The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Help! ive had surgery!

Hi, i recently had a major accident, in which i had to have surgery with exams just around the corner.
the universities i have applied for want AAB AND BBB, i dont think i can attain these grades and was wondering is there any chance i could possibly get in, is there any hope left for me?

(I am predicted AAB but i think i will most probably attain BCC)
Let your school know and then they will tell the exam board/ unis :smile: then they may give you a better chance under your circumstances as your predicted grades are good.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Lollypop0
Let your school know and then they will tell the exam board/ unis :smile: then they may give you a better chance under your circumstances as your predicted grades are good.

Hi,
Thanks for responding so fast, i dont think my school has informed my universities and i dont think they are likely to. However, they have provided me with a laptop in exams do you think i should contact my universities myself?
Talk to your school first maybe? ask them whether this will affect your grades and chances with getting into uni. Did you miss any school due to the accident? Personally I would ask the school what you should do. You could contact the universities and ask if it will harm your chances in getting into that university as it wasn't your fault for the accident.
Original post by M199728
Hi, i recently had a major accident, in which i had to have surgery with exams just around the corner.
the universities i have applied for want AAB AND BBB, i dont think i can attain these grades and was wondering is there any chance i could possibly get in, is there any hope left for me?

(I am predicted AAB but i think i will most probably attain BCC)

You can apply for extenuating circumstances to the exam boards with evidence as well as talking to the admissions at the universities and they'll essentially give you a better weighting and lower requirements
Reply 5
Original post by Iqbal007
You can apply for extenuating circumstances to the exam boards with evidence as well as talking to the admissions at the universities and they'll essentially give you a better weighting and lower requirements

Hi,

I handed in a medical certificate from my doctor to my school, they took the medical note, they ended up giving me a laptop because Im unable to write with my right hand and rest breaks... How do i find out if im entitled to extenuating circumstances, or how would i get them?
Original post by M199728
Hi,

I handed in a medical certificate from my doctor to my school, they took the medical note, they ended up giving me a laptop because Im unable to write with my right hand and rest breaks... How do i find out if im entitled to extenuating circumstances, or how would i get them?

Go to talk to them...and force it through and also state it to the university admissions department via email
Reply 7
I would suggest you to talk to the admissions office of all the universities that you've applied for, explaining your condition and ask them directly for any suggestions they may have for your circumstances. :smile: Also, getting a written letter/email from them asking your college to submit whatever evidence that is necessary is a good idea too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending