The Student Room Group

EPQ title ideas

So I recently decided to do EPQ this year as I feel as though it will benefit me largely when it comes to applying for uni.
I want to base my essay title on Literature as this is what I'm most interested in, within this I am considering studying English and American Literature at University, I was thinking on possibly basing the title on something to do with this specific area.
Unfortunately I am out of ideas and have no idea what my essay title could be! It needs to be specific, possibly a comparison? I have no clue! Any help would be much appreciated :smile:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

I'll be studying English and Ameican Literature at uni from September if you have any questions in the future :biggrin: have you thought about where you want to apply?

As for the EPQ, I was going to do it a couple of years ago but backed out. Mine was going to be on the evolution of women in literature and the presence of female authors in the 20th century. I remember I was going to produce an essay looking at books such as Mrs Dalloway, Pride and Prejudice and Harry Potter as they all have strong female characters/were written by influential female writers. I'm not sure how to form it into a title, but... 'How has the presence of women in literature developed in the last (however many) years?' maybe .... or as a statement 'Women in fiction have become more/less (you decide) important in literary texts as time has gone on'

If you want to focus on American Literature, you could possibly look at the presence of adolescence in modern novels such as John Green's Looking for Alaska or Paper Towns, or maybe even The Hunger Games and Perks of Being a Wallflower and compare them with classics such as Catcher in the Rye, Huckleberry Finn and Lord of the Flies etc and compare how literature has changed... Or stayed the same... Or simply reused ideas from previous novels and reinvented them for contemporary readers! You could then go on to talk about the impact and popularity of the film industry and how many modern, American adolescent novels are becoming films and the classics are being fased out (arguably) :smile: so title wise, 'How has the portrayal of adolescence changed in American Literature (or just literature in general) in recent years?' or as a statement 'The portrayal of adolescence in modern literature is more/less accurate than that of classic novels'

Hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending