The Student Room Group

Stress and Pressure

I'm in year 10 and I've just finished my mocks but I'm so worried about the results and it's making me feel awful. At school I'm generally an A/A* student in all subjects and because I go to a crappy school I have all this pressure on me to do well because no one else is. All the time my teachers are breathing down my necks to do well, they won't accept an A*- they want 100/100 because "I can do better..." I didn't get an A in my science coursework and it made me feel like crap because for me thats failing. I hate feeling like I'm letting people down and I hate feeling so pressured and its making me depressed. My science teacher even told me she was disappointed in me but still refused to tell me my result and I felt like crying! How do I stop feeling so pressured, I try and laugh it off but inside it's killing me. I hate feeling so miserable...
The only thing you can do is try your best.
I can empathise a lot here, only for me at GCSE I think most of the pressure came from me thinking I had to do amazing because that was what people expected. It took a while, and I'm still not convinced I'm doing this, but you've gotta just do the work for yourself. It doesn't matter what everyone else thinks, at the end of the day it doesn't make much difference if you just scrape A* or get 100%. They are your results, you've worked for them, so do it for yourself!

Edit: have you told your teachers how you feel? Once I'd told my Biology teacher how pressured I felt, she was so supportive and it made things easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Thank you :smile: I will try telling her how I feel once I get my results back to try and show her how I did 14 exams in the space of a week and that when she expects so much from me it stresses me out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending