The Student Room Group

keele's conditional offer

hey all just a quick ques.
I have received a conditional offer from keele for nursing. I have got everything that i need to go in,the problem is just english.
is there a possibility to get through and then retake it while I'm at uni.
Thanks in advance. really need help guys. I don't want to miss this opportunity.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by missmini
hey all just a quick ques.
I have received a conditional offer from keele for nursing. I have got everything that i need to go in,the problem is just english.
As english is not my first language, I have to do ielts and have to get 7 bands in each and over all.
I have just done ielts and couldn't get it.
I really want to go to keele. its my firm choice. All i want to know if there is any facility to do level 2 english or any english course during my course at uni.
Or is there a possibility to get through with these bands and then retake it while I'm at uni.
Thanks in advance. really need help guys. I don't want to miss this opportunity.

Your offer is unlikely in the extreme to be confirmed unless you meet the English requirement (though you could always ask them if you came close enough to be accepted anyway). They certainly won't allow you to try and meet it after you have started the course.
Reply 2
Original post by Good bloke
Your offer is unlikely in the extreme to be confirmed unless you meet the English requirement (though you could always ask them if you came close enough to be accepted anyway). They certainly won't allow you to try and meet it after you have started the course.

thanks for replying. I can try to get that during my course but i really want to get in. I have come to know by one of my friend that birmingham city does that so i was wondering if keele does that as well. It's only english you see. I am so much in stress about this. :frown:
Reply 3
I note from perusing Keele's University Nursing webpage, that they accept 'Adult Numeracy Certificate/Key Skills/Functional Skills Level 2'. Get in contact with your local Learndirect centre, they can enrol you on the Level 2 Functional Skills English course. You can pass this in 4-8 weeks, depending on how well you retain the information.

Good luck :biggrin:

Original post by missmini
thanks for replying. I can try to get that during my course but i really want to get in. I have come to know by one of my friend that birmingham city does that so i was wondering if keele does that as well. It's only english you see. I am so much in stress about this. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest