The Student Room Group

When we send our applications to ucas after we get our AS results...

Would I be able to count the points for a new AS/A level I'm picking up during A2 on the ucas form? Would teachers predict what you would get in this case as I obviously didn't sit the exam or would you just not be allowed to include it? This is because I'm doing the General studies a level while doing A2 so really wanted to put these points one as I'll get another 60 points minimum
Thanks, :smile:
Alex
(edited 8 years ago)
You just enter General Studies as "pending" on the grade section for 2016.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Exceptional
You just enter General Studies as "pending" on the grade section for 2016.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, would that mean they will include the points or not as these will make a big difference for me as I want to go to de montford for accouting and finance which requires 300 points
Original post by alexp98
Thanks, would that mean they will include the points or not as these will make a big difference for me as I want to go to de montford for accouting and finance which requires 300 points

They'll probably just give you a 300 points offer and then you'll have to meet it from the A-levels you take. If the entry criteria isnt clear, email them asking if they'll count the GS points to your offer.
Reply 4
Original post by Exceptional
They'll probably just give you a 300 points offer and then you'll have to meet it from the A-levels you take. If the entry criteria isnt clear, email them asking if they'll count the GS points to your offer.

Ah ok thanks. The entry requirement was really clear it was jusy from the ucas side of things I was confused if they would include the points as I haven't done the a level yet. Yes De montford do accept it. Thanks for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest