Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Applicants 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lai812matthew
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/apply/requirements/ugacademic/

Titulo de Bachiller: Overall grades of 8.5-9+, with 8.5-9+ in relevant subjects

yes you are good enough.

Thanks, but I would like to point out that those are general requirements, whereas these can be found on the Aero department's website and are a little bit higher:

http://www.imperial.ac.uk/engineering/departments/aeronautics/study/ug/requirements/
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by feracero
Thanks, but I would like to point out that those are general requirements, whereas these can be found on the Aero department's website and are a little bit higher:

http://www.imperial.ac.uk/engineering/departments/aeronautics/study/ug/requirements/

you are qualified anyways
Original post by victoria98
So you're doing 4 A2s?! Good luck! I've heard psychology is really difficult at A Level (my school does OCR and many people failed AS this year). Ah that's quite nice then. I wish I did German too (but since it was based on tutor groups I had no choice but to do French). I do OCR for the sciences and edexcel for maths. Did you do OCR A or B?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do OCR A. Yes, sheer amount we have to know in psychology brings tears to my eyes just like trying to write my personal statement :frown:.
Original post by longsightdon
Yo guys! Another chemistry applicant here :smile:

Got 9a*1a at GCSE and got AAAB in AS, chemistry, maths, biology and B in physics

Also trying to write personal statement :P

Your grades are amazing :clap2:
Have you gotten far into your personal statement? I always think that things I want to say have been said before, so there are gaps at the end of many sentences in mine :colondollar:
Original post by Kamara7
Your grades are amazing :clap2:
Have you gotten far into your personal statement? I always think that things I want to say have been said before, so there are gaps at the end of many sentences in mine :colondollar:

Thanks! I'm sure yours are sick as well :wink:
And ish, I know what I want to write but I'm struggling with starting paragraphs and wording :frown:
Original post by Kamara7
I do OCR A. Yes, sheer amount we have to know in psychology brings tears to my eyes just like trying to write my personal statement :frown:.

Did you find the chemistry exams harder than usual? The personal statement is killing me too.. Everything I write doesn't seem good enough or is incredibly cringe-worthy..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yo guys! Another chemistry applicant here :smile:

Got 9a*1a at GCSE and got AAAB in AS, chemistry, maths, biology and B in physics

Also trying to write personal statement :P

Amazing grades well done! Much better GCSEs than mine (4A*s,7As,2Bs). Did the same AS levels and got AAAA; still can't believe I got an A in physics those exams killed me (which exam board did you do?). I'm guessing you're also applying to Oxbridge- you'd have a pretty good chance. How's your personal statement going? I'm struggling a lot with mine..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Amazing grades well done! Much better GCSEs than mine (4A*s,7As,2Bs). Did the same AS levels and got AAAA; still can't believe I got an A in physics those exams killed me (which exam board did you do?). I'm guessing you're also applying to Oxbridge- you'd have a pretty good chance. How's your personal statement going? I'm struggling a lot with mine..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks and congratulations! (extremely envious of that physics grade :colondollar:) And i did OCR physics, worst exams I've ever sat in my life :redface: And I'm still unsure whether to apply to oxford.. Just wondering whether it's be a waste of an option seeing how hard it is to get in :| and I'm struggling too lol, finding it hard to express myself well
Thanks and congratulations! (extremely envious of that physics grade :colondollar:) And i did OCR physics, worst exams I've ever sat in my life :redface: And I'm still unsure whether to apply to oxford.. Just wondering whether it's be a waste of an option seeing how hard it is to get in :| and I'm struggling too lol, finding it hard to express myself well

Thanks :smile: I also did OCR. Unit 2 was out of this world. Low grade boundaries saved me, I was honestly expecting a B at most. Anyway I dropped it so don't have to worry about it anymore (did you also drop it?). I think you should apply. Oxford use GCSE results and admission tests to see who they should interview. With 9 A*s I don't see why you wouldn't get invited for one. It's worth a shot. You've got a better chance than a lot of people! I've been trying to write it for a while now and it's never good enough. At this point I don't even know what I'm doing wrong I just know it's not right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks :smile: I also did OCR. Unit 2 was out of this world. Low grade boundaries saved me, I was honestly expecting a B at most. Anyway I dropped it so don't have to worry about it anymore (did you also drop it?). I think you should apply. Oxford use GCSE results and admission tests to see who they should interview. With 9 A*s I don't see why you wouldn't get invited for one. It's worth a shot. You've got a better chance than a lot of people! I've been trying to write it for a while now and it's never good enough. At this point I don't even know what I'm doing wrong I just know it's not right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unit 2 was ok for me albeit harder than the past unit 2 papers :| It was G481 aka the devil which rekted me :frown: Walked into that exam feeling confident, left destroyed :tongue: and yeah I dropped it, I couldn't wait, teachers sucked. and idk, applying to Imperial already is really tough, I'll have to see if I'm willing to gamble :biggrin: What are your five choices for uni? and I'm still trying to finish my 1st draft :| I go a lot to do XD
Did you find the chemistry exams harder than usual? The personal statement is killing me too.. Everything I write doesn't seem good enough or is incredibly cringe-worthy..

Posted from TSR Mobile

YES!!! Everyone I spoke to has said this, I had to skip part of a question in F321 and I ended up not having enough time to come back to it. The analysis question at the end of F322 was a disaster for me, could you even read the IR spectrum they gave us? Apparently the big broad peak was two smaller ones joined together??? I don't know how I got an A at the end of that ordeal.

I find it's hard with the personal statement to just talk about yourself, without coming across as too big-headed or bland!
Thanks! I'm sure yours are sick as well :wink:
And ish, I know what I want to write but I'm struggling with starting paragraphs and wording :frown:

I only got 3A*s and 7As :colondollar:
I know, right? It's the talking about yourself bit I can't handle! Did you do OCR A for chemistry?
Original post by Kamara7
I only got 3A*s and 7As :colondollar:
I know, right? It's the talking about yourself bit I can't handle! Did you do OCR A for chemistry?

Only? They're fantastic man what you on about :P and init! Making it sound personal is tough.. And nah i did AQA chem
I'm interested in biochemistry at a Imperial with Spanish, but I'm a bit worried about my grades. I got AAAB in biology, spanish, maths and chemistry respectively but worried the B in chemistry will pull me down. Anyone in a similar situation?
Unit 2 was ok for me albeit harder than the past unit 2 papers :| It was G481 aka the devil which rekted me :frown: Walked into that exam feeling confident, left destroyed :tongue: and yeah I dropped it, I couldn't wait, teachers sucked. and idk, applying to Imperial already is really tough, I'll have to see if I'm willing to gamble :biggrin: What are your five choices for uni? and I'm still trying to finish my 1st draft :| I go a lot to do XD

Same, I was also really confident for G481 but after the exam I felt destroyed and I ended up with a C :frown:. But, I need physics for engineering so I'm keeping it. Next year I'm planning to resit the AS modules with A2 because I need to get A/A* in Physics
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AverageGuy
Same, I was also really confident for G481 but after the exam I felt destroyed and I ended up with a C :frown:. But, I need physics for engineering so I'm keeping it. Next year I'm planning to resit the AS modules with A2 because I need to get A/A* in Physics

dayum man! That g481 paper was pure hell... OCR... where... were... the... DEFINITIONS?!?!?!?!?!??! spent time learning definitions and seeing as the teachers advised this so much.. ONE DEFINITION, which you couldn't even use the equation for :| And i just felt that paper was completely different to the past papers for it. My timing went all over the place as well :frown:

Both exams were harder than I would've liked. OCR like to play games. G481 was definitely worse than last year- that stupid single definition... I wanted to throw my paper in the bin. I was counting down the days to when I could finally drop it (my teacher was horrendous too). I have 4 choices at the moment: Imperial, Durham, UCL and Southampton. Don't know about the 5th choice yet- my school might force me to apply to Cambridge for NatSci but I don't stand a chance so I'd rather not. What about you? I've kind of given up on the personal statement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Both exams were harder than I would've liked. OCR like to play games. G481 was definitely worse than last year- that stupid single definition... I wanted to throw my paper in the bin. I was counting down the days to when I could finally drop it (my teacher was horrendous too). I have 4 choices at the moment: Imperial, Durham, UCL and Southampton. Don't know about the 5th choice yet- my school might force me to apply to Cambridge for NatSci but I don't stand a chance so I'd rather not. What about you? I've kind of given up on the personal statement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! I was totally the same! I hated my time in that physics room! Only thing that was good was the classmates. And imperial, durham, warwick and sheffield :smile: And either oxford or bristol for 5th choice. Are you not considering oxford? Your application sounds amazing :smile:
Yes! I was totally the same! I hated my time in that physics room! Only thing that was good was the classmates. And imperial, durham, warwick and sheffield :smile: And either oxford or bristol for 5th choice. Are you not considering oxford? Your application sounds amazing :smile:

Thanks (not even close to yours though!) :smile: I do like Oxford, but for me it would truly be a waste of an option with my GCSEs. I was considering Warwick/Sheffield as a 5th option (unless I'm forced to apply to Oxbridge). Assuming you get all your offers what would your first choice be at the moment?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks (not even close to yours though!) :smile: I do like Oxford, but for me it would truly be a waste of an option with my GCSEs. I was considering Warwick/Sheffield as a 5th option (unless I'm forced to apply to Oxbridge). Assuming you get all your offers what would your first choice be at the moment?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your GCSEs are great! With those AS grades as well.. you'll get an interview for sure! And if I apply to Oxford as well, it'd be Imperial vs Oxford. Love both unis but I do like the fact that I could switch between Bsc and MSci with Imperial and plus Oxford is A*A*A now... Really high offer. Wbu?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending