The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

The Warwick Accommodation Thread (+Guide in Post#1)

Scroll to see replies

polaroid13
And say...aren't you the young one? The one who's not going to be 18 when you go to Warwick?

I fear I've released too much information on this forum :colonhash:

EDIT: And I bet that if you meet someone who is 17, you will ask 'are you TheTallOne?' and they will say 'What'
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
TheTallOne

EDIT: And I bet that if you meet someone who is 17, you will ask 'are you TheTallOne?' and they will say 'What'

Haha :p:

You do realise, I hope, that any attempts to keep your identity secret are futile?
Lady Justice
Haha :p:

You do realise, I hope, that any attempts to keep your identity secret are futile?

There are only 5 (or possible more) people on this forum who I know in person.

Hold on, a few more know me from UCL. I don't know :dontknow:

Resistance is futile, having multiple personalities on the internet isn't. You never know, I could be Laddy Jústice.
TheTallOne

Lmao!!! Your expression is making me giggle.
You told me once on another Warwick thread.
I didn't understand what the problem was - you had to spell it out to me that you were a year younger. :rolleyes:

And I actually hadn't thought of that...but I have now! :p:

:facepalm: I just looked at your profile and it says your age on there. I spend a good 5 minutes staring at your username in this thread trying to remember what it was that I knew about you.
Reply 1584
Does anyone know when are they going to let us know what accommadation we've been assigned?

Also, is it to the email address we used for UCAS or our new Warwick email address (which we don't have yet) that the email gets sent?
Jonno_
Does anyone know when are they going to let us know what accommadation we've been assigned?

Also, is it to the email address we used for UCAS or our new Warwick email address (which we don't have yet) that the email gets sent?

In the Welcome pack it just says we will find out about accommodation 'during september'....that's not ambiguous at all is it? :p: so basically it is now a waiting game.

And I believe they will email the email address that you used for your UCAS application.
Jonno_

Last year it was on September 10th. However this doesn't mean it'll be September 10th this year (or even anywhere near that date). Unfortunately, it seems that Warwick just send out their accommodation offers "when they're ready". It could be either before or after enrollment opens, but the offer should be sent to the email address UCAS holds for you. Anyway, since nobody can predict when they're going to send out offers, it should come as a nice surprise (if you get what you wanted, that is) when the email arrives :smile:

Note/remember that you'll only find out which accommodation you've been assigned to (e.g. Rootes, Arthur Vick, Whitefields etc.), you won't find out your block or room number until you arrive unless things have changed from previous years.
I keep trying to second guess what accommodation I'll get even though I have no way of knowing! I can't wait to find out!!

I've just found out a friend of mine from a course I did last summer is also going to Warwick and she applied for the exact same choices as me so I'm hoping we get put in the same accommodation hall... but I guess there's no way of knowing.

ooooooooooooh, so exciting!
Reply 1588
sorry to cut in with all the discussions goin on..:p: ..
this being my numero uno post, though I've been reading on TSR since a long time..
I am an Intl student comin to warwick for my masters in biomanagement this Oct..
I just got my Accommodation offer today... though my 1st and 2nd options were tocil and claycroft respectively because of them being closer to the bio dept and plus being cheaper than the others...I ended up with Heronbank(my 3rd option),,:frown:..
now my problems are firstly the cost..:s-smilie: ...and secondly the distance from heronbank to the gibbet hill campus(a bloody trek everyday)..
How much of a problem will the distance be?..
Plus in general how is heronbank...and when do they tell u ur room(flat) numbers?
and is it possible to get my room changed to tocil/claycroft??
Thanks..:biggrin:
TheTallOne
There are only 5 (or possible more) people on this forum who I know in person.

Hold on, a few more know me from UCL. I don't know :dontknow:

Resistance is futile, having multiple personalities on the internet isn't. You never know, I could be Laddy Jústice.

Just fancied quoting you for no reason.

And I don't need luck finding you, it will be a doddle.
utprabh

I just got my Accommodation offer today... though my 1st and 2nd options were tocil and claycroft respectively because of them being closer to the bio dept and plus being cheaper than the others...I ended up with Heronbank(my 3rd option),,:frown:..
now my problems are firstly the cost..:s-smilie: ...and secondly the distance from heronbank to the gibbet hill campus(a bloody trek everyday)..
Plus in general how is heronbank...and when do they tell u ur room(flat) numbers?

I haven't got my accommodation details yet.

Heronbank will probably be a bit like going from Westwood to the main campus everyday - people survive. Although perhaps you should have chosen Rootes/Cryfield as your third if you were worried about the distance.

I think room allocations are chose by the warden, based on what you wrote in the describe yourself section.
Lady Justice
Just fancied quoting you for no reason.

And I don't need luck finding you, it will be a doddle.

You won't find me before the end of the Fresher's Fortnight (I'll probably lock myself in a corner of my room and not turn up to lectures for two weeks).

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1014125

I can't believe they made this thread. FOR ME!!! :awesome:
Reply 1592
TheTallOne
I haven't got my accommodation details yet.

Heronbank will probably be a bit like going from Westwood to the main campus everyday - people survive. Although perhaps you should have chosen Rootes/Cryfield as your third if you were worried about the distance.

I think room allocations are chose by the warden, based on what you wrote in the describe yourself section.

Well...I am an International student goin for Masters hence rootes/cryfield is pretty much out of the question since its not given as a choice for us overseas folks...!!
It was between Heronbank or lakeside(my third option)...
utprabh
sorry to cut in with all the discussions goin on..:p: ..
this being my numero uno post, though I've been reading on TSR since a long time..
I am an Intl student comin to warwick for my masters in biomanagement this Oct..

I doubt you'll be able to change your room... Tocil and Claycroft are well positioned and popular. Heronbank is not. But you can ask around at the start on term to see if anyone will swap with you... rules about this are on the accom website somewhere.
People manage the distance, not ideal but it's not going to be awful.
I never met anyone who was in Heronbank so don't know how it is. If you weren't ok with the price, you shouldn't have applied there :-/ You got it as not many people put it at all I don't think.

You won't find out your exact hall/flat and room number until you turn up to collect your keys!!!
Reply 1594
Miss_Scarlet
I doubt you'll be able to change your room... Tocil and Claycroft are well positioned and popular. Heronbank is not. But you can ask around at the start on term to see if anyone will swap with you... rules about this are on the accom website somewhere.
People manage the distance, not ideal but it's not going to be awful.
I never met anyone who was in Heronbank so don't know how it is. If you weren't ok with the price, you shouldn't have applied there :-/ You got it as not many people put it at all I don't think.

You won't find out your exact hall/flat and room number until you turn up to collect your keys!!!

Ill try the ol swaparoo trick at the strt of the term but as per responses towards heronbank goes, I dont think its really sought after..:frown:...
I had put Heronbank as my last option thinking that I wud get Claycroft if not Tocil...
My bloody bad luck...!!!//
and even worse I got the 50 week contact..:mad:
"So anybody out there in TSR wanting the Lovely Heronbank accommodation in exchange for Claycroft or Tocil please contact me"..:biggrin:
utprabh

:s-smilie: 50 week contracts would only really be of use to international students (which you are). Perhaps you could find someone at orientation at the start of term.
Reply 1596
TheTallOne
:s-smilie: 50 week contracts would only really be of use to international students (which you are). Perhaps you could find someone at orientation at the start of term.

yea..perhaps!!..but then how bad cud heronbank be?...except for managing the cost of the place...the distance can be negated by buying a cycle or something right?
utprabh
Ill try the ol swaparoo trick at the strt of the term but as per responses towards heronbank goes, I dont think its really sought after..:frown:...
I had put Heronbank as my last option thinking that I wud get Claycroft if not Tocil...
"So anybody out there in TSR wanting the Lovely Heronbank accommodation in exchange for Claycroft or Tocil please contact me"..:biggrin:

Good Luck but don't get your hopes up :-/
Most people put places like Tocil, Claycroft, Rootes and Whitefields (and JM and AV).

At least you're still on campus. It's much easier and nicer being on campus than off in the 2nd year. (In my own opinion)
Reply 1598
Miss_Scarlet
Good Luck but don't get your hopes up :-/
Most people put places like Tocil, Claycroft, Rootes and Whitefields (and JM and AV).

At least you're still on campus. It's much easier and nicer being on campus than off in the 2nd year. (In my own opinion)

well..I guess so...as the age old cliche goes...something's better than nuthin..:p:
Lets see how it goes come October,,:smile:
Reply 1599
polaroid13
And say...aren't you the young one? The one who's not going to be 18 when you go to Warwick?

I'm not going to be 18 either, not 'till December. Will it be that detrimental? I hope not. D:

Quick Reply

Latest