The Student Room Group

What A-Levels do I need for Optometry?

I really want to go into optometry - but I have no idea what a-levels to do. I've looked at unis and entry requirements, and they all ask for at least two sciences.
I want to take: biology, chemistry, and psychology, but I don't know what else to take? Any suggestions? I'm currently an A in maths, but I don't know if I'd be able to do that at A-Level standard.

Ta :smile:
I've just finished my gcses and I'm predicting that i'm going to get an A for maths (not being arrogant) and I'm going to do it for A-level so I think you should be fine. Remember that everyone will be in the same boat when you begin your A-levels, regardless of what grade they got for gcse. If you really don't want to do maths then you could consider doing physics or something like physical education. Some universities even class psychology as a science (and geography). Also, since the universities are asking for at least two sciences, this means that you may be okay with just doing biology and chemistry which means that are free to do whatever you want for your fourth A-level. I recommend doing either maths or physics if you want to do a third science or if not, do something that you really enjoy and are currently doing really well in :smile:. It's always beneficial to study a language so this may be something you want to consider...
Do you like Physics? Could be a nicer alternative to Maths :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending