The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Maths Non Calculator Higher, grade boundaries?

Scroll to see replies

Oh.... I think I got that one straight away.......anyone got the answer so i can confirm? (Bcs im not denying that i may not be that good~ ive been an A in Maths for the past 4 months tho)

Was the answer:
6/n x 5/n-1 =1/3 of bag
30/n2 (idk how to square on here) -n

Oh i just realised my huge ****ing mistake. Oh. Okay thats sad. I did.
x 3 = 90/n2 -n (i know i know i haven't timed the bottom by three)
90/n2-n = 0
90 =( n2-n)
n2 -n -90 = 0

Damn.

Original post by musictagj
Hey, I didn't do the exam (I did it in year 10), but I'm intrigued as to what the "Hannah's sweets" question is. Why is everyone raging about that one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Magicaltoaster
Oh.... I think I got that one straight away.......anyone got the answer so i can confirm? (Bcs im not denying that i may not be that good~ ive been an A in Maths for the past 4 months tho)

Was the answer:
6/n x 5/n-1 =1/3 of bag
30/n2 (idk how to square on here) -n

Oh i just realised my huge ****ing mistake. Oh. Okay thats sad. I did.
x 3 = 90/n2 -n (i know i know i haven't timed the bottom by three)
90/n2-n = 0
90 =( n2-n)
n2 -n -90 = 0

Damn.

:tongue: i felt confident when i walked out and now I'm crying god. What an awful exam.
Reply 22
Original post by Amanu50
Hi did anyone find the exam hard than last years n previous years before. Will the grade boundaries be low. If i got 30-40 marks how much would i need for an A or B. Mostly a b. Thank u.

On last years papers 95/200 was a B so you'd need (based on last year) at least 55 marks to get a grade B overall, but hopefully the grade boundaries are lower :smile:)
Reply 23
Original post by Magicaltoaster
:tongue: i felt confident when i walked out and now I'm crying god. What an awful exam.

Don't worry I've been an A grade student and have completely messed up that exam! I've been joking saying that I loved it so much, I want to do it again in November. 😂Remember we can resit it if we don't reach our potential
I think that the A* grade boundary will be 81/82/83/84 (2014 grade boundaries were 82. I thought this paper was slightly harder but still reasonable)
Reply 25
Original post by FTSE420
I think that the A* grade boundary will be 81/82/83/84 (2014 grade boundaries were 82. I thought this paper was slightly harder but still reasonable)

What about an A? I think it was 134? Surely it should drop to 129 ish?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mash22
Don't worry I've been an A grade student and have completely messed up that exam! I've been joking saying that I loved it so much, I want to do it again in November. 😂Remember we can resit it if we don't reach our potential

Oh god I don't like this at all!
Reply 27
ITV NEWS GOT INVOLVED LOOOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
That was ****ing brilliant. Grade boundaries should be sky high.

Aaaahhhhh so many easy marks!

Woooooaaaahhh
nobody likes a big headed nerd. some people woukd of found that paper hard so think anout others before yourself.
How do I fond the foundation one?xxx
Reply 31
all you do is factorise. (n-10)(N+9) and then solve. i got this wring over thought it
Original post by Riddy P
all you do is factorise. (n-10)(N+9) and then solve. i got this wring over thought it

No for the top bit, that bit was okay.
Does anybody know where I could find the unofficial mark scheme?

Ps; I found it so difficult😧😧
Reply 34
1 paper =

A*= 80
A = 65
B = 48
C = 30
Reply 35
[QUOTE="Ygmboy5;56603911"]1 paper =

A*= 80
A = 65
B = 48
C = 30[/QUOTE

Doesn't the fact that the grades weren't good and how hard the non calc was change the boundaries? So an A could be 63 ish?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
What paper is this? Maths A or B - what unit?
Reply 37
Original post by futbol
That was ****ing brilliant. Grade boundaries should be sky high.

Aaaahhhhh so many easy marks!

Woooooaaaahhh

You're obviously not that smart if you didn't read all of the other comments with people saying how they found it hard or it was a hard paper, then make a post like this. Seriously, consider other people -.-
Reply 38
Its inevitable, the grade boundaries will go down, usually its due to how well people do, EDEXCEL clearly can see that people didn't do amazing lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by Foji
Its inevitable, the grade boundaries will go down, usually its due to how well people do, EDEXCEL clearly can see that people didn't do amazing lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you seen the petition? There are almost 15,000 signs 😳 Some news websites reported on it too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending