The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Tomorrow is the deadline. It should be working but perhaps the server's screwed up from too many people with last minute applications. Or just because nothing seems to work down south!

You really shouldn't have left it this late.
Reply 2
becca2389
Tomorrow is the deadline. It should be working but perhaps the server's screwed up from too many people with last minute applications. Or just because nothing seems to work down south!

You really shouldn't have left it this late.

when u say tommorow , so is tommorow the last day on today or do i have to do it by midnight 2nite ?

wats the site isnt it www.cao.ie ???
It is indeed.

I imagine it closes tomorrow, as in around 5.30/6 rather than midnight tonight! Just the same as UCAS, except infinitely less organised. If I were you I'd hurry up!!!
Reply 4
ok becca plz help. ive done it all ( or i think i have ) , its very short compared to ucas.

ive got my applic number.
ive payed 35 euros.
ive done my gcse , but i cudnt list them , so i just have to post photocopies of my gcse certficates.

then listed my alevel .
( no grades / grads predicions ????)

listed the 5 medical courses (only he undergaduate ones)
/ level 8 coiurses
got a email confimation about courses bu havent got any oter recipts / confirmation.

when its says my info is tored at cao , does that mean they ahve my appliaction now ?

AND IS THAT IT ???

now i just pst my gcse results with self addressed envolope right.

btw wat unis u applied to in uk ?
Sounds fine to me! I don't know an awful lot about it - I'm not applying in the Republic. However a couple of my friends are and everything you say sounds just like their application. If they have confirmed the courses by email I'm pretty sure it's there. And no...no grade predictions should be required. CAO doesn't make conditional offers - all its offers are unconditional and given out in the week after results day.

Now all you have to do is post your photocopies (recorded post is best!) and you're done!

(btw....you did put your courses in order of preference????)

My UK unis are in my signature!
Reply 6
becca2389
Sounds fine to me! I don't know an awful lot about it - I'm not applying in the Republic. However a couple of my friends are and everything you say sounds just like their application. If they have confirmed the courses by email I'm pretty sure it's there. And no...no grade predictions should be required. CAO doesn't make conditional offers - all its offers are unconditional and given out in the week after results day.

Now all you have to do is post your photocopies (recorded post is best!) and you're done!

(btw....you did put your courses in order of preference????)

My UK unis are in my signature!

when u say courses , ive only applied for medicine no other courses.
so do i have to put he med courses in order of preference aswell.
e.g if i want to go togalway the most i put galway at the top ?
I mean med courses - in the same context as you wrote courses!

Yes, you must put them in order of preference. And yes, if you wanted to go to Galway the most then Galway on top (though I'd personally prefer Trinity/UCD/RCSI before Galway :p:) You can't change this order once it's sent. If you're offered your top choice then you can't reject it and move on to the next one.
Reply 8
theyve just let me change the order . the the changes have been updated i think .
is theer anything else i need to do.

btw - thnx a lot for ur advice
Reply 9
asjad_03
theyve just let me change the order . the the changes have been updated i think .
is theer anything else i need to do.

btw - thnx a lot for ur advice

Just so you know, you can change your choices as many times as you like up until June.
Reply 10
Kwekubo
Just so you know, you can change your choices as many times as you like up until June.

cheers for that.

i take it ur applying / already an irish med student , if so at which uni ?
Reply 11
hi asjad, my uk applications aint goin well and iv applied to irish uni'z 4 medincine. I seem to no alot more than u do mate so if u need any additional advice/help just send me a personal msg.

Im applying to TCD,UCD,UCC,RCS,NUI GALWAY n thats my order of preference. What are urs ?
The deadline for the online application was 5:15 today, certificates can be sent of at a later date, all certificates must me signed and authenticated by the headmaster of ur school.
Applications can stil be submitted after 1st feb but the price goes from 35 to 70 euros. Also TCD,UCD,UCC and NUI dont except applications sent to CAO after 1st feb so if ur applyin late for medicine then dont bother.

I applied 5 days ago and my certificates wa sent off 2day, im waiting confermation in anothr thread on when offers will be made etc. but my order of preference is based entirely on quality of uni'z not grades. If i get my 1st offer i need to get AAAB, but i dont care it TCD!!

That just abt everyfin i can fink of 2 tel u rite now, any more help just ask!
Reply 12
M4N1C
hi asjad, my uk applications aint goin well and iv applied to irish uni'z 4 medincine. I seem to no alot more than u do mate so if u need any additional advice/help just send me a personal msg.

Im applying to TCD,UCD,UCC,RCS,NUI GALWAY n thats my order of preference. What are urs ?
The deadline for the online application was 5:15 today, certificates can be sent of at a later date, all certificates must me signed and authenticated by the headmaster of ur school.
Applications can stil be submitted after 1st feb but the price goes from 35 to 70 euros. Also TCD,UCD,UCC and NUI dont except applications sent to CAO after 1st feb so if ur applyin late for medicine then dont bother.

I applied 5 days ago and my certificates wa sent off 2day, im waiting confermation in anothr thread on when offers will be made etc. but my order of preference is based entirely on quality of uni'z not grades. If i get my 1st offer i need to get AAAB, but i dont care it TCD!!

That just abt everyfin i can fink of 2 tel u rite now, any more help just ask!

cheers for the advice .

do all of these unis demand 4 alevels ? are u doin 4 ?

i havent heard anything from thge uk unis , ive applied leeds,keele,soton,liverp

and havent heard much as yet..
dont u think its much harder to get into iris nis than it is to uk unis , i thought in would have ben eaier , but it seems tough.

which uk unis u applied for ?
Reply 13
I seriously underperformed in my PS, havin a good PS is key to getting an interview at leeds,liverpool ad manchester. i got rejected from all.
still got newcastle(durham campus) left but i dont no when they start givin out interview/rejections.

for me irish uniz shud b easier as they dont require a PS or even a reference they look entirely at A level grades and academic potential.
Im takin Chemistry,Physics,Biology,Geology and Maths(As)
I am predicted AAAAa.
Is there a deadline to send in your GCSE certificates by? and how does the cao find out your alevel results after results day?
for me irish uniz shud b easier as they dont require a PS or even a reference they look entirely at A level grades and academic potential.
Im takin Chemistry,Physics,Biology,Geology and Maths(As)
I am predicted AAAAa.

Well it's not actually easier at all. It's a total lottery. There may be a fair amount of luck in UK med schools, but at least they take into account aptitude for medicine so if your PS is good, you've work experience and you interview well then you'll hopefully get a place somewhere though a few people do slip through the net (like yourself unfortunately)

However in Ireland it's all in the luck of the draw who they decide to call first on results day. They literally just ring at random until the spaces are filled.

It's totally worth a shot but I wouldn't get your hopes up too soon. There's going to be hundreds of disappointed Irish med applicants this year.

shatteredmedic - my friend says that CAO has a 7 day deadline for the certificates, but I'm sure they'll be a bit lenient if you're posting from the UK. Recorded post is probably advisable as the postal system can be dodgy.
Reply 16
I'm sure I read on the TCD website that last year, all applicants with 4 As at A2 were made offers
Johnny C.
I'm sure I read on the TCD website that last year, all applicants with 4 As at A2 were made offers

That can't be right. There's only 60 places ago every year. And most I've heard go to internationals (the irish newspapers have been kicking up a fuss about this and it actually says in this year's prospectus that around 50 places go to internationals) So unless very few people with A levels applied last year then that can't be right.

Though if it's true you're in :p: Hope it works out for the best for all of you.
Reply 18
becca2389
That can't be right. There's only 60 places ago every year. And most I've heard go to internationals (the irish newspapers have been kicking up a fuss about this and it actually says in this year's prospectus that around 50 places go to internationals) So unless very few people with A levels applied last year then that can't be right.

Though if it's true you're in :p: Hope it works out for the best for all of you.

I checked it again - basically TCD website says all who got over 580 on irish school leavers certificate thing, got an offer last year. Using their A-level grade to ILC point converter thing, 4As at A2 is more than 580... but that doesn't mean you are guaranteed a place I suppose.

Btw, I'm not applying to Irish med school, tempting as it is, as I have offer for british one.:smile:
Reply 19
Johnny C.
I checked it again - basically TCD website says all who got over 580 on irish school leavers certificate thing, got an offer last year. Using their A-level grade to ILC point converter thing, 4As at A2 is more than 580... but that doesn't mean you are guaranteed a place I suppose.

Not quite. Last year's points quota for TCD was actually 590* - that is to say, anyone who got the full 600 points got a place, but those on 590 were chosen by random selection until the places were full. Trinity equate an A at A2 to 150 points.

Latest

Trending

Trending