The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Straight Law or joint course?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by callum_law
I am not sure why you think it's such a good course. Though that was not my point, my point was simply that gaining assent from two faculties is more difficult than the pure Law LLB route, or perhaps more accurately it can make it more difficult.

In my experience, it was only one tutor/team which handled admissions for an ambit of joint honors degrees. Although, you would have to satisfy criteria for both, e.g. a language.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Sadly, I was unfamiliar with this chap, but I can proudly say I am ignorant no more! Somewhat precocious, then.

I just try to help
Sadly, I was unfamiliar with this chap, but I can proudly say I am ignorant no more! Somewhat precocious, then.

there is no question for which he cannot perform a quick google, toss a coin for opinion, and proffer an 'as definitive' judgement.

He's TSR's magic 8-ball, god bless him.
Original post by cambio wechsel
you are possibly unfamiliar with the enjoyable Jontyfernz phenomenon. He is a highschool student from India who bumps all education threads in the middle of the (British) night, offering authoritative seeming advice on how to apply for doctoral funding in public health and postdocs in robotics.

nah i dont step into robotics and im no longer a high school student,i am an ex high school student :tongue: and i know some of the advice i had given in the past was wrong.
Original post by TimeWalker
In my experience, it was only one tutor/team which handled admissions for an ambit of joint honors degrees. Although, you would have to satisfy criteria for both, e.g. a language.

Yeah, I thought that might be the case which is why I refined what I said in order to avoid being misleading. Although at my uni people were applying to transfer to joint-honour courses, mainly during Freshers, and several were turned turned down because of one of the faculties being particularly fastidious.
Original post by cambio wechsel
there is no question for which he cannot perform a quick google, toss a coin for opinion, and proffer an 'as definitive' judgement.

He's TSR's magic 8-ball, god bless him.

:biggrin:
Original post by jontyfernz
:biggrin:

I am not entirely sure it was meant as a compliment.
I am not entirely sure it was meant as a compliment.

It was meant to be,but it doesn't seem you like foreigners getting on TSR,Are we invading your forum??
I'm a foreigner, and no one has complained about me jet, but then again i dont make a habit of giving advice about things i do not know about.
Original post by reallytrulee
I'm a foreigner, and no one has complained about me jet, but then again i dont make a habit of giving advice about things i do not know about.

Hmmm

I hope that was not intentional. I lol'd.
It was meant to be,but it doesn't seem you like foreigners getting on TSR,Are we invading your forum??

I don't think people oppose your nationality, more the quality of your advice.

Even if it was i'm cool with it

Hahaha, give me a brake, I'm a german girl who first learned english at the age of ten, I commonly missuse j's, y's and sch's lol. :smile:
I don't think people oppose your nationality, more the quality of your advice.

People just don't like the idea that i Google for certain courses.I would not do that if i were currently in the UK but May is when I am coming.I just like to help people and just because of a mistake or two,some pounce on me
People just don't like the idea that i Google for certain courses.I would not do that if i were currently in the UK but May is when I am coming.I just like to help people and just because of a mistake or two,some pounce on me

And your pure intentions must be respected. What are you coming to do in May? Where at?
Hahaha, give me a brake, I'm a german girl who first learned english at the age of ten, I commonly missuse j's, y's and sch's lol. :smile:

It's fine. Your English is decidedly better than my German, so I can't judge.

Giving you a brake :smile:
Also, can someone tell me why that was bad, because i have no idea for me it was just a typo... Like is it offensive or something? It seems from your reactions as though it was...
Also, can someone tell me why that was bad, because i have no idea for me it was just a typo... Like is it offensive or something? It seems from your reactions as though it was...

It was a joke.If you find it offensive i will remove it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending