The Student Room Group

Is there any point of picking philosophy and ethics and history?

I want to pick the following for my Alevels:
Biology
Economics
Philosophy & ethics
Maybe history if it's not to closely related to philosophy and ethics
Are these subjects strong enough to be able to be accepted in a Russell group university?
Yep sounds good if you're interested in a liberal Arts degree eg international relations and history

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Manny_khalae
Yep sounds good if you're interested in a liberal Arts degree eg international relations and history

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! But I don't know what to do in my future proffesiomndo you think I've picked a wide range? That may open a few career doors?
Reply 3
I do both History and Philosophy with English Literature and Psychology and to be honest they are not really a like at all, but they do compliment eachother in terms with the essay and evaluation skills you have to use.

And those subjects are fine for a Russell group, just check what subjects you need for the courses you are interested in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by oswalds
I do both History and Philosophy with English Literature and Psychology and to be honest they are not really a like at all, but they do compliment eachother in terms with the essay and evaluation skills you have to use.

And those subjects are fine for a Russell group, just check what subjects you need for the courses you are interested in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! You have answered my question :smile:))
Reply 5
Original post by Real_jenn
Biology
Economics
Philosophy & ethics
Are these subjects strong enough to be able to be accepted in a Russell group university?

Depends on your choice of degree/uni. If it's economics you may need Maths (and ideally also FM) for the top courses.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Real_jenn
Biology
Economics
Philosophy & ethics

Philos is great and interesting and thought provoking. Biol and history are both facilitating subjects so highly regarded by both employers and unis. History is changing this yr like biol due to reforms so will be on new specs. It will go ok with philos. Its a good mix of subjects esp for R group. What do you want to do in uni?
Reply 7
xxx
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest