The Student Room Group

Christmas Temporary Jobs 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tehforum
I meant when you reckon you'll start working.

Mid Nov, éarly December?

Is there any flexibility regarding starting dates, as I am occupied until 4th Dec.

I'm not sure. Most stores will take students but you will have to work evenings.
For the jobs I have been interviewed for the starting date is the start of October through till first week of January

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kendellex
I'm not sure. Most stores will take students but you will have to work evenings.
For the jobs I have been interviewed for the starting date is the start of October through till first week of January

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow.

I need to apply then!
Christmas temp jobs at boots are really easy to get, you need zero experience and the interview is so casual. They just want you to be really bubbly and seem interested.
Go on indeed jobs or type your location, then jobs after that in google, you might get some good results
I have an interview for boots on tuesday, could you please tell me a few things that would help. This is my first job and i have just one week work experience
If any of you live in London, Winter Wonderland (Hyde Park) are hiring. There's several job roles and I reckon it will be a pretty fun environment to work in over the Christmas period :smile:
Any new places recently have xmas vacancies?
Original post by Blyts-_
Any new places recently have xmas vacancies?

Everywhere.

Get on the websites of shopping centers in your county.
Reply 48
Has anyone tried applying for Christmas temp job in Paperchase? I've handed in my CV in store a little over a week ago and I haven't heard anything from them yet. Thanks in advance!
Original post by amy13
Hey,
I'm in desperate need of a job - currently a very poor student! :tongue: Does anyone know of anywhere where Christmas jobs are being advertised yet? Or know when/where different shops will advertise?

i have jobs in leicester part time immediate start for door hosts and dancers at a nightclub please see my thread channelle1604 x
Part time jobs in leicester for door hosts and dancers immediate work excellent rates of pay you dont need to be a dancer to apply interviews/auditions start tomorrow and friday and work starts saturday night at a well known nightclub
contact channelle if you think you have what it takes endless opportunity's through world wide advertising call for more info 07884766310
Having now lined up 4 interviews may i suggest some out of the box thinking.. go for warehouse work, they seem to care less and perhaps have less people going for it if you want an interview.

I applied through Reed for a few hours last night and have had plenty of calls and emails. Clothes and cards are also not likely to be dirty or even difficult jobs.
Original post by Rakas21
Having now lined up 4 interviews may i suggest some out of the box thinking.. go for warehouse work, they seem to care less and perhaps have less people going for it if you want an interview.

I applied through Reed for a few hours last night and have had plenty of calls and emails. Clothes and cards are also not likely to be dirty or even difficult jobs.

Warehouse work is the easiest to get in to, isn't hard and the pay is decent

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
I was wondering , do you need a debit card to work because I applied for. Primark and have a national insurance number and I'm 16 how would day be able to pay me if I don't have a card would I be aloud to work or not
Reply 54
i am16 and I was wondering do you need a debit card in order to work because I applied for primark and I have a national insurance number would I still be able to work but how will I get paid
Original post by 1999hala
i am16 and I was wondering do you need a debit card in order to work because I applied for primark and I have a national insurance number would I still be able to work but how will I get paid

You would need some kind of bank account!
Just set one up in your local bank. Surprised that you don't have one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Original post by vicztang
Has anyone tried applying for Christmas temp job in Paperchase? I've handed in my CV in store a little over a week ago and I haven't heard anything from them yet. Thanks in advance!

Hey! I went into Paperchase yesterday and asked the manager if there were any vacancies for christmas temp... He told me there were and to come in for an interview tomorrow and bring my CV. Went in today... Did the interview, was told on the spot that I got the job and will be starting on a min. 8 hour a week contract next week :smile: maybe go in and ask them if there's still vacancies and ask to speak to the manager this time? Hope this helped :smile:
Original post by 1999hala

Hi, I'm 17 and didn't have a bank account until a few weeks ago. Never really needed one before but I got a job at primark and needed a bank account to get paid. It's easy getting a bank account and you can do it online but I would recommend you get it done asap because it takes around 7-10 days to get activated. I left it quite late and my account was activated literally a few mins before I had my induction.
Original post by kendellex
Warehouse work is the easiest to get in to, isn't hard and the pay is decent

Posted from TSR Mobile

how would you apply for warehouse?
Reply 59
Try Marks and Spencer. If you pass their online test, they set you up for an interview immediately.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending