The Student Room Group

2016 Consulting summer internships/Graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Had McKinsey first round interview yesterday for BA. Anybody else had their interviews during this December Window?
Original post by ew296
Had McKinsey first round interview yesterday for BA. Anybody else had their interviews during this December Window?

How was it? Did they say when they'd get back to you ?
Original post by Newbie2015!!
How was it? Did they say when they'd get back to you ?

It was good. Can't really tell how I did. Cases put you very on the spot. Was fine on the maths in one and stumbled a bit in the second, got there in the end. It says on this welcome piece of paper that they would be in touch 'within the next week' so I'm expecting to hear something either way next week.
Have booked my Capgemini phone interview for the management consulting programme this thursday, anyone had any experience with it?
Reply 784
Have any of you ever contacted employees on LinkedIn of a company you're interested in? I found an email address of an employee on their profile and sent them an email to kindly ask more about their role (and of course explain how I got their details), but they never replied. There's not a lot of information on their website about the position, and I really want to know more.

Do you reckon I should try get in touch with another employee or perhaps someone who runs the programme?
Anyone heard back after Strategy& second round?
Reply 786
Nada - any idea when we are supposed to hear by??

How did you find the presentation and group exercise? Felt the interviews I managed to do very well but annoyed these seemingly frivolous exercises are used in the process

Original post by econ2293
Anyone heard back after Strategy& second round?
Original post by CIB1992
Nada - any idea when we are supposed to hear by??

How did you find the presentation and group exercise? Felt the interviews I managed to do very well but annoyed these seemingly frivolous exercises are used in the process

I don't think you can really consider a group exercise and presentation 'frivolous' for consulting applications though - when you're choosing a career which literally involves working with new people every week at short notice, interacting with client personnel daily and presenting/contributing to presentations from day one. I'd argue they have a lot of reasons to test these abilities for a consulting role (though maybe not so much in other occupations like IB).

Good luck though, fingers crossed! :smile:
I had my interview on monday and they said we'll hear back by thu morning ...
(edited 8 years ago)
How long do PwC take to reply after the assessment centre? Been over a week now
Reply 790
Absolutely horrific experience interviewing with Strategy& at the final round. Had a director repeatably tell me how stupid I am and how bad my ideas were for an hour long case study. Probably insulted me a few times every minute. Considering the firm knows I have a learning disability this is absolutely disgusting. He didn't just do it to me either, the first person he interviewed before me actually walked out and left the AC. Anyone know if there is anything I can do? Don't care about getting the job, just disgusted that someone so senior would act that way.
Reply 791
Hi,
Has anyone had their interview for KPMG?
Please let me know how it goes
Anyone who has done the AC for EY, can you please share your experiences?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.Thank you so much :smile:
Original post by Shaampatel348
Anyone who has done the AC for EY, can you please share your experiences?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.Thank you so much :smile:

Which business stream
Anyone heard back from Strategy& today morning?
Original post by tharinduttd
Anyone heard back from Strategy& today morning?

I did yesterday :smile: good news
Has anyone heard from LEK graduate recruiting yet?
Original post by econ2293
I did yesterday :smile: good news

Were you in the Monday morning session?

If not, I guess I am out
Original post by tharinduttd
Were you in the Monday morning session?

If not, I guess I am out

I was but until you hear back don't get discouraged. I got an e-mail Sat night to attend Monday morning AC so... you never know!
Original post by Newbie2015!!
Which business stream

Hi this is for Audit 2016 Graduate :smile:

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest