The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Anglia Ruskin - Physician associate MSc 2022

Anyone applying for the Physician Associate programme at Anglia Ruskin 2022?

Scroll to see replies

yes me! I've been given an offer from them :smile:
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by 13stuckeyc

Congrats! :smile:
My interview is in May, is there any tips you could give me? I would be so grateful
i have interview tomorrow, any tips ?

Hey, was there any role plays in the Anglia Ruskin interview?

Any tips of what kinda questions they were asking?
Original post by jiten0612
i have interview tomorrow, any tips ?

Hey was there any role plays in the Anglia Ruskin interview?
Original post by Anonymous
Hey was there any role plays in the Anglia Ruskin interview?

Hiya, yeah there were. But they weren't too bad! All of the interviewers were nice and so were the actors. I wouldn't say there's anything much to prepare for.
Original post by elliebeeee
Hiya, yeah there were. But they weren't too bad! All of the interviewers were nice and so were the actors. I wouldn't say there's anything much to prepare for.

Hiya, I've PM you. Please check x
Hiya, I've PM you. Please check x

I need to post more so they'll allow me to send PMs :frown: If I can't then I'll reply on this thread!
There were 6 stations, each graded out of 15 points, so 90 in total (mentioned on the pre-interview document sent via email). The highest scoring applicants get a place. The topics e.g. breaking bad news are also listed on the pre-interview document, so it would be useful to have a look beforehand to make sure you know what might come up. As an offer holder I can't elaborate on what the stations were about or what they asked me, but the best advice I could give would be to act like you're a PA when you're speaking to these people/patients and just be as friendly as possible.

Typically, only mention additional info if you're completely confident on what you're talking about. They just want to see that you know your stuff, rather than just throwing in fancy medical terms. :wink: Generally the interviewers were encouraging and positive, I assume they'd want the applicants to score as highly as they could to show their ability, rather than to trip you up or be overly harsh!

Best of luck for your interview :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
There were 6 stations, each graded out of 15 points, so 90 in total (mentioned on the pre-interview document sent via email). The highest scoring applicants get a place. The topics e.g. breaking bad news are also listed on the pre-interview document, so it would be useful to have a look beforehand to make sure you know what might come up. As an offer holder I can't elaborate on what the stations were about or what they asked me, but the best advice I could give would be to act like you're a PA when you're speaking to these people/patients and just be as friendly as possible.

Typically, only mention additional info if you're completely confident on what you're talking about. They just want to see that you know your stuff, rather than just throwing in fancy medical terms. :wink: Generally the interviewers were encouraging and positive, I assume they'd want the applicants to score as highly as they could to show their ability, rather than to trip you up or be overly harsh!

Best of luck for your interview :smile:

Thank you! This was really helpful.

Just to be clear, only one station involved a role-play - is that correct?
Thank you! This was really helpful.

Just to be clear, only one station involved a role-play - is that correct?

As a vague piece of advice, have a look through this page, I used it to prepare for the ARU interview and it was really really helpful.
https://www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/medical-school-interview/medicine-interview-questions/mmi-interview-questions/
As a vague piece of advice, have a look through this page, I used it to prepare for the ARU interview and it was really really helpful.
https://www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/medical-school-interview/medicine-interview-questions/mmi-interview-questions/

Yep I have been using that. Just wanted to know if only one station involves a role play. Someone mentioned to me it was 50% of the interview and I'm a bit confused.
Yep I have been using that. Just wanted to know if only one station involves a role play. Someone mentioned to me it was 50% of the interview and I'm a bit confused.

yeah i remmeber there being alot of roleplay
[QUOTE="13stuckeyc;97031962"]yeah i remmeber there being alot of roleplay[/
]
Quick question does anyone know when The last interview stages Will be conducted is it in May or are they still interviews in June.

Reply 15
Original post by Hiyahiiix
yeah i remmeber there being alot of roleplay[/
]
Quick question does anyone know when The last interview stages Will be conducted is it in May or are they still interviews in June.

I'm pretty sure there are still interviews in June
Original post by Cairon
I'm pretty sure there are still interviews in June

Yes that's true, I have got mine in 29th and I am very anxious. Please any tips
Reply 17
Yes that's true, I have got mine in 29th and I am very anxious. Please any tips

Hi, Idk if you've had your interview already but have some water with you to sip on, it's more important than you think. Also, don't revise anything at least an hour before your interview and use that last hour or so to just relax and do something you enjoy. When you're in your interview take deep breaths and take some time to think before answering each question. If there's a question you don't know try and talk about a subject that's closely related that you do know instead.
Good luck!!
Hello,

Has anyone that has been put on the reserve list heard anything back from the uni?
I’ve spoken to the administration team and what they’ve said is the course is fully booked and only if people drop out before the course will they turn to the reserve list which is why they haven’t reply to anyone as of yet

Was wondering does anyone know when the last interviews are

Original post by Jcasfelix95
Hello,

Has anyone that has been put on the reserve list heard anything back from the uni?

I’ve spoken to the administration team and what they’ve said is the course is fully booked and only if people drop out before the course will they turn to the reserve list which is why they haven’t reply to anyone as of yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending