The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Applicants 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student403
Thanks for making me feel better :biggrin: Best of luck to you too!

I'll need that soon for my chem interview haha :afraid:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
...wut. i thought imperial does not send acknowledgement email and yet i got one. :K:
Hello everybody(I have a lot of questions..brace yourselves)
I'm applying for medicine and I have already gotten an acknowledgement from imperial about my application, the email was basically about the BMAT and they said that the interviews won't be starting for a while(January I believe), do they wait for the results of the BMAT to come in before they decide who gets an interview for medicine?
Have any medicine applicants gotten multiple acknowledgements?
Also how can you apply for grants and on site accommodation?

Thanks in Advance
Original post by r1fad
I am predicted at 99 in Math, 98 in CompSci and 95 in physics.

Firstly, I don't know what that means, because I'm not familiar with your grading system.

Secondly, you realise most applicants to Computing at Imperial will have all A* predictions, which is the highest you can get. Including Further Maths almost always. Predictions are always over inflated, they don't really mean anything :P
They say they aim to get offers/ rejections out 2-3 weeks after Interviews... Hopefully I get an answer within that 3 weeks so I can see if I need to even bother attending the Manchester Interview xD
Original post by ComputerMaths97
They say they aim to get offers/ rejections out 2-3 weeks after Interviews... Hopefully I get an answer within that 3 weeks so I can see if I need to even bother attending the Manchester Interview xD

I assume you've had your Computing interview? How did it go? :biggrin:
Reply 1786
Firstly, I don't know what that means, because I'm not familiar with your grading system.

Secondly, you realise most applicants to Computing at Imperial will have all A* predictions, which is the highest you can get. Including Further Maths almost always. Predictions are always over inflated, they don't really mean anything :P

Well then i guess my chances are kinda low :P
Original post by edothero
I assume you've had your Computing interview? How did it go? :biggrin:

Not quite, it's in two weeks from yesterday :P Just need the response as quick as possible, because If I get an offer I don't have to spend 8 hours getting to Manchester for 11 am, since I'd have 2 better offers already :P

I'll be sure to give a really detailed walkthrough of my interview as soon as I jump on TSR that evening though :P

There's nothing wrong with being confident. You've had your interview - don't be mean to people who are yet to receive theirs.
Original post by r1fad
Well then i guess my chances are kinda low :P

Just like the rest of us :P
Not quite, it's in two weeks from yesterday :P Just need the response as quick as possible, because If I get an offer I don't have to spend 8 hours getting to Manchester for 11 am, since I'd have 2 better offers already :P

I'll be sure to give a really detailed walkthrough of my interview as soon as I jump on TSR that evening though :P

Haha I see, good luck nevertheless!
Hope I get an interview too :colonhash:
Haha I see, good luck nevertheless!
Hope I get an interview too :colonhash:

Ah thanks man, best of luck to you too :smile:
What you applying for?
Ah thanks man, best of luck to you too :smile:
What you applying for?

G400 Computing :biggrin:
Already have offers from Kings and QMUL. Waiting for Imperial and UCL.
Kings will be my insurance (given I get an offer from either UCL or Imperial lmao)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by IrishBudge
Hello everybody(I have a lot of questions..brace yourselves)
I'm applying for medicine and I have already gotten an acknowledgement from imperial about my application, the email was basically about the BMAT and they said that the interviews won't be starting for a while(January I believe), do they wait for the results of the BMAT to come in before they decide who gets an interview for medicine?
Have any medicine applicants gotten multiple acknowledgements?
Also how can you apply for grants and on site accommodation?

Thanks in Advance

Hi, I'm not sure about your last question but Imperial uses BMAT scores (quite heavily apparently, they have cut off scores) when deciding who to interview, so yeah they wait for the BMAT results to come in before sending out interviews. I've only got one acknowledgement email from them about a week ago.
How's BMAT revision going??
G400 Computing :biggrin:
Already have offers from Kings and QMUL. Waiting for Imperial and UCL.
Kings will be my insurance (given I get an offer from either UCL or Imperial lmao)

Nice! If you get an interview from Imperial, for Computing you then statistically have an 80% of an offer! Which is crazy, but also makes you realise that if you get rejected before interview, you may of still been close to an offer! Weird.

I only have 1 offer (Warwick) and it's annoying me because I have a Manchester interview in about a month, and it will take 8 hours to get there xD
Reply 1795
Original post by Messier31
When did you apply and how did it go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied October 1st round about. The interview was pretty relaxed, worked through some maths problems and some logic problems, nothing too bad. The interview told me after that their offers were mostly based upon AS results, so interviews don't matter too much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arcticbella
Hi, I'm not sure about your last question but Imperial uses BMAT scores (quite heavily apparently, they have cut off scores) when deciding who to interview, so yeah they wait for the BMAT results to come in before sending out interviews. I've only got one acknowledgement email from them about a week ago.
How's BMAT revision going??

Hey Articbella
The BMAT revision is going great Section 1 is my strength and Section 3 is ok, I just need to start practising more. Preparing for Section 2 has been really difficult because the curriculum is very different in Ireland.....Feeling very optimistic though.
Do imperial wait until December to send out offers for interviews then?
Original post by Padc
I applied October 1st round about. The interview was pretty relaxed, worked through some maths problems and some logic problems, nothing too bad. The interview told me after that their offers were mostly based upon AS results, so interviews don't matter too much

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice to hear it went well :smile:. They usually give offers to 80+% of interviewees from what I've heard so yeah the interviews cant be that important
Original post by Padc

Congrats on your interview mate!
Mostly based off of AS Results...Really? Do you reckon this is the same for all courses? What sort of grades did you get, seeing as you're in a good position at the moment!

Original post by Messier31
Nice to hear it went well :smile:. They usually give offers to 80+% of interviewees from what I've heard so yeah the interviews cant be that important

Is that actually true? I see 80% a lot, but seems absurd... What sort of grades do you think an applicant needs in order for their interview to not need to be great? 4 A's? Or a few High A's plus another subject?
Reply 1799
Congrats on your interview mate!
Mostly based off of AS Results...Really? Do you reckon this is the same for all courses? What sort of grades did you get, seeing as you're in a good position at the moment!

Is that actually true? I see 80% a lot, but seems absurd... What sort of grades do you think an applicant needs in order for their interview to not need to be great? 4 A's? Or a few High A's plus another subject?

I think he just said results actually, so maybe that includes A level prediction as well. I reckon this is probably the same for most courses, especially for the more sciencey subjects :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending