The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

What should I expect living here? (International Student)

Hi!

I'm planning on studying in King's College as one of my choices in pursuing an undergrad degree in Management; however, I've never been to UK.

Just a little background information, I am from the bustling city of Indonesia - Jakarta. It is a rather fast-paced area with our main transportation being cars. (think Dubai) We have dozens of malls surrounding our city and our usual activities revolves around the cities and sophisticated restaurants. There are tons of nightlife around but I'm not too fond of that haha. To explore some nature, we have to take a 3-hour car ride out of town so you can say that we didn't really grow up immersed in greenery.

I've noticed most of the posters here are people who live in UK or have been there at least once, so..

What should I expect when I move to London?
What is your main transportation?
Any pointers I should keep note of?
If you live a conservative lifestyle,you could probably expect a "CULTURE SHOCK",but it is a good city nonetheless,great malls,the standard of living is high,living spaces are larger than most countries and the there are a wide range of food options for people of different countries
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by missetudex
Hi!

I'm planning on studying in King's College as one of my choices in pursuing an undergrad degree in Management; however, I've never been to UK.

Just a little background information, I am from the bustling city of Indonesia - Jakarta. It is a rather fast-paced area with our main transportation being cars. (think Dubai) We have dozens of malls surrounding our city and our usual activities revolves around the cities and sophisticated restaurants. There are tons of nightlife around but I'm not too fond of that haha. To explore some nature, we have to take a 3-hour car ride out of town so you can say that we didn't really grow up immersed in greenery.

I've noticed most of the posters here are people who live in UK or have been there at least once, so..

What should I expect when I move to London?
What is your main transportation?
Any pointers I should keep note of?

Get used to public transport real quick; apart from that you'll probably be well funded enough to live a fairly good life in London

Quick Reply

Latest