Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Official Ask Anglia Ruskin Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FinnAndBean
Hi there!

I’ve just accepted a place to study Bsc Mental Health Nursing at ARU Cambridge for 2023 entry.
I’ve been having a look around but can’t find any rough examples of the first year timetable. I know it won’t all be set in stone yet, but I was just wondering roughly how many days are you in per week when in uni and not on placement? I’ll be commuting so am trying to work out a rough estimate of how much it will cost.

Thanks so much!

Hiya,

Congratulations on your offer and for accepting we look forward to welcoming you soon!

I’ve looked into this for you and you’re right timetables do change each year. However, usually students are expected to attend university 4 days a week from September January, and after January, usually 2 days in university and 3 days on their placement (this is subject to change).

If you’d like a little more info, it would be best to contact Tony Calvey who is the course leader for Mental Health Nursing 😊

Hope this helps!
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Amazing, thank you so much for your help 😊
Hi, I applied for BSc Computer Science in December and was just wondering what the typical turnaround for hearing back is at the moment?
Original post by harryderouich
Hi, I applied for BSc Computer Science in December and was just wondering what the typical turnaround for hearing back is at the moment?

Hiya,

As you may appreciate, all our departments are working hard at the minute with applications :smile:

If you’d like to contact the general Admissions team, please contact them via email [email protected] - or give them a call on +44 (0)1245 686868.

Or if you’d like to speak with someone from the department, please contact Dr Jin Zhang who is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Computing and Information Science.
Hiya,

Congratulations to your son on the offer!

I’ve asked the Accommodation team for you and they believe that the Island site is more costly but still affordable But they are yet to publish their prices for the next academic year.

Both the Student Village and the Rivermead Islands have cleaning in the communal areas.

If you’d like to chat with the Chelmsford Accommodation team, send them an email to: [email protected] , or for Tenancy Support, email: [email protected]. (All contacts for our Accommodation team can be found on our Accommodation contact page 😊)

Let us know any other queries,

- Jemma
Hi there!

I was just wondering what the academic term dates are for 2023/24 BSc Nursing?

Thanks so much!
Original post by FinnAndBean
Hi there!

I was just wondering what the academic term dates are for 2023/24 BSc Nursing?

Thanks so much!

Hi,
Thanks for your question :smile:
The term dates for 2023/2024 have been published to our website under 'Academic Calendar'
Hope this helps,
Jemma
Hiya,

Congratulations to your son for accepting his place very exciting! 🎉

There are Facebook groups your son can join to connect with other people in nearby accommodation. He should have received an email invite from us inviting him to join one of these groups. It’s a nice way to connect with others before joining - and you can always add a post on here asking who is in your accommodation :smile:

Let us know if there's any other queries,

Jemma
Hi,

The academic calendar gives an indication of the key dates for teaching weeks, examinations, and vacations for taught courses, including Medical students. Placement periods may be different for different courses, so it's best to double check these.

Many thanks,

Jemma
Hiya,

I have just firmed my offer for Medicine for this year. Do you happen to know when exams would be during semester 1? Also wondering if there is any support for mature students?

Thanks,
Kiya
Hiya thank you so much! Will join now !
Dear ARU rep
Is there a chance you would be giving any more offers. We were put on 18th May waitlist.
Last year offers were given in April and May before the actual last date given by the university for waitlist.
Original post by Anonymous
Dear ARU rep
Is there a chance you would be giving any more offers. We were put on 18th May waitlist.
Last year offers were given in April and May before the actual last date given by the university for waitlist.

Hi,

I’ve asked a Medicine Admissions staff member and they have said:

We will decide whether to offer any more places before the UCAS deadline of 18th May. We will contact all applicants waiting to hear from us by this date. No decision has been taken as yet.

Hope this helps,
Jemma
Reply 253
Hey, I've been doing my application for accommodation & I selected a room but want to change the room type as I selected a small room but meant to select a large room. Can I change this? I can't find anyway how to and it's making me really stressed.
Reply 254
Original post by ARUOfficial
Hello,

The purpose of this thread is to answer any queries you may have about studying at Anglia Ruskin University. It is managed by friendly ARU staff who are happy to help you out, whether it be for course information, accommodation, or student life and societies.

We'll be available to respond to your questions and queries Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm, and will always respond to your queries as soon as possible.

Don’t hesitate and get in touch!

Team ARU :smile:

I would like to transfer to medicine from biomed . But my ucat is 2470 b2 would this be worth the shot? I start at aru camb this month
Original post by Nix_221
I would like to transfer to medicine from biomed . But my ucat is 2470 b2 would this be worth the shot? I start at aru camb this month

Hiya,

We look forward to welcoming you soon onto campus! 💙💛

Transferring to our MBChB Medicine course is highly competitive and there is limited availability each year. Applicants must fulfil the same criteria as all other applicants to the course before being made an offer.

We’ve got a really useful webpage dedicated to internal transfer to MBChB Medicine all info will be on here 😊

If you have any other queries, do let us know,

Jemma

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending