The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plagioclase
It doesn't follow the A Level curriculum, it teaches enough chemistry so that you can deal with the course. Since most of the chemistry you will be using is thermodynamics, kinetics, equilibria and inorganic chemistry, these are the areas they will focus on. They probably will not teach inorganic chemistry in a lot of depth. So no, you probably wouldn't have the equivalent of A Level chemistry. But again, I don't know because I'm not at Imperial, I'm at Oxford.

Thankyou so, for that informative response. Really helps me a lot, since I want to go into do postgrad entry to medicine after, hence the Chemisty question, and I have no advanced sciences. I can't thankyou enough, and congrats to you on Oxford.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 21
Hi guys

I'm going into year 13, taking maths, further maths and geography to A2 (predicted A*A*A) - I got 4As at AS (I'm dropping music). I got 8A*s and 3As in my GCSEs.

I'm also taking up AS physics in year 13 - I really regret not taking physics or chemistry in year 12.

Do you think I have a decent shot at geology at imperial? I'm worried my lack of A2 in physics or chemistry is gonna really disadvantage me...

Thanks
Original post by yaz1423
Hi guys

I'm going into year 13, taking maths, further maths and geography to A2 (predicted A*A*A) - I got 4As at AS (I'm dropping music). I got 8A*s and 3As in my GCSEs.

I'm also taking up AS physics in year 13 - I really regret not taking physics or chemistry in year 12.

Do you think I have a decent shot at geology at imperial? I'm worried my lack of A2 in physics or chemistry is gonna really disadvantage me...

Thanks

I'd say probably, yes. Lacking Physics and Chemistry will mean you'll have some catching up to do in your first year (as far as I'm aware they have special courses for that though) but your grades are very good and I wouldn't underestimate the benefit of having Further Maths.
Original post by yaz1423
Hi guys

Thanks

Why no A* geography?
Reply 24
Original post by Theplace
Why no A* geography?

sorry - A* in maths, A* in geography and A in further maths (although I'll push for an A*...tricky hm)
Hi, I was wondering what were the chances of me being accepted to Imperial with the predictions:
Geography A*
Maths A
Chemistry A
Thanks
Reply 26
Original post by a_mahmood
Hi, I was wondering what were the chances of me being accepted to Imperial with the predictions:
Geography A*
Maths A
Chemistry A
Thanks

Should be able to get atleast an interview offer with those grades.
Original post by a_mahmood
Geography A*
Maths A
Chemistry A
Thanks

What did you get st AS level?
Original post by yaz1423
sorry - A* in maths, A* in geography and A in further maths (although I'll push for an A*...tricky hm)

What were your AS grades
Original post by Inam97
Should be able to get atleast an interview offer with those grades.

I'm predicted AAD for A2 with Biology, Geog and Politics, and I've been to their open day and the student said that they consider you on a personal basis, so hopefully I'll get an interview?
Anyone received offers/rejections yet?
Reply 31
Anyone who was at one of the interview days in early to mid November will have heard by now.

Latest

Trending

Trending