The Student Room Group

New to this, and am needing some advice

Hello out there!
Is there any Access to Midwifery students that can help me with a good reading list?
I hoping to get on to the course next year at Kingston College, but until I'm an actual studant they won't supply me with it.....is there any good books to be recommended?
Thanks Guys 😊
Moved to Midwifery, where you're more likely to get an answer :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Becky3369
Hello out there!
Is there any Access to Midwifery students that can help me with a good reading list?
I hoping to get on to the course next year at Kingston College, but until I'm an actual studant they won't supply me with it.....is there any good books to be recommended?
Thanks Guys 😊

I am study Access to Nursing and Midwifery online. Why you wait till next year when you can do now?

I am read textbook by by college. They very good because help with everything. They give us Anatomy and Physiology for Student Nurses. This easy to read and explain course well. I also need maths for learn better. I use one for student nurse too.

Most you need to get some from library when need for course. Need use many books to get good grade and so cheap to borrow when need in course thatn buy all now.
Hey!
For access courses it will depend on what specific topics you will cover.
You're more than likely doing anatomy and physiology so look at getting Ross & Wilson (there's a colouring book too to help with revision). Some universities use this as well as tortora and derrickson so the books will come in handy should you be successful in getting in to university!
I can't help too much with the midwife side of things but if you have a trawl through the midwifery threads and smnet (which is changing) they should be able to help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by N2B
I am study Access to Nursing and Midwifery online. Why you wait till next year when you can do now?

I am read textbook by by college. They very good because help with everything. They give us Anatomy and Physiology for Student Nurses. This easy to read and explain course well. I also need maths for learn better. I use one for student nurse too.

Most you need to get some from library when need for course. Need use many books to get good grade and so cheap to borrow when need in course thatn buy all now.

I would also suggest you focus on your English as well, as large parts of your post here are incomprehensible. It's something most universities assess as part of their admissions process.
Reply 5
Thanks for your input 😊

I'm not able to join this yeah as I have to go back to school and redo my Maths G.C.S.E.
Which I start in September.
I agree about the English in one of the comments, it seems you need at least a C grade to get on to any course these days, and in many Uni entry exams you need to be competent in all aspects of English and Maths to even be considered. It would be a shame to do an online course, put all that effort and time in, to be told you don't have the English skills to continue. You can apply for free courses, maybe you can do it along side your online course.

I'm going to check out the books you have suggested, there are so many out there! It's good to have somewhere to start, so thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending