The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Applicants 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

I've receieved an acknowledgement for medicine now.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 1381
Original post by victoria98
Wait you got an acknowledgement from Imperial?!

I'm applying for medicine and I got one as well :wink:
Original post by A*da*m
Hey, I also have an interview for Chem Eng on Wednesday!

What are you going to wear for it? Are you thinking a suit or more jeans and a shirt?

I just received a reply she said the dress code is smart casual.
Original post by Azula

Me too!! :five:
Applied for CivEng on the 13th, please just send me something! :/ :/
I'd just did my telephone interview, which was actually supposed to be Skype, for BSc Geology yesterday. I hope I've done ok. ^^" Hopefully I can get an offer soon! -fingers crossed- Anyone else have done/ going to have their interviews for geology/geophysics? And good luck to everyone that is going to have their interview soon and those who are waiting for their interview invites! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
I've applied for chemistry on 12th October. Nothing yet but the admissions tutor sent an email on Tuesday asking for some extra information so they must be considering me I guess .. im predicted a*a*a so hopefully I'll be invited for an interview.
Original post by lawlieto
I've applied for chemistry on 12th October. Nothing yet but the admissions tutor sent an email on Tuesday asking for some extra information so they must be considering me I guess .. im predicted a*a*a so hopefully I'll be invited for an interview.

What extra information did they ask for (if you don't mind me asking)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by victoria98
What extra information did they ask for (if you don't mind me asking)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If my English igcse is first or second language. I think they only accept it as a first language.
Original post by Azula

Me too :smile:
Original post by lawlieto
If my English igcse is first or second language. I think they only accept it as a first language.

Ah I see... I did igcse as well... So now I'm going to worry that they don't want me because they haven't asked.. Haha...

EDIT: now that I think about it my school made me put it in as a GCSE with CIE so maybe that's why
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1391
Have any computer science applicants heard anything yet?
Reply 1392
I'm applying for chemical engineering. I'm really anxiously hoping for an interview invite. Who else has heard back from the chemical engineering department?
Original post by Aket95
I'm applying for chemical engineering. I'm really anxiously hoping for an interview invite. Who else has heard back from the chemical engineering department?

I have an interview next Wednesday and I know some others do.
When did you send off your UCAS?
Original post by Thediplomat56
I just received a reply she said the dress code is smart casual.

Thanks for this! What do you consider to be smart casual? Is that jeans and a formal shirt or a suit but no tie? :s-smilie:

Also, when I got the invite to the interview they said to reply saying whether you could make it or not, so i replied saying I can, but didn't get another response/confirmation from them. Was this the same with you? :smile:
i wanna know tht too :redface:
Original post by NT226
Have any computer science applicants heard anything yet?

i wanna know tht too… btw r u an international applicant or u from UK ⊙▽⊙
Reply 1397
Original post by Thediplomat56
I have an interview next Wednesday and I know some others do.
When did you send off your UCAS?

Congratulations and good luck! Imperial is soooo awesome and so is the subject we've applied for. I sent my application off on 12th October. When did you send yours off and how are your grades looking, if you don't mind me asking? I have a Manchester interview on that day. (Or am I not allowed to say that on this thread....) I got 13A*s at GCSEs, 6As at AS and predicted 4A*s at A2 and I'm praying for quick responses. Did you get your interview invite by email or via Track?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by A*da*m
Thanks for this! What do you consider to be smart casual? Is that jeans and a formal shirt or a suit but no tie? :s-smilie:

Also, when I got the invite to the interview they said to reply saying whether you could make it or not, so i replied saying I can, but didn't get another response/confirmation from them. Was this the same with you? :smile:

I'm going to wear a knitted long sleeve jumper, skinny jeans, some smart shoes and a pea coat with a scarf, I'd say a suit is more on the smart side but a shirt without a tie should suffice.

I don't think imperial do confirmation at all :s-smilie:.
I'm in the same boat I confirmed and no reply but when I messaged to ask about the dress code I had an immediate reply (9 this morning).
Original post by Aket95
Congratulations and good luck! Imperial is soooo awesome and so is the subject we've applied for. I sent my application off on 12th October. When did you send yours off and how are your grades looking, if you don't mind me asking? I have a Manchester interview on that day. (Or am I not allowed to say that on this thread....) I got 13A*s at GCSEs, 6As at AS and predicted 4A*s at A2 and I'm praying for quick responses. Did you get your interview invite by email or via Track?

My GCSEs are chronically subpar for applying to imperial from what I've seen 3As and 3 Bs

My AS: AAAA ( maths physics chemistry and economics)

My A2 predicted A*A*AAA (maths and chem A* with same as above with further maths AS)
These also look subpar, I feel I am the only Chemical engineering applicant without 4 A*s on this page

I sent mine off on the 9th ish of sept, because my schools deadline for Oxbridge applicants was the 2nd. 😭

I had my Manchester interview yesterday! They said they won't be giving out offers until Christmas

I got my Manchester interview via track and imperial via email.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending