The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Papi El Jalanito
my new account

anyways what are you talkin about? is this competition for you? lol pathetic

im js latinos copied jamaicans

simple

why bring in africans? are you upset that latinos arent original with this? tryna make a comeback hahaha man be humble its not serious like that...its funny you take somethin like this to heart when whatever the answer is it wont make a difference to ur life hahahaa

My question to you is: where did the Jamaicans get twerking from?

And I'm absolutely fine, thanks. I'm just intrigued as to why you cannot fully understand basic logic. I get that you're lacking in the English department, but it's not hard to understand what I'm saying.

Also, Latin American culture isn't going to be very original, it's a blend of cultures, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
It should be a part of every culture.

Although when a thick latina/white girl does it
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Iggy Azalea
My question to you is: where did the Jamaicans get twerking from?

And I'm absolutely fine, thanks. I'm just intrigued as to why you cannot fully understand basic logic. I get that you're lacking in the English department, but it's not hard to understand what I'm saying.

Also, Latin American culture isn't going to be very original, it's a blend of cultures, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

i got you to admit it thats the main thing....you just seem upset

now you need to hop outta this fantasy u aint iggy....quit posin as iggy lmao and you claim to be latina

well...we definitely know you aint latina

you need to stay in ur mental asylum or whatever zoo you come from...cuz showin us ur idiocy is just pointless
i got you to admit it thats the main thing....you just seem upset

now you need to hop outta this fantasy u aint iggy....quit posin as iggy lmao and you claim to be latina

well...we definitely know you aint latina

you need to stay in ur mental asylum or whatever zoo you come from...cuz showin us ur idiocy is just pointless

This is a perfect example of Psychological Projection.

Spoiler

This is a perfect example of Psychological Projection.

Spoiler

lmfaoooo paloma....anyways.can you prove i aint tho?

hahaha na but we can prove damn well u aint iggy...so quit fakin it...farandulera

where were you born

where did u grew up

whats ur last name

if u think ur a real one...tell me...cuz right now it is

UK

UK

Smith

lmfaoooooooooooo

oh yea dont embarrass youself by speakin that funky google translator spanish...hahahha
lmfaoooo paloma....anyways.can you prove i aint tho?

hahaha na but we can prove damn well u aint iggy...so quit fakin it...farandulera

where were you born

where did u grew up

whats ur last name

if u think ur a real one...tell me...cuz right now it is

UK

UK

Smith

lmfaoooooooooooo

oh yea dont embarrass youself by speakin that funky google translator spanish...hahahha

Tut tut, ¿qué diría tu madre si viera tus mensajes?

Keep working on your English, and then we can talk. ¿Entiendes?
Tut tut, ¿qué diría tu madre si viera tus mensajes?

Keep working on your English, and then we can talk. ¿Entiendes?

exactlyyyyyyyyyyy you aint latina

that translator spanish me da risa tho

didnt u claim u were dominican tho

dominicans cant even speak spanish properly no wonder you use a translator lmfaooo

lmao yall platanitas need to get out of pr...dominicans arent wanted here...ur island is full of corruption and you wanna spread ur misery over here? no wonder yall get bullied

paloma ustede son mandulete...aint even got a functional safe island to live on...yall move out to nyc to push drugs...smh...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 87
What's Black culture? Millions of black people world wide with differing cultures.

I sure as hell do not want to claim twerking as something of my own, it's an African American thing.
exactlyyyyyyyyyyy you aint latina

that translator spanish me da risa tho

didnt u claim u were dominican tho

dominicans cant even speak spanish properly no wonder you use a translator lmfaooo

lmao yall platanitas need to get out of pr...dominicans arent wanted here...ur island is full of corruption and you wanna spread ur misery over here? no wonder yall get bullied

paloma ustede son mandulete...aint even got a functional safe island to live on...yall move out to nyc to push drugs...smh...

Obviamente no has aprendido hablar correctamente en tu lengua materna. 'tho'.

A propósito, soy mexicana/española. Made a fool of yourself there.
Original post by guineafowl
cultural appropriation

asi hablamo en el caribe....anyways...frijolera...ustede tan jodiendo de estado unido ajaja mexico tiene problema droga jajajaa nothin but corruption and all yall do is gangbang and kill each other in the states and mexico..nothin but cartels spreadin cocaine everywhere...ustede son mandulete como dominicano ajajajaaa

thats even worse anyways...la mayoria d zorra mexicana parecen como nevera jajaa ella son bien corta y gorda jaaaa..no son como la boricuas jajajaa nunca

pero oye frijolera cuando vas a cortar mi hierba ??

lmfaooo just log out

You're doing a terribly bad job at trying to aggravate me here, you've even resorted to insulting my heritage.

I doubt you're even Hispanic by the looks of it, or at least an educated one. Your Spanish is exceptionally poor for a start.
You're doing a terribly bad job at trying to aggravate me here, you've even resorted to insulting my heritage.

I doubt you're even Hispanic by the looks of it, or at least an educated one. Your Spanish is exceptionally poor for a start.

frijolera jajaja u sound emotional

you were scared to answer my questions...you are british...you cant even prove you are latina hahahaha

real mexicans dont call themselves latina. they stick to their aztec stuff. u are so fake its unbelievable. no wonder u are scared to tell me about yourself. u are not latina nor mexican. paloma

but im done playin with a fake latina...i got you to admit latinos copied caribbeans and you got emotional by dissin me...now look lmao you should be on my cesped right now no breaks! hahahaha dont write me again cuz i wont reply...cuz i wont read frijolera y si tu quiere problema puedo enviarte mi numero toy aqui en LA pero me voy pa londre pronto...si no tiene miedo,,frijolera

mama guevo mama ñemaso
(edited 8 years ago)
frijolera jajaja u sound emotional

you were scared to answer my questions...you are british...you cant even prove you are latina hahahaha

real mexicans dont call themselves latina. they stick to their aztec stuff. u are so fake its unbelievable. no wonder u are scared to tell me about yourself. u are not latina nor mexican. paloma

but im done playin with a fake latina...i got you to admit latinos copied caribbeans and you got emotional by dissin me...now look lmao you should be on my cesped right now no breaks! hahahaha dont write me again cuz i wont reply...cuz i wont read frijolera y si tu quiere problema puedo enviarte mi numero toy aqui en LA pero me voy pa londre pronto...si no tiene miedo,,frijolera

mama guevo mama ñemaso

Actually, I never said that 'latinos' copied 'caribbeans', and I haven't got emotional. You're trying to make me feel emotional, but I don't know... it doesn't seem to be working there. I can pick up trollish vibes from you, hence your bad language and random insults, but for the benefit of the doubt, let's carry on.

Back on topic, Twerking, as seen in US media, is a mix of African and Hispanic culture. The original dance came from Western Africa, but it could also be seen in other older cultures.

So basically, twerking in its very original form is African (and perhaps Caribbean), but it has evolved to include actions such as grinding as seen in Latin American culture, which is partly how it reached the US audience.
Actually, I never said that 'latinos' copied 'caribbeans', and I haven't got emotional. You're trying to make me feel emotional, but I don't know... it doesn't seem to be working there. I can pick up trollish vibes from you, hence your bad language and random insults, but for the benefit of the doubt, let's carry on.

Back on topic, Twerking, as seen in US media, is a mix of African and Hispanic culture. The original dance came from Western Africa, but it could also be seen in other older cultures.

So basically, twerking in its very original form is African (and perhaps Caribbean), but it has evolved to include actions such as grinding as seen in Latin American culture, which is partly how it reached the US audience.

people already cleared up the twerkin thing...no need for ignorance nobody asked you

i feel bad for you so im gonna give you one more lil frijolera

fake mexican...never heard of a mexican callin themself latina i traveled around the US....and what real mexican girl pretends to be iggy ? lmfao

deja d vender cocaina y matando la gente en USA

cuanto mexicano mueren por la mano d otro mexicano por dia ?

jajaja tonto mexicano son nada ma mandulete

10 persona vivendo en solo un cuarto jajaja

tu no ere iggy deje d esa baina jajaja

tu familia mexicana son vendedore d cocaina o jardinera? jajaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
people already cleared up the twerkin thing...no need for ignorance nobody asked you

fake mexican...never heard of a mexican callin themself latina i traveled around the US....and what real mexican girl pretends to be iggy ? lmfao

So you agree, I was right in the first place?
So you agree, I was right in the first place?

i and others already educated you...no need to revive this again you agreed with me when you said Precisely lol

my lawn is lookin a lil too big

deal with that or you are fired without pay
Reply 96
Original post by TheTrueLondoner
1) Yes it is a part of black culture and 2) And no but yes to a certain extent). No because anyone can "twerk" but yes because black people (more sprcificiay African Americans) have been twerking for decades but as soon as a white celebrity does it, it suddenly becomes really famous and part of everyday vocabulary. THAT is cultural appropriation. The appropriation of black culture (and vertically every other culture) by white (western) people is nothing new though and is way more serious than "twerking" lol
Hope I helped :smile:

NOT TRUE! It is nothing to do with black culture. You really need to educate yourself if you see twerking as black culture! What about the pyramids in Egypt with all of the Kings and Queens or the different movements etc. Please understand something before trying to teach others.
I'm not trying to be rude,but find this very offensive.
i and others already educated you...no need to revive this again you agreed with me when you said Precisely lol

my lawn is lookin a lil too big

deal with that or you are fired without pay

I see, so you do agree with me then?

wtff? oo :wavey: does bold mean 10 Mexican lives in one room? :holmes:

thats it...you are fired...il just get another frijolera to do it

frijolera? does that mean bean girl? lol

anyway this is random. :colonhash: I've never seen Hispanics on here wow.
Original post by Man.bear.pig
wtff? oo :wavey: does bold mean 10 Mexican lives in one room? :holmes:

frijolera? does that mean bean girl? lol

anyway this is random. :colonhash: I've never seen Hispanics on here wow.

this biggronn my new account

anyways yea and yea

im the only real one...the rest are just british with hispanic parents or this frijolera here who claims half spanish and mexican...that aint no latina..mexico is not even latin america and mexicans love their aztec stuff they never claim latina....and spain is europe hahaha she can keep dreamin

Latest

Trending

Trending