Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Official Ask Anglia Ruskin Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anglia Ruskin University
Hello,

We are looking into this for you now. Apologies for the delay, whilst your query is being passed on to our admissions team.

As soon as we have the information available, we will inform you.

Thank you for your patience.

Charlie
Official ARU Rep

Ok, thank you.
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by Anglia Ruskin University
Hello asil! :smile:

In the foundation year, you will recieve a percentage mark (e.g. 75%) rather than a classification such as 2:1/2:2.

Hope this helps:smile:

Charlie
ARU Official Rep

TThank you
Reply 42
is the university workload of one module equivalent to one a level or is it more workload because we have 4 medules at university right and we used to do 4 a levels.
Reply 43
Hello i am going to ARU London doing business and law degree is anyone else doing the same degree at ARU London
Reply 44
is anyone else in group 32 at ARU London
Not sure which uni I want to go to, Cambridge is an OK distance from where I live, but i want to know if there are any good chemistry, physics or maths courses at Anglia Ruskin (haven't seen any directly). Also, what is the general student life around Cambridge campus? Anything to do, any annual events that sort of thing?
Original post by thomanat
Not sure which uni I want to go to, Cambridge is an OK distance from where I live, but i want to know if there are any good chemistry, physics or maths courses at Anglia Ruskin (haven't seen any directly). Also, what is the general student life around Cambridge campus? Anything to do, any annual events that sort of thing?

Hi there!

It looks like you're in luck - there are plenty of places to study in and around Cambridge! Have you created a list of universities you might be interested in yet?

Anglia Ruskin does actually offer an exciting range of courses around your chosen subject areas. Do you want to study at undergraduate level? We can give you some more information about courses that may be of interest to you if you let us know.

Student life around Cambridge is amazing - but don't take our word for it! Have a look at what out international students had to say: [video="youtube;jiLHLtW1BjA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiLHLtW1BjA&autohide=1[/video]

You can find out more about studying in Cambridge on our website too. Here's a link to make your life easier!

http://www.anglia.ac.uk/student-life/life-on-campus/cambridge-campus

Hope this helps! :smile:

- Natalie
Reply 47
Hi,

I had a look on your website for Open Day dates but the only one happening this year is on 14th November and I am working then. Is it possible that you will add more open days for this year or early next year?
Original post by clp123
Hi,

I had a look on your website for Open Day dates but the only one happening this year is on 14th November and I am working then. Is it possible that you will add more open days for this year or early next year?

Hi!

You're right - the only Only Day we have this year is on the 14th November. After this, the next Open Day is the 11 June 2016.

There is another option available to you though. Depending on what you're interested in studying, I can put you in contact with the relevant Faculty who may be able to arrange a day for you to come in and speak to an Academic.

If you'd like to explore this option, please let me know. I'll be more than happy to help.

Speak soon :smile:

-Natalie
I am going to study Business Management and Leadership, in Chelmsford starting January 2016, is anyone else starting then? I feel as if I'm the only one currently ha ha!

I'm also wondering will there be any space in halls in Chelmsford?

Thank you!

Kaye :smile:
Original post by KayeTonk
I am going to study Business Management and Leadership, in Chelmsford starting January 2016, is anyone else starting then? I feel as if I'm the only one currently ha ha!

I'm also wondering will there be any space in halls in Chelmsford?

Thank you!

Kaye :smile:

Hi Kaye!

Really glad to hear that you're starting with us in January - a brilliant way to start the new year!

I'm sure you'd like to get your accommodation sorted as soon as possible, so here's some information you'll need.

Your process for securing your accommodation depends on whether you're a Home/EU student, or an International student. If you're a Home/EU student, you'll need to contact our accommodation services via email ([email protected]) or you can search on here for help securing private accommodation.

If you're an international student, you'll receive an application for accommodation via email, but please note that applications for International students' accommodation are not yet open.

I hope this helps, and we look forward to welcoming you to ARU!

If you need anything else, just let us know.

-Natalie :smile:
Reply 51
Hi Anglia Ruskin University! I have applied to Study midwifery at both your cambridge and chelmsford campus as I enjoyed my time at your university so much! I sent my UCAS application a week ago and have received conformation of this from my other choices. Should I expect to receive on from you? This is purely to ensure that you have received my application!
Thanks!
Original post by EmilyV14
Hi Anglia Ruskin University! I have applied to Study midwifery at both your cambridge and chelmsford campus as I enjoyed my time at your university so much! I sent my UCAS application a week ago and have received conformation of this from my other choices. Should I expect to receive on from you? This is purely to ensure that you have received my application!
Thanks!

Hi Emily

Thanks for your message. I'm just about to send you a direct message as I need to gather some more information about your application.

Hope that's OK!

Natalie :smile:
Reply 53
Any ideas on how long offers usually take to come through? Sent off my application on Friday for Building Surveying Bsc.
Hi,

Looking to apply for 2016 Computer Gaming Technology and it doesn't look like the website actually states entry requirements (mentions there obviously is some, but not present on page - even did a quick skim through the code in case it was hidden to my screen!).

So, what are the entry requirements? :smile:

Thanks,
Matt
I have received an unconditional offer from Anglia Ruskin and it is probably my first choice. I haven't received all of my offers yet. My teacher has told me not to book any accommodation until I have got all of my offers back. But I have seen people on here having already booked accommodation. what do you guys think I should do?
My son is studying Computer Gaming and his entries are supposed to be in tomorrow (4th), he is worried that he hasn't finished and is wondering how to get an extension?? Thanks
Original post by AlexAshmore
I have received an unconditional offer from Anglia Ruskin and it is probably my first choice. I haven't received all of my offers yet. My teacher has told me not to book any accommodation until I have got all of my offers back. But I have seen people on here having already booked accommodation. what do you guys think I should do?

Hi AlexAshmore

Happy New Year to you!

If you've chosen Anglia Ruskin as your first choice and have firmly accepted your unconditional offer from us, you can start applying for accommodation.

Please bear in mind that you can only apply for accommodation if you've received an offer for a full-time course. If you're studying at Cambridge, you'll be eligible for accommodation if you live more than 35 miles away from campus. If you're studying at Chelmsford, you'll be eligible of you live more than 5 miles away from campus.

I hope this helps!

Best wishes

Natalie :smile:
Hello!

I wish to apply at Anglia Ruskin University for the undergraduate course in fashion design and I have a question in connection with that. In the entry requirements it says that I need to sit an art&design exam as part of my final exams, but I am unable to sit it as part of my Romanian Diploma de Bacalaureat. Instead, I have 4 exams in total, including Romanian Language and Literature, German Language and Literature, History and Logic. On the other hand, I have been studying visual arts all throughout high school and I have studied at an Art School before that for 8 years. If I have a great passion for this subject, experience and acquaintance in the field and can prove it through my portfolio, is there the possibility to be offered a place at your university without art&design at the Baccalaureate?

I would appreciate a quick reply, as I would like to apply as soon as possible.

Thank you and best regards,
Teodor
Original post by teodorng
Hello!

I wish to apply at Anglia Ruskin University for the undergraduate course in fashion design and I have a question in connection with that. In the entry requirements it says that I need to sit an art&design exam as part of my final exams, but I am unable to sit it as part of my Romanian Diploma de Bacalaureat. Instead, I have 4 exams in total, including Romanian Language and Literature, German Language and Literature, History and Logic. On the other hand, I have been studying visual arts all throughout high school and I have studied at an Art School before that for 8 years. If I have a great passion for this subject, experience and acquaintance in the field and can prove it through my portfolio, is there the possibility to be offered a place at your university without art&design at the Baccalaureate?

I would appreciate a quick reply, as I would like to apply as soon as possible.

Thank you and best regards,
Teodor

Hi Teodor

Happy New year to you!

I'm glad you're interested in studying Fashion Design with us - it's a really interesting course!

I'm aware that you've been in contact with our Admissions Officer regarding your query so I hope you've got all the information you require. If you do have any more questions, please don't hesitate to contact either one of us.

Best wishes

Natalie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending