Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Applicants 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abbie_1511
Sorry to hear that:frown: your AS are amazing too!! :O
Perhaps they wanted the A*'s to be in maths and Chem?:/

You're right, you need A* in maths and they like A* for chemistry too

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/courses/chemical-engineering-department/chemical-engineering/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by vuvuzela
A*A*AA (Bio Phys Maths Chem)
A in AS FM resits

Posted from TSR Mobile

They definitely require an A* in maths.
Original post by Duke Glacia
They definitely require an A* in maths.

So it was my maths teacher, didn't think I was good enough to predict me A* for reasons unknown,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kamara7
Yay, another chemist! CHEMISTS UNITE!!! Are you applying for straight chemistry? I'm applying for Chemistry with Research Abroad and a Year in Industry.

I've applied for Chemistry too :biggrin: I've applied for Chemistry with medicinal chemistry and a year in industry (I've also applied for Medicine to Imperial) :smile: Have you heard anything from them yet?
Did anyone receive any offer or acknowledgement from Imperial?
Original post by HassanAftab
Did anyone receive any offer or acknowledgement from Imperial?

I don't think they're sending out acknowledgements at all. A few people did receive interviews for chem eng though.

Do you guys think they'll take longer to respond to international applicants? I hope not!

EDIT: A classmate of mine just got an interview for electrical and electronics eng, but he had sent in his UCAS way back in early september so I guess that's the reason they got back to him so early? He's top of the class though and likely to get Cambridge too so I'm not going to hold my breath
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 986
Original post by JamesLee98
Applying to aeronautics as well! Heard anything from imperial yet? No emails from imperial to confirm my application yet. Panicking.

Don't panic!! you probably did well! My school counselor's sending in the application this Monday. I decided to submit my application after Oct 15 as I'm not applying to Oxrbidge.
Which curriculum did you take?
Original post by ufamily
Don't panic!! you probably did well! My school counselor's sending in the application this Monday. I decided to submit my application after Oct 15 as I'm not applying to Oxrbidge.
Which curriculum did you take?

I do the A levels. Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry
Anyone Applying for Mechanical Engineering??
Hey, I had a similar situation with imperial. I emailed to ask for feedback and I was told that my A at a2 maths, which I was intending to retake anyway, doesn't meet requirementents.
Original post by f.loco
Does AABB for AS for A100 medicine mean I won't stand a chance at imperial?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're predicted AAA at A-Level at least, then you still do have a chance. Higher predictions will make you a stronger candidate though (according to one of their FOI requests).

The BMAT is what you need to concentrate on now. Lots and lots of people trip up on this - IIRC, they get over about 2200 applicants and of those, only about 900 will meet the BMAT cut off with 650ish of those being selected for interview. So make sure you concentrate on the BMAT for now.
I've received an acknowledgement email, my application went off on the 28th September and I got the email 1st October. I'm applying to the MPhys course
I got AAAB at AS and am predicted A*A*A at A2; I have a legitimate chance at civil eng, right? My classmate who's been invited for an interview for electrical eng told me that I was an idiot to apply with a B at AS so I'm a bit nervous now!! Haven't received an acknowledgement yet and no other offers either which just makes things worse.
Reply 993
Original post by theonetruequeen
I got AAAB at AS and am predicted A*A*A at A2; I have a legitimate chance at civil eng, right? My classmate who's been invited for an interview for electrical eng told me that I was an idiot to apply with a B at AS so I'm a bit nervous now!! Haven't received an acknowledgement yet and no other offers either which just makes things worse.

Yes you have a very good chance go getting in, the B grade will make very little difference, especially if it's in a subject that's not relevant to engineering

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got predicted 40/42... Do I have a chance for mechanical Engineering?
Original post by Padc
Yes you have a very good chance go getting in, the B grade will make very little difference, especially if it's in a subject that's not relevant to engineering

Actually the B is in chemistry, which I've carried forward to A2 and I'm quite confident of getting an A there since I missed the threshold in AS by 2 raw marks. The A is in english language.
Original post by Pascal E
This thread is for people who are applying to (or considering applying to) Imperial College this year
Discuss your application here and find other people applying for the same thing.

Hi all! BMAT is looming... :/

Courses: Medicine, Biochemistry
GCSE: 7A*3A
AS-level: AAAC (Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Further Maths respectively)
A-level: A* (Biology, achieved Y11), Chemistry (A*, predicted), Maths (A*, predicted), Physics (A, predicted)
Original post by vuvuzela
So it was my maths teacher, didn't think I was good enough to predict me A* for reasons unknown,

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm really sorry to hear this. Were you unaware of the requirements before you applied? The ChemEng page says that all applicants with A*AAA or A*A*AA predictions will be considered, but I guess those A*s had to come from maths and chemistry :frown: Hope you get your other offers! x
Original post by thatcooldude2.0
I've applied for Chemistry too :biggrin: I've applied for Chemistry with medicinal chemistry and a year in industry (I've also applied for Medicine to Imperial) :smile: Have you heard anything from them yet?

Yay! No emails as of yet from Imperial, but I'm hoping it's because I only applied on Tuesday :smile: What subjects do you do, I do chemistry, biology, maths and psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone applying for physics here? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending