The Student Room Group

British Airways aircraft maintenance apprenticeship. Any other successful applicants?

Scroll to see replies

Anyone heard anything yet?
Original post by Rosejaane
@Balvin24
I thought that too
@tomkins4017 not yet, we will hear probs end of this week :smile:
Thank you 😀
@tomkins4017 not yet, we will hear probs end of this week :smile:
Called them Up today , they said no one has heard , everyone will hear same time either end of this week or half way through next . Last assessment was 24th so now decision time .
Everyone should be finding out today
I didn’t get the apprenticeship 😭
What about the rest of you?
I got in @tomkins4017
Well done, good luck
I got in @tomkins4017
Hi there, was anyone on here successful in getting the apprenticeship as I'll be starting there this September?
@Yatesy90 ya me!
Did they mention anything about an induction day at your assessment centre as I seem to think they did but not had any more info yet barring the forms they wanted returning. That could just be me being impatient to hear back though!
Reply 30
Hi do BA pay for accommodation during apprenticeships. Where is it that we will be located
Original post by Safsidi
Hi do BA pay for accommodation during apprenticeships. Where is it that we will be located

If you’re on the maintenance apprenticeship they pay for accommodation while at the training centre in the Cotswolds, about 10 minutes outside Cirencester. However while at Heathrow you need to sort out your own accommodation and pay for it.
Reply 32
Original post by Yatesy90
If you’re on the maintenance apprenticeship they pay for accommodation while at the training centre in the Cotswolds, about 10 minutes outside Cirencester. However while at Heathrow you need to sort out your own accommodation and pay for it.

Thanks for your reply yes that's what I wanted to know. I live about 40 mins from heathrow so could drive up daily. Are you working with them at the moment? I'm hoping to apply in February 2020 applications I'm currently last year of Alevels
I started in September so I'm in the Cotswolds at the moment doing the exams and the classroom side of the apprenticeship. It's good, but hard work in terms of all the revision that needs to be done.
Reply 34
I started in September so I'm in the Cotswolds at the moment doing the exams and the classroom side of the apprenticeship. It's good, but hard work in terms of all the revision that needs to be done.

O ok good luck mate. Thanks for all your help really appreciate it
Reply 35
Do you get time off to visit family etc. Is it shared accommodation?
Original post by Safsidi
O ok good luck mate. Thanks for all your help really appreciate it

Not a problem. It's a good apprenticeship so far and BA seem to really be growing the engineering apprenticeship so it's definitely worth putting in an application and hope it works out.
Original post by Safsidi
Do you get time off to visit family etc. Is it shared accommodation?

The accomodation is shared. We're in holiday cottages with generally 3 people to each one. You get your own room and share a kitchen, bathrooms and living room.

Your evenings and weekends are your own while at the accomodation so it is up to you. Evenings generally will be spent revising especially once you get onto some of the bigger exams and it is a bit in the middle of nowhere.

Some people go and play five a side or go to the gym in the evenings. Weekends it really varies, some people stick around the accomodation some people go away for weekends. It partially will depend on how well you get on with the other apprentices and what people end up doing together
Reply 38
Thanks again all the best with your future buddy
Reply 39

Hi when do they post the apprenticeships program says open February 2020 but theres no application forms?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending