Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Official Ask Anglia Ruskin Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anglia Ruskin University
Hello :smile:

Could please send me a private message so I can look into this for you?

Thank you!

Charlie
ARU Official Rep

OK
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Reply 21
Even I have the same problem, I have received a letter from UCAS about when i start my course however, the university itself has not sent me and 'joining email or welcome email'. I'm actually freaking out, because I only have 2 weeks till I move in and student finance need to hear from the university too :frown:
Reply 22
what is a foundation course like and any advice for a foundation degree
Hello,
What time do I need to come down, my accommodation is paid for from the 13th September onwards, fresher's week starts on the 19th, some events start a few days after and my actual course starts on the 28th or there about. Just really confused about what day I need to be in Cambridge for.

Thank you,Jai
Original post by Jaipowles
Hello,
What time do I need to come down, my accommodation is paid for from the 13th September onwards, fresher's week starts on the 19th, some events start a few days after and my actual course starts on the 28th or there about. Just really confused about what day I need to be in Cambridge for.

Thank you,Jai

Hi! I'm also going to be a fresher this year too & I believe you can move in whenever your tenancy starts, so if yours is the 13th, you can move in on the 13th. Freshers week officially starts on the 21st so people will have moved in before then definitely :smile: hope this helped!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by farawayfromnowhere
Hi! I'm also going to be a fresher this year too & I believe you can move in whenever your tenancy starts, so if yours is the 13th, you can move in on the 13th. Freshers week officially starts on the 21st so people will have moved in before then definitely :smile: hope this helped!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thanks a lot! :smile:
Original post by arshee
Even I have the same problem, I have received a letter from UCAS about when i start my course however, the university itself has not sent me and 'joining email or welcome email'. I'm actually freaking out, because I only have 2 weeks till I move in and student finance need to hear from the university too :frown:

Would you be able to send us a private message? Then we can look into this for you.

Thank you

Charlie
ARU Official Rep
Original post by asil11
what is a foundation course like and any advice for a foundation degree

Hello,

I did the foundation year myself before going on to Zoology. The first semester was a recap of A level science and maths, while the second semester went into greater detail. However, revising in your own time before starting your course will help you know what to expect.

There were also modules which helped prepare you for writing essays and reports to the standard required at university. The foundation year is aimed to cater for anyone who wants to study a relevant science but doesn't necessarily have the required grades/UCAS points - the idea being that everyone, whether they are marginally under the requirement or further off their target, can come out of the foundation year sufficiently prepared to progress onto their degree.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions, just ask :smile:

Nicholas
ARU Official Rep
Hello i recently was offered a place ARU UNIVERSITY LONDON CAMPUS (LCA)but i cant find any other students who maybe attending at the same campus. I am anxious as noone has answeree my query
Please help
Reply 29
Original post by Ms Breezy
Hello i recently was offered a place ARU UNIVERSITY LONDON CAMPUS (LCA)but i cant find any other students who maybe attending at the same campus. I am anxious as noone has answeree my query
Please help

im going to Anglia Ruskin University London Campus what degree are you doing there
Reply 30
Hello,

I did the foundation year myself before going on to Zoology. The first semester was a recap of A level science and maths, while the second semester went into greater detail. However, revising in your own time before starting your course will help you know what to expect.

There were also modules which helped prepare you for writing essays and reports to the standard required at university. The foundation year is aimed to cater for anyone who wants to study a relevant science but doesn't necessarily have the required grades/UCAS points - the idea being that everyone, whether they are marginally under the requirement or further off their target, can come out of the foundation year sufficiently prepared to progress onto their degree.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions, just ask :smile:

Nicholas
ARU Official Rep

Hello in foundation year do you have grades like 2.2 and 2.1 and 1st or is it just pass or fail
Original post by Ms Breezy
Please help

Hello,

Our London Campus have just created a Facebook group where you can join and meet fellow students attending this September, here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/826495967457885/

Hope this helps :smile:

Charlie
ARU Official Rep
Hi,

I am hoping to apply for the business and management course for 2016. Do you consider the EPQ as part of the UCAS points?
Thank you.
Original post by Princessh
Hi,

I am hoping to apply for the business and management course for 2016. Do you consider the EPQ as part of the UCAS points?
Thank you.

We would only consider the EPQ if you achieved the A grade.

Have you registered for our open day on 3rd October? You will be able to speak with our academics and faculties, as well as tour our campus* and speak with our admissions team for advice on how to apply.

Charlie
ARU Official Rep
Original post by asil11
Hello in foundation year do you have grades like 2.2 and 2.1 and 1st or is it just pass or fail

Hello asil! :smile:

In the foundation year, you will recieve a percentage mark (e.g. 75%) rather than a classification such as 2:1/2:2.

Hope this helps:smile:

Charlie
ARU Official Rep
Reply 35
Hiya I'm also going to be joining Anglia Ruskin (LCA London Campus) for business/tourism. I was just wondering what websites I can go on to find house shares? Any suggestions would help!
Original post by tanna25
Hiya I'm also going to be joining Anglia Ruskin (LCA London Campus) for business/tourism. I was just wondering what websites I can go on to find house shares? Any suggestions would help!

You can visit the LCA Accommodation website here: http://lca.anglia.ac.uk/accommodation - This gives you a list websites where you can find student accommodation around London.

Or, if you would like to speak to our Private Rented Sector Team, they're approachable by email: [email protected] or telephone: 01223 695 123

Charlie
ARU Official Rep

We would only consider the EPQ if you achieved the A grade.

Have you registered for our open day on 3rd October? You will be able to speak with our academics and faculties, as well as tour our campus* and speak with our admissions team for advice on how to apply.

Charlie
ARU Official Rep

So does this mean you would give an offer with one A level, one BTEC subsidiary diploma and the EPQ at an A grade?
Original post by Princessh
So does this mean you would give an offer with one A level, one BTEC subsidiary diploma and the EPQ at an A grade?

Hello,

We are looking into this for you now. Apologies for the delay, whilst your query is being passed on to our admissions team.

As soon as we have the information available, we will inform you.

Thank you for your patience.

Charlie
Official ARU Rep
Open Day 3rd October 2015

Hello all,

We have an open day for undergraduates and postgraduates on 3rd October 2015. This will be a great opportunity to explore both of our beautiful campuses in Chelmsford and Cambridge.

The open day will run between 10.00 and 14.00, where prospective students can expect to meet our academics, take a campus or accommodation tour*, meet student ambassadors and speak to our admissions team about how to apply.

Our open days give you a snapshot of life here at Anglia Ruskin, and the information you need to make the right choice for your future.

To find out more, visit: http://www.anglia.ac.uk/study/open-day

We look forward to meeting you :smile:

ARU Official Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending