The Student Room Group

Deloitte Scholars 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by hopefulecon12
Hi!

Just curious to where everyone is on the process?

Thanks!

I got offered a position at the beginning of january. Once you do the last stage you find out pretty quickly
Original post by Colmy
I got offered a position at the beginning of january. Once you do the last stage you find out pretty quickly

Nice! How was the last stage? Also what region were you offered a place in?
Original post by Colmy

Also how long did you have to prepare the presentation for final stage?
Reply 63
Also how long did you have to prepare the presentation for final stage?

The last stage I actually found the easiest. For the scholar scheme you don't actually have to do a presentation, that's only for graduates and upwards. Instead its just consists of a one on one interview again, with someone a bit higher up in the company. Mine was actually with the person in charge of the Scholars when we work there next year. The last stage apparently should consist of behavioral and career motivations, as well as business knowledge, but from what I gathered from last years scholars and my own interview is that it varies. I just got asked two very basic business questions and then the rest of it was just a nice friendly chat. I just think they are trying to decide if they think that you, as a person, would fit in well at the office. Don't completely take my word for that though, and make sure you learn a bit about Deloitte's business and have an understanding of the most important business news that is happening recently. I got given a position at the London Office. If found that Deloitte took a long time to give me a date for interviews unless I emailed them. So if you have been waiting for an interview date for quite a while, just email them asking subtly when they are able to do the final round with you. Hope this helps and good luck
I am on the last stage :smile: Hopefully I do it soon! Feeling anxious. Make sure you ace the tests. They are pretty simple but they seem to be used to filter out many applicants.

Yes, I really want to do well in them. It's strange I got the same percentage in both the practices I have done so far, I really want to be hitting the 85/90 mark but I have yet to polish that... Awesome that you are on the last stage, hope to really smash the tests because I'm realising more and more what a valuable opportunity it could be
Reply 65
I'm just wondering are people going to be moving to live near where they will be working? I live in a small town and so can't commute easily to a big city, so it would be cheaper to live in Manchester and walk/bike/get the bus from there!
Hi guys, hope everyone is doing well!

I am also at the final stage, have yo do the partner interview still but havent heard back from them. I emailed them asking about the date and they said they would get in touch when they have the slots for the interviews available but this was too about a month ago. Would anyone knoe how long they usually take to reply with a date for the final interview? Should I email them again or do I wait? Just a bit confused.
Reply 67
Hi guys,

I was offered a place on the scheme few weeks ago. They often take a long time to give dates, so you have to email them politely asking them again- give dates that suit you as well.

As far as the partner interview goes, I would say mine was pretty simple. They ask about your values and motivations. I found the whole process very self-explanatory and enjoyable. I look forward to meeting the other Scholars next year!

If you have any questions, just ask. Also, if you are a scholar- Get in touch!
Reply 68
I've got the group interview on Wednesday, and I've seen on here that it's just a 10-15 min group exercise. Is that it? No other one on one interviews or anything else at all?
Original post by UTG8
I've got the group interview on Wednesday, and I've seen on here that it's just a 10-15 min group exercise. Is that it? No other one on one interviews or anything else at all?

Yep, that's all. Don't be afraid of going in early, you'll meet the other interviewees and get to know them :wink: You get 10 mins to study the case independently, people will be making notes, if you really understand the gist and most importantly your ROLE and BEST INTERESTS, you will do well. 25 mins to discuss as a group and come to a decision. Figure out what you want to say, don't dwell too long on a single point, encourage others' ideas, really show the body language of being an active team member. Don't be too nervous, you'll forget your key information and help out team members that don't know what's going on. Also, it shows initiative and care to keep an eye on the time; telling your team members how long they have left looks good! Afterwards, I got to meet a current Scholar. ASK THEM EVERYTHING! hope that helps :biggrin:
Reply 70
Original post by minjinoor
Yep, that's all. Don't be afraid of going in early, you'll meet the other interviewees and get to know them :wink: You get 10 mins to study the case independently, people will be making notes, if you really understand the gist and most importantly your ROLE and BEST INTERESTS, you will do well. 25 mins to discuss as a group and come to a decision. Figure out what you want to say, don't dwell too long on a single point, encourage others' ideas, really show the body language of being an active team member. Don't be too nervous, you'll forget your key information and help out team members that don't know what's going on. Also, it shows initiative and care to keep an eye on the time; telling your team members how long they have left looks good! Afterwards, I got to meet a current Scholar. ASK THEM EVERYTHING! hope that helps :biggrin:

Thanks so much! What's the case study like, is it business/commercially related? Like, something I should do a little prep/research for to have some background knowledge? And thanks again, this was super assuring and helpful!
Original post by UTG8
Thanks so much! What's the case study like, is it business/commercially related? Like, something I should do a little prep/research for to have some background knowledge? And thanks again, this was super assuring and helpful!

you can't do much research tbh, the case study is a scenario where you have multiple options that your company is deciding on, one of which benefit your responsibilities the most. you need to discuss with your team to make a decision whilst keeping your best interests in mind, persuading the team to lean towards that option. dress smart!
(edited 8 years ago)
How many stages are there guys the initial application ( online questions) the assessment centre and then the interview? What was asked in the interviews ??
Original post by scholar2014
Hey everyone,

I was a Deloitte scholar who started in 2014. It was a great scheme, fantastic to get on to if you can! The reason you can't see an application deadline is because they accept applications until they have filled all of the positions, allowing them to pick the best of the best candidates.

On a day to day basis, a lot of you are right - you do check emails, work with the team etc etc. but what they want to see is you not just saying the usual boring stuff. For example, you will also be involved in a lot of training to start off with. You could say this, but in a more eloquent way such as, "I will be involved in an ongoing training programme, allowing me to deliver higher quality and more useful deliverables to clients". Don't be scared by the fact that it says bullet points - you can still write full sentences, but they want to see that you can break down a long paragraph into more something more succinct.

Willing to answer some questions if you have them, and the process is still open! Or even what to expect in September when you (hopefully) start!

Hiya what department did you work in?

Quick Reply

Latest