for it, and it's not smart dress or anything is it? Just says if you pass this you get an interview on another date
Original post by Parish1
All I know is that it's the preston campus which I guess is the main one?

Ahh okay, a bit of forewarning Preston and surrounding areas aren't that nice, unsure on the Uni itself but I have to go there for certain things and don't necessarily enjoy the experience
Reply 599
Ahh okay, a bit of forewarning Preston and surrounding areas aren't that nice, unsure on the Uni itself but I have to go there for certain things and don't necessarily enjoy the experience

I'll bear that in mind if i get an offer!

Quick Reply

Latest