The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Applicants 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BillieWooden
Good luck for the 25th. Applied to Queens, you? Although my school told me that usually only people with UMS over 95% at AS get an offer and mine average at 90%, so not too hopeful. Hence the reason I'm closely following the Imperial thread. A levels, Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Computing - got A's in all 4 for AS and predicted A* for all 4 at A2. I'm trying to work out how Imperial are choosing who to interview, perhaps by course or maybe country of residence, or date applied, alphabetically? Or perhaps it is totally random...

Thank you! I applied to Magdalene, but I have heard Queens is one of the best for Computer Science. 90% is great actually I have heard of people with around 85% getting in and especially since you are doing Further Maths it will be an advantage. Also since you will likely get an interview there you can change their minds if they have applicants with higher UMS. I was thinking the same thing about Imperial and it's very likely to be in alphabetical order but I'm not sure. It could also be that they want to start with international applicants who might not want to fly there later if they have many other offers.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by JakeThomasLee
I thought that they waited for the MAT results to come in, or are they just that fast? :eek:

I think it really depends. For mathematics applicants, they have Steps as alternatives. So if they are going to take Steps, IC can make conditional offers based on Step papers, which saves the time needed to wait for and process MAT results . But it's just for Mathematics..other applicants like Physics..they only have PAT I guess..So they have no other choices.
But G5 nomally sends out offers slowly..So I think I was just lucky enough last yr to get an early offer..
and, yes, the rejection comes very late. I emailed them when they can make decision on my application as I didnt reach the conditions. They told me they would decide when all other applicants' results come out, which delayed my rejection to late August (horrible..
BTW. GOOD LUCK FOR ALL OF YOUR ADMISSION TESTS TOMORROW
Original post by Lost_reallylost
I'm applying for Biochemistry as well!! The entry requirements are AAA but everyone I've spoken to has said they got A*A*A . Lord knows I'm worried 😭

They've already achieved? Or predicted?

The typical offer is AAA so I don't see any reason why it should be more :erm:
Original post by enaayrah
The typical offer is AAA so I don't see any reason why it should be more :erm:

Imperial's "typical offers" are not to be trusted. Over in the Computing department I've never heard of anyone in recent years being given the minimum A*AA offer, it's always higher than that.
Original post by marioman
Imperial's "typical offers" are not to be trusted. Over in the Computing department I've never heard of anyone in recent years being given the minimum A*AA offer, it's always higher than that.

So much for second choice/potential insurance lol:

If it's A*AA for me then I guess I don't mind :redface:

I genuinely thought all my uni offers (except if I get one from Cambridge) will be AAA or below
So much for second choice/potential insurance lol:

If it's A*AA for me then I guess I don't mind :redface:

I genuinely thought all my uni offers (except if I get one from Cambridge) will be AAA or below

I don't think Imperial like being insured by Oxbridge offer-holders. Hence the higher offers...
Original post by marioman
I don't think Imperial like being insured by Oxbridge offer-holders. Hence the higher offers...

Probably lol

Have you got anything back from Imperial yet?
Probably lol

Have you got anything back from Imperial yet?

Not heard anything yet other than an acknowledgement the other week!
Reply 1988
Anyone had an offer for biological sciences yet?
Original post by Geek Girl
I went to a geology interveiw on Wednesday. There was a big range in what people were wearing, some people were in full on suits and a couple of people turned up in jeans. I think as long as you look smart and presentable you'll be fine :smile:

Awesome! Good luck with getting in btw :smile:
Original post by Joshthemathmo
I got an interview for Chemistry! :tongue:

Saaaaaaame!!!
I am applying for physics with theoretical physics. Anything else? I submitted my application on Oct.15.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by thecsstudent
25th of November. I applied for BEng (even though I should have probably chosen MEng). Which college in Cambridge? I am an EU student (so yes I sort of count as international). My other choices are UCL, Bath and Southampton but I have no offers yet. Did you do A levels? If so which subjects?

Hey :smile: Where are you from? I am an EU student as well and I've applied for Maths and CS at Oxford...
Original post by HughHuang96824
I am applying for physics with theoretical physics. Anything else? I submitted my application on Oct.15.

Yep, applied on the same date :smile: also, applied to mathematics with applied mathematics at imperial and mathematics at Oxford
Hi guys,
I have completed my UCAS application a while ago, and thankfully my teachers somehow managed to send the Admissions office my predicted grades ( i am an EU student from Germany :biggrin:)
So i applied for Chemical Engineering (H801) and also received the email of the acknowledgement of my application, so the question that arose in my mind was whether any of you guys already got an invitation to an interview and how long it took for them to invite you:smile:
It would be also really helpful if you could tell me your grades or whether there is anything different in the approach of assessing non-UK students time-wise.
I am expected to have a average Abitur mark(which is more or less equal to A-Levels) of 1,0 , and have A+/A* marks in 8/10 subjects, including English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics :biggrin:
Original post by RP7984
Hey :smile: Where are you from? I am an EU student as well and I've applied for Maths and CS at Oxford...

Greece how about you? :smile: Did you sit for the MAT then? I considered applying to Oxford too for CS but the MAT scared me!
Greece how about you? :smile: Did you sit for the MAT then? I considered applying to Oxford too for CS but the MAT scared me!

I'm from France :smile: Yes I did this morning :frown: it didn't go as well as I expected...
Original post by RP7984
I'm from France :smile: Yes I did this morning :frown: it didn't go as well as I expected...

Don't worry I don't think anyone does as well as they want in these tests so you could have done a lot better than you think :smile: People in my school sat it as well and I heard it was pretty difficult. Good luck though!
Don't worry I don't think anyone does as well as they want in these tests so you could have done a lot better than you think :smile: People in my school sat it as well and I heard it was pretty difficult. Good luck though!

Thank you :smile: I hope so! Good luck to you too :smile:
Original post by RP7984
Thank you :smile: I hope so! Good luck to you too :smile:

Thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending