The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science 2016

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know how long st Georges take to reply after an interview? They said up to four weeks, but I was wondering if there was a more 'realistic' time frame? Thanks in advance!
Original post by addzey
Does anybody else have an interview for EdgeHill this Thursday?? Sooooo nervous!!

I have! Im just worried about the english as I somehow failed it another uni last year!
Original post by lissabarr
Anybody heard back from LJMU yet? :smile:

Only for a interview on the 9th! Dont think anybody will hear till theyve all been completed
Reply 783
Original post by kelseysd
Does anyone know how long st Georges take to reply after an interview? They said up to four weeks, but I was wondering if there was a more 'realistic' time frame? Thanks in advance!

I swear you went to last Monday for an interview in the morning and I went in an interview in the afternoon? you should have asked them when they were asking students about any questions.

Anyways, lucky for you Kelsey, I did ask that day "). They said they need to interview any other applicants within the next 3 weeks and in the next 3 weeks they will let us know whether we get a conditional offer or not.

I thought I would fail the interview however the interview was not as bad as I thought it was to be, however I think I did bad.

I went to Hertfordshire today for an interview and I enjoyed the interview. I need to learn from all you mature students, you guys have so much life experience!!!!! While I'm just a little kid who is in his teens and does not have much life experience. Though I enjoyed my interview I still think I did bad. It was good to have some experience with interviews and if I get rejected (hopefully not) from all firms, then I'll know what I need to improve next year. All you mature and teenage students are way smarter than me

Now that I have gained experience with interviews, I think I can become a better person of adapting and taking my time of understanding a question and therefore reply with a good answer.

I really do want to become a paramedic and save lives as we all want to do that.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by anyg
I swear you went to last Monday for an interview in the morning and I went in an interview in the afternoon? you should have asked them when they were asking students about any questions.

Anyways, lucky for you Kelsey, I did ask that day ":wink:. They said they need to interview all the other applicants within the next 3 weeks and in the next 3 weeks they will let us know whether we get a conditional offer or not.

I thought I would fail the interview however the interview was not as bad as I thought it was to be, however I think I did bad.

I went to Hertfordshire today for an interview and I enjoyed the interview. I need to learn from all you mature students, you guys have so much life experience!!!!! While I'm just a little kid who is in his teens and does not have much life experience. Though I enjoyed my interview I still think I did bad. It was good to have some experience with interviews and if I get rejected (hopefully not) from all firms, then I'll know what I need to improve next year. All you mature and teenage students are way smarter than me

Now that I have gained experience with interviews, I think I can become a better person of adapting and taking my time of understanding a question and therefore reply with a good answer.

I really do want to become a paramedic and save lives as we all want to do that.

Thank you! I'm sure you did fine at your interviews, and if not don't give up you'll get there! Good luck for your replies and for upcoming interviews.
Has anyone heard from Plymouth?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 786
Apparently I got withdrawn from Greenwich because apparently they said I did not provide documents when I already did -.-''''.

Does anyone know other universities out there which are close to London? I do not want to go far out towards north like Luton campus or Birmingham City, Id prefer going somewhere near me.
Original post by Wiggyy
Received a unconditional offer from Portsmouth, still waiting to hear back from Bournemouth.

I got an unconditional from Portsmouth too! Where are you wanting to go?
Original post by anyg
Apparently I got withdrawn from Greenwich because apparently they said I did not provide documents when I already did -.-''''.

Does anyone know other universities out there which are close to London? I do not want to go far out towards north like Luton campus or Birmingham City, Id prefer going somewhere near me.

Luton isn't exactly north, just barely. You're left with Herts (Hatfield, not that much further south than Luton) or St George's (or switching into nursing, which gives you a lot more options).
Original post by anyg

Hi anyg

You may be pleased to know that we have a campus in Chelmsford - just 30 mins away from London by train which offers the paramedic Science course. If you'd like to know more about the course, you can visit our website. You can also contact our friendly admissions team at [email protected] or on 0125 686868.

Hope this helps!

Best wishes

Natalie :smile:
Reply 790
I just received an interview invitation to Surrey. Can anyone give me some insight as to the structure of the interview/day and the types of things they ask? Greatly appreciated.
Reply 791
Original post by Anglia Ruskin University
Hi anyg

You may be pleased to know that we have a campus in Chelmsford - just 30 mins away from London by train which offers the paramedic Science course. If you'd like to know more about the course, you can visit our website. You can also contact our friendly admissions team at [email protected] or on 0125 686868.

Hope this helps!

Best wishes

Natalie :smile:

Thanks, I only thought there was a cambridge campus :h:
Reply 792
I have an interview at Surrey on Tuesday.

Earlier in this thread, it was stated that the course has ~50 places.
When I was booking my interview slot, there were 30 available spaces per batch.
So does anyone know how many batches of interviews there were?

If, for example, there were 10 batches of interviews, at 30 applicants each, and 50 places available, that would mean each person has a 1/6 chance of getting in.

And that's assuming you get past the initial screening.

Original post by Hyoii
I just received an interview invitation to Surrey. Can anyone give me some insight as to the structure of the interview/day and the types of things they ask? Greatly appreciated.

What day are you on?
I have an interview with Birmingham Uni tomorrow, anyone else going to be there? :smile:

Also, any tips on what I should revise?
Original post by ab677
I have an interview at Surrey on Tuesday.

Earlier in this thread, it was stated that the course has ~50 places.
When I was booking my interview slot, there were 30 available spaces per batch.
So does anyone know how many batches of interviews there were?

If, for example, there were 10 batches of interviews, at 30 applicants each, and 50 places available, that would mean each person has a 1/6 chance of getting in.

And that's assuming you get past the initial screening.

What day are you on?

The staff at Surrey said that once you get to interview it's 4 interviewees for every place, but there's obviously some who get an offer there and go elsewhere to factor in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anyg

Call them up and speak to then if you think it's their mix up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 796
Original post by shanj0nes
I have an interview with Birmingham Uni tomorrow, anyone else going to be there? :smile:

Also, any tips on what I should revise?

you have maths and english tests there right? as far as i remember there was speed/distance/time questions and quite a bit on ratios, i think?? and the english test is basically comprehension. Interview-wise just read up on the paramedic service and their values. Good luck buddy! let us know how it goes :smile:
Trying to apply for student finance and Paramedic Science isn't showing up as a course offered by St George's! I've tried searching for it by name and by course code, but nothing shows up... I've sent an email to SGUL, but was wondering if anybody else had encountered this problem/if they found out how to solve it.
Original post by JamesReedJMR
Trying to apply for student finance and Paramedic Science isn't showing up as a course offered by St George's! I've tried searching for it by name and by course code, but nothing shows up... I've sent an email to SGUL, but was wondering if anybody else had encountered this problem/if they found out how to solve it.

Same with ARU mate
Original post by emmam25
you have maths and english tests there right? as far as i remember there was speed/distance/time questions and quite a bit on ratios, i think?? and the english test is basically comprehension. Interview-wise just read up on the paramedic service and their values. Good luck buddy! let us know how it goes :smile:

I had the BCU one yesterday - no speed/time and no ratios, but an awful lot of ridiculously hard division

Quick Reply

Latest