The Student Room Group

Summer 2016 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Hey peeps,
I'm a student at Warwick University and I'm getting paid by a company to headhunt for students who are smart, to put it bluntly.
If you think you go to a good university and have a good CV, you'll most likely get a few interviews.
Some of the companies you will be headhunted for are:
-The Big 4
-Baillie Gifford
-Schroders
-Reckitt Benckiser
-M&G Investments
-L-3 TRL
If you're interested to get internship/graduate placement, or to generally kick start your career, drop me a message for any questions you may have regarding it.
If you're feeling particularly brave and you are confident with yourself/your university's stature, sign up http://bit.ly/2aaPEXVwith the referral code: WAR MARA.
I get paid when you sign up and you get a job (as long as you're at a decent uni) so I think thats a win-win.

It only take 5 mins to apply and all you need is a CV :smile:
Cheers, and happy hunting!
Hey peeps,I'm a student at Warwick University and I'm getting paid by a company to headhunt for students who are smart, to put it bluntly.
If you think you go to a good university and have a good CV, you'll most likely get a few interviews.
Some of the companies you will be headhunted for are:
-The Big 4
-Baillie Gifford
-Schroders
-Reckitt Benckiser
-M&G Investments
-L-3 TRL
If you're interested to get internship/graduate placement, or to generally kick start your career, drop me a message for any questions you may have regarding it.
If you're feeling particularly brave and you are confident with yourself/your university's stature, sign up http://bit.ly/2aaPEXVwith the referral code: WAR MARA.
I get paid when you sign up and you get a job (as long as you're at a decent uni) so I think thats a win-win.

It only take 5 mins to apply and all you need is a CV :smile:
Cheers, and happy hunting!
Reply 8362
could someone please pm me the graduate recruiting emails for Jp Morgan and Goldman Sachs?? Thanks
Hi guys,
During an AC, when you have to understand if you were or no to invest in the company, what things do people generally analyze? I would tend to do:
1. SWOT, in order to understand if the target is well positioned
2. Key investment highlights considering market trends
3. Financials
4. Valuations

what would you guys say?
Cheers
Original post by pipp10
Hi guys,
During an AC, when you have to understand if you were or no to invest in the company, what things do people generally analyze? I would tend to do:
1. SWOT, in order to understand if the target is well positioned
2. Key investment highlights considering market trends
3. Financials
4. Valuations

what would you guys say?
Cheers

I would leave out SWOT, and add Due diligence, operational improvements, cash flow generation, incentive given to management team

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know much about Expand Research? (a subsidiary of The Boston Consulting Group)
Like what they do, career opportunities and salary?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8366
Original post by Fas
This is a really stupid question - but could somebody explain clearly why Brexit will negatively impact City careers (mainly talking about IB)? I've heard a lot about the passporting system/EU regulations etc but nowhere have I seen a clear explanation as to WHY the City will be negatively impacted (I'm sure it will, but I would just like somebody to explain why)

Financial passport allows banks to originate a product in one geography, and sell it in an another. Thus, if the DCM desk at Goldman London originates a debt instrument, financial passporting allows Goldman Frankfurt to sell it to their clients without any extra red-tape or government taxes. Take this away, and any financial products created in the UK would have to first be approved by foreign regulators, and then taxed as an export, making them more expensive.
Original post by avar
Financial passport allows banks to originate a product in one geography, and sell it in an another. Thus, if the DCM desk at Goldman London originates a debt instrument, financial passporting allows Goldman Frankfurt to sell it to their clients without any extra red-tape or government taxes. Take this away, and any financial products created in the UK would have to first be approved by foreign regulators, and then taxed as an export, making them more expensive.

Fantastic, thank you.
Reply 8368
Advice for JP AC for research?? is it really 15 interviews? :/
Anyone done a JPM AM/IM/WM case study/AC?
Who interned at BAML PM PM?!
Anyone had any experience with the mitsubishi ufj securities summer internship application?
Original post by Commercial Paper
Yes - I'm interning in the Strategy Team of a large bank in Canary Wharf that reports to the COO.

Our CEO has announced something similar - do I see any plans on the inside from anyone, anywhere? Nope. It's not even mentioned.

They have been asked by George Osborne to come out with something credible to support their argument.

Just my two cents about it anyway... It's massively overblown.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is also the problem that the UK has the most developed capital markets in the world - it would take time as well as a significant amount of banks moving to a single city to develop the relatively undeveloped capital markets on the continent where the banking system is much more primary bank focussed whereas the UK's financial system is a better environment for secondary banks - believe it or not, the UK's state pension system is actually a significant driving factor behind this as it's lower than anywhere in Europe. Most pension money is in private pension schemes which are massive investors and therefore it makes raising capital far easier in the UK markets than on the continent as a consequence of this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending