The Student Room Group

Easier maths exams

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fvthoms
In the generation where information is freely available online etc, the valuable mind is not the one that stores 500TB of information. It is the one who, when presented with the information, can manipulate it to obtain a solution to the problems presented to them. Though I agree exams should not get easier, they do need to change to accommodate more questions like this.

There shouldn't be a country of 16 year olds who, when presented with a relatively simple critical thinking question, start to flap about.

Are you disagreeing with me? Because I agree with you. :confused:
Reply 21
Original post by StarvingAutist
Are you disagreeing with me? Because I agree with you. :confused:

Nah; agree with you completely, just adding my
I want to know how many people actually found the paper hard in the whole country. Looking at the news or twitter isn't representative because they exaggerate almost everything.

I know I, and other students in my class, did not find the Hannah question difficult.
Original post by Fvthoms
Nah; agree with you completely, just adding my

Cool. Just making sure; some people disagree with me while actually agreeing with me :tongue:
Maths exams shouldn't be easier. Nor should any others. Some people need to not get an A, a C, or even an E. If this isn't the case, those at the top don't get stretched enough, given the pressure from our existing educational system on teachers to achieve grades, rather than teach as best as they could.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending