London

Imperial College Applicants 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing cie board, I got these for my AS
Maths - 96
Chem - 92
Physics - 89
General Paper - 73
Do I stand a chance of getting into imperial with that b for gp? Thinking of applying for chemical engineering. I'll be taking further maths for A2. My predicted grades are A*A*A*A
(edited 8 years ago)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by iylianuraiman
I'm doing cie board, I got these for my AS
Maths - 96
Chem - 92
Physics - 89
General Paper - 73
Do I stand a chance of getting into imperial with that b for gp? Thinking of applying for chemical engineering. I'll be taking further maths for A2. My predicted grades are A*A*A*A

they didn't really care about GP so you are absolutely fine.
Does anybody know if you can transfer from MSci Chemistry to MSci Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry?
Original post by Heisenberg___
Does anybody know if you can transfer from MSci Chemistry to MSci Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry?

I think it should be easy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Notions
In 2014 I got abcc in physics, maths, chemistry, further maths AS-levels so I didn't apply to university at all cos they're bad grades ahaha.

In 2015 I got A*AA (b) in maths, physics, chemistry A-level (further maths AS-level) retaking core 1 and core 2 and chem AS.. :s-smilie:

in 2016 I'm self teaching further maths A2 and am aiming for A*

(I got good GCSEs in 2013).

My academic history is quite a story really:P I really don't know what Imperial CivEng will think about it apart from I emailed the admissions tutor and she was like 'yo apply'. If I get rejected I'll just go to Bath or Bristol (unless for some weird ass reason they reject me :P)

I'm gonna follow you, because as we're applying to the same course I feel we should talk ;D. Btw I went to a Bath open day recently and the CivEng course is pretty ****ing good (3rd in uk) because the department is joined with architecture (and appaz bath is no.1 for architecture) so don't disregard bath : )))))))))))

It is quite the epic tale your education :biggrin:. I really wish i had done further maths to at least AS, in fact i did ask my maths teacher could i do it this year who said i could but my timetable wasnt able to accomadate it; and i dont think i could self teach it either :/

Your definitely right about bath's course looking amazing and even warwicks general engineering course seems fantastic(even if it means sleeping through some mechanical engineering lectures for the first two years lol)
Original post by Mr.bob
It is quite the epic tale your education :biggrin:. I really wish i had done further maths to at least AS, in fact i did ask my maths teacher could i do it this year who said i could but my timetable wasnt able to accomadate it; and i dont think i could self teach it either :/

Your definitely right about bath's course looking amazing and even warwicks general engineering course seems fantastic(even if it means sleeping through some mechanical engineering lectures for the first two years lol)

Warwick's Engineering Department is weak compared to their other Departments from what I've heard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yl95
Warwick's Engineering Department is weak compared to their other Departments from what I've heard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i second this.
Reply 387
Original post by Hydeman
I think the general view is that while they appreciate that there are benefits to doing the EPQ, your grade in the EPQ cannot be used towards fulfilling any entry requirements.

So am I better of not doing it and just having my 3 A-levels and AS? It's just that I feel pressurised into doing something because I know people doing 4 A-levels and an EPQ and I feel like I'm being lazy and worthless tbh :frown:
Original post by n2697
So am I better of not doing it and just having my 3 A-levels and AS? It's just that I feel pressurised into doing something because I know people doing 4 A-levels and an EPQ and I feel like I'm being lazy and worthless tbh :frown:

If you don't want to do it, don't do it. You shouldn't always view things as a competition with other people. If you feel willing and able, go ahead and do it. But it's not going to get you much more than an approving nod from Imperial, I'm sorry to say. It's generally more important to have three really good A-levels than have four average ones (like me :frown:). Good luck. :smile:
Original post by lai812matthew
they didn't really care about GP so you are absolutely fine.

Do I have to declare my gp grade on ucas/copa if they don't really care about it? And thanks!
Do I have to declare my gp grade on ucas/copa if they don't really care about it? And thanks!

Yes. Congrats on those marks, CIE is a tough board (I did it too)
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
Yes. Congrats on those marks, CIE is a tough board (I did it too)

I was pretty bumped for physics 1 mark away from 90... Are you applying for imperial as well? If so what course and what are ur AS grades?
I was pretty bumped for physics 1 mark away from 90... Are you applying for imperial as well? If so what course and what are ur AS grades?

I applied for ChemEng last year and got an offer :smile:
My AS grades were AAAAB in maths, physics, chemistry, applied ICT and English. I was predicted A*A*A*A*A in maths, chemistry, physics, spanish and FM respectively at A2
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
I applied for ChemEng last year and got an offer :smile:
My AS grades were AAAAB in maths, physics, chemistry, applied ICT and English. I was predicted A*A*A*A*A in maths, chemistry, physics, spanish and FM respectively at A2

Nice 5 subjects! Congrats!! I'm sure u did well in A2. May I know what your conditional offer was?
Reply 394
Nice 5 subjects! Congrats!! I'm sure u did well in A2. May I know what your conditional offer was?

My friend got an offer of A*A*A*A for chem eng, which were exactly his predicted grades.
Ehhhh struggling so much with the personal statement

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lai812matthew
i second this.

Original post by yl95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didnt know this :s-smilie:. What makes you say this by the way?
Reply 397
Original post by yl95

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is very true. The contrast in reputation between the Engineering department vs the Maths or Econ departments is huge.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Buses
My friend got an offer of A*A*A*A for chem eng, which were exactly his predicted grades.

was he called for interview or just get a conditional offer?
Who is going to the Open Day tomorrow for Mechanical Engineering?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending