The Student Room Group

Best university for midwifery

I want to study midwifery at uni and I'm in year 12 now therefore I need to start getting things sorted and just wanted to know others opinions for guidance?
Thanks😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Geestevenson
I want to study midwifery at uni and I'm in year 12 now therefore I need to start getting things sorted and just wanted to know others opinions for guidance?
Thanks😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

i m doing nursing but presume similar principles apply:
get yourself plenty of work experience with women in any setting possible.
Start your personal statement as early as possible.
As for best university for midwifery, they all have to meet certain nmc guidelines as courses so apart from the course organisation itself there wont be major difference between universities so just go to some open days and see which universities you are happier with.
Sorry when you say you re year 12 do you mean you ll be apply for uni from september onwards on do you mean that you are about to go into year 12 in september?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
i m doing nursing but presume similar principles apply:
get yourself plenty of work experience with women in any setting possible.
Start your personal statement as early as possible.
As for best university for midwifery, they all have to meet certain nmc guidelines as courses so apart from the course organisation itself there wont be major difference between universities so just go to some open days and see which universities you are happier with.
Sorry when you say you re year 12 do you mean you ll be apply for uni from september onwards on do you mean that you are about to go into year 12 in september?

Yeah I've got work experience at the end of this month in the maternity unit at Nottingham hospital and I'm doing my personal statement now also. I'm in year 12 now so I will be applying for uni's in September!
Thank you for the help!!😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Geestevenson
Yeah I've got work experience at the end of this month in the maternity unit at Nottingham hospital and I'm doing my personal statement now also. I'm in year 12 now so I will be applying for uni's in September!
Thank you for the help!!😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

make sure you write plenty about the skills you get from that work experience and what you learnt about the role of a midwife from it in your personal statement:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
make sure you write plenty about the skills you get from that work experience and what you learnt about the role of a midwife from it in your personal statement:smile:

Thank you, you've been really helpful!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending