The Student Room Group
Which university are you studying at now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Isis_on_the_cake
Which university are you studying at now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rather not say, but its a good one.
Reply 3
Which uni is it? Then we can give a better idea of your chances, rather than you just saying its 'good'.
Original post by Buses
Which uni is it? Then we can give a better idea of your chances, rather than you just saying its 'good'.

Umm people go to UCL from very low ranked Uni's, so 'good' is sufficient. I'm more interested in whether the 65% is good enough.
Reply 5
Original post by PostGrad221
Umm people go to UCL from very low ranked Uni's, so 'good' is sufficient. I'm more interested in whether the 65% is good enough.

Because that 65% is looked at differently depending on your university.
Original post by Bayazit
Because that 65% is looked at differently depending on your university.

Is russell group sufficient?

Seriously getting hung up on the most irrelevant stuff here.

From what i've read, your undergrad institution ranking doesn't even matter much when applying for masters anyway. I've seen people from Greenwich and Westminster end up at UCL and LSE.

Also, wth is it with school kids replying to this thread. You're also still at school, so have zero experience or knowledge of post-grad education.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
It all depends on their requirements, if the requirements are a 2:1 then a 65% would be good enough. However, LSE seems more demanding then UCL so I would expect them to demand a higher 2:1 (if it's the requirement) of 67-69%. But again 65% shouldn't be a problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Is russell group sufficient?

Seriously getting hung up on the most irrelevant stuff here.

From what i've read, your undergrad institution ranking doesn't even matter much when applying for masters anyway. I've seen people from Greenwich and Westminster end up at UCL and LSE.

Also, wth is it with school kids replying to this thread. You're also still at school, so have zero experience or knowledge of post-grad education.

Nay, I'm starting my post grad studies this autumn. Guess where it'll be :wink:
Reply 9
i have postgrad degrees from both of them, so they can't be that fussy
Reply 10
Original post by Pariah

:laugh:
postgraduate places (as a whole) are nowhere near as competitive as some people make out. not sure why you won't disclose what university you go to (?) but as long as its russell group, and you have relevant work experience to talk about, with 65% you should get a place at both institutions.
Original post by naturallygreezy
postgraduate places (as a whole) are nowhere near as competitive as some people make out. not sure why you won't disclose what university you go to (?) but as long as its russell group, and you have relevant work experience to talk about, with 65% you should get a place at both institutions.

6 months later, you were correct!

Hold offers from both LSE and UCL :biggrin:
Original post by Pariah

bahahahaha

Congratulations! As someone who finished their masters last September, I'd highly recommend you spend a few weeks in the library in the summer before you start. Email teachers for module outlines and get a head start. It really pays off!
Reply 15

Hello I was just wondering if you ended up getting into any of these uni’s also most of these unis say 65% across all level of study. Does this mean they consider 1st year results which most unis don’t incorporate in calculating your overall average?

Latest

Trending

Trending