Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Official Ask Anglia Ruskin Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hi,

I was wondering if there is any financial support such as a loan for the accommodations at Cambridge?

Thanks in advance
Will
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Original post by Will130
Hi,

I was wondering if there is any financial support such as a loan for the accommodations at Cambridge?

Thanks in advance
Will

Hi Will

Thanks for your message. Unfortunately we don't offer loans or any other financial support specifically for accommodation. Most home/EU students use their maintenance loans to contribute towards their accommodation fees. We also offer our undergraduate students £400 a year in our Books Plus scheme to help contribute towards study costs, which may include accommodation.

If you need some more information, you can contact our accommodation team who will be happy to help.

I hope this information was useful!

Natalie :smile:
hi

i have just finished the assessment of my first semester in my first year of a forensic science course and i was wondering how the grades of my modules reflect the amount of credits i get and how that reflects my progress into subsequent years and my overall degree grade?

any help would be greatly appreciated
chris
Reply 63
Hello, I live close to Cambridge so i don't really want to be paying for accommodation, which means i would require to drive to cambridge, is there any parking available?
Thank you
Original post by WilsonTB
Hello, I live close to Cambridge so i don't really want to be paying for accommodation, which means i would require to drive to cambridge, is there any parking available?
Thank you

Hi WilsonTB

I hope you had a great weekend!

Although we do not have parking for students on our Cambridge campus, there is the option to use the park and ride service which runs from Milton Park (North), Newmarket Road (East), Babraham Road (South) and Madingley Road (West). Buses are frequent, running around every 10 minutes. You can also use local car parks close to the university.

I hope this information is useful for you. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Best wishes

Original post by christo1997
hi

i have just finished the assessment of my first semester in my first year of a forensic science course and i was wondering how the grades of my modules reflect the amount of credits i get and how that reflects my progress into subsequent years and my overall degree grade?

any help would be greatly appreciated
chris

Hi Christo1997

I hope you're enjoying the course so far!

It may be a good idea for you to contact your personal tutor so they can talk you through the specifics of your course. Do you have their contact details? If not, I can find out for you. Please send me your name and student number in a private message if you need this information.

Best wishes

Hello,

I have just received an unconditional offer to study History, and I was wondering whether it is possible to list this unconditional offer as an insurance choice, or if it is the only offer I can accept.

Thank you. :smile:
Original post by Werka_Zal
Hello,

I have just received an unconditional offer to study History, and I was wondering whether it is possible to list this unconditional offer as an insurance choice, or if it is the only offer I can accept.

Thank you. :smile:

Hi Werka_Zal

Thanks for your message, and congratulations on your offer!

You have the option of putting down your unconditional offer as a firm or an insurance choice - it's entirely up to you.

Hope this helps :smile:

Natalie
I'm in real trouble, I got an email about an interview for Film & Television Production and basically I had no way to get down there and I thought the email said if I don't reply by a certain time they will decline me so miserablely, I left the email and awaited a notification saying I had been declined. However it didn't happen so I looked over the email and it said I needed to email him back. That was back in the 23rd of January, I don't know what I'm meant to do now. Do I email him? Is there any way I could do the interview over Skype?
Original post by storminateacup1
I'm in real trouble, I got an email about an interview for Film & Television Production and basically I had no way to get down there and I thought the email said if I don't reply by a certain time they will decline me so miserablely, I left the email and awaited a notification saying I had been declined. However it didn't happen so I looked over the email and it said I needed to email him back. That was back in the 23rd of January, I don't know what I'm meant to do now. Do I email him? Is there any way I could do the interview over Skype?

Hi there

No need to worry - I'll do what I can to contact the right person and find out what your next steps should be. Please send me a private message with your full name and UCAS ID and I'll pass on your query to your admissions officer.

Speak soon

Good day,

I would really appreciate your help in answering some questions in relation to studying Software Development BSc (Hons) at Anglia Ruskin University in Chelmsford.I am a British citizen and hold a British passport etc, however I hold a South African National Senior Certificate (SA NSC) which I received in December 2008.

I have read both your eligibilty criteria as well as the information on UCAS and they stated the following:

"South Africa: We extend a warm welcome to students from South Africa. (...) If you’re applying for an undergraduate course (year 1 entry) you must hold one of the following: Senior Certificate with matriculation endorsement and at least 5Cs (...)"
(http://www.anglia.ac.uk/international/information-by-country/south-africa).

And on UCAS it also states "Grades 4 or above are generally considered to be acceptable for entry to HE in the UK"
(https://www.ucas.com/sites/default/files/2015-international-qualifications.pdf).

However, I would like to check with yourselves first that I fit within the eligibility criteria for Software Development BSc (Hons). As it states on the actual course page of Anglia Ruskin that the eligibility requirements are:
- 240 UCAS Tariff Points from a minimum of 2 A levels (or equivalent).
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and Maths.
(http://www.anglia.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/software-development)

I achieved the following grades on my South African National Senior Certificate (SA NSC):
English: 85% (Level 7)
Life Orientation: 86% (Level 7)
Dramatic Arts: 81% (Level 7)
Mathematics: 75% (Level 6)
Business Studies: 72% (Level 6)
Further Mathematics: 66% (Level 5)
Information Technology: 62% (Level 5)
Afrikaans: 60% (Level 5)

During my job role I interact with various systems which has given me a hands on professional knowledge of both systems and software. Furthermore, I have done additional personal reading and implementation on the subject, such as coding in Python, Scratch and Delphi 7.

Also, I don't know if this changes anything, but if I am accepted, I would also be enrolled as a mature student as I am currently 25 years old.

So here are my subsequent questions:
-Given the information above would I be eligible for the course stated?
-If not, what would I need to do extra to become eligible?
-If I enrolled now, when is the earliest I can start? (It would be ideal to start this September 2016, is that possible in any way?)
-If I can only enrol next year, I understand that the UCAS tariff system is changing, would that impact me in at all?
-Would I need to do anything special/extra when applying as I have a South African certificate? Additional documents that need to be submitted?

Your answers would be most greatly appreciated.Thank you in advance.
Original post by Jayne311
Good day,

I would really appreciate your help in answering some questions in relation to studying Software Development BSc (Hons) at Anglia Ruskin University in Chelmsford.I am a British citizen and hold a British passport etc, however I hold a South African National Senior Certificate (SA NSC) which I received in December 2008.

I have read both your eligibilty criteria as well as the information on UCAS and they stated the following:

"South Africa: We extend a warm welcome to students from South Africa. (...) If you’re applying for an undergraduate course (year 1 entry) you must hold one of the following: Senior Certificate with matriculation endorsement and at least 5Cs (...)"
(http://www.anglia.ac.uk/international/information-by-country/south-africa).

And on UCAS it also states "Grades 4 or above are generally considered to be acceptable for entry to HE in the UK"
(https://www.ucas.com/sites/default/files/2015-international-qualifications.pdf).

However, I would like to check with yourselves first that I fit within the eligibility criteria for Software Development BSc (Hons). As it states on the actual course page of Anglia Ruskin that the eligibility requirements are:
- 240 UCAS Tariff Points from a minimum of 2 A levels (or equivalent).
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and Maths.
(http://www.anglia.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/software-development)

I achieved the following grades on my South African National Senior Certificate (SA NSC):
English: 85% (Level 7)
Life Orientation: 86% (Level 7)
Dramatic Arts: 81% (Level 7)
Mathematics: 75% (Level 6)
Business Studies: 72% (Level 6)
Further Mathematics: 66% (Level 5)
Information Technology: 62% (Level 5)
Afrikaans: 60% (Level 5)

During my job role I interact with various systems which has given me a hands on professional knowledge of both systems and software. Furthermore, I have done additional personal reading and implementation on the subject, such as coding in Python, Scratch and Delphi 7.

Also, I don't know if this changes anything, but if I am accepted, I would also be enrolled as a mature student as I am currently 25 years old.

So here are my subsequent questions:
-Given the information above would I be eligible for the course stated?
-If not, what would I need to do extra to become eligible?
-If I enrolled now, when is the earliest I can start? (It would be ideal to start this September 2016, is that possible in any way?)
-If I can only enrol next year, I understand that the UCAS tariff system is changing, would that impact me in at all?
-Would I need to do anything special/extra when applying as I have a South African certificate? Additional documents that need to be submitted?

Your answers would be most greatly appreciated.Thank you in advance.

Hi Jayne311

Thanks for your enquiry.

Your South African qualifications have all been checked and I can confirm that they do meet our entry requirements for the course - you wouldn't have to gain any extra qualifications in this case. We won't need to see any additional documents from you, except for the South African NSC.

If you make an application through UCAS, you will be able to start this September, but if you apply to enrol next year, UCAS tariff points will not affect you.

I hope this helps.

If you need any additional information, please don't hesitate to contact our admissions team on 01245 686868 or [email protected].

All the best!

Hi, I'm doing English Literature at Anglia Ruskin and was wondering what books are on the course for the first year and if there are any books I should familiarise myself with. Thank you:smile:
Hi!
This is more of a general question really.
So I have offers to study primary education with QTS at other universities and an unconditional offer to study education studies at Anglia Ruskin.
I really want to come to Anglia Ruskin and I'm about to firm, but I was wondering if I am making the right choice because I want to become a primary school teacher.
How many of your education students pursue with a PGCE and are successful in becoming Primary School teachers?
Thank you :smile:
Hi Tayla

Thanks for your message and we're glad you're thinking about coming to Anglia Ruskin! Our Education and Childhood Studies course can lead on to a PGCE - actually, the majority of our students take this route. What's more, 85% of our students are in work or further study 6 months after finishing an education studies course. Our employability team have a lot of experience with students who want to apply for a PGCE with applications and provide guidance on writing applications, interview techniques and access to employability fairs.

We're also in the final stages of releasing a new course called BA Primary Education Studies. This course will not have QTS, but will be even more tailored to people wishing to move on to primary education after their degree. We can offer you a chat with one of our academics to discuss your options further and answer any questions you may have about which course to take. Dr Sarah Alix has a vast experience of both the education field and primary teacher training so I'll be happy to put you in contact with her if you'd like me to.

I hope this helps!

(edited 7 years ago)
Hi, I have a question about the open day on Saturday the 11th. My question is, are you doing any talks on Marine Biology at Cambridge? I got an email listing all the different talks but could not find any talks on Marine Biology. Thanks, Squishy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SquishyFishy
Hi, I have a question about the open day on Saturday the 11th. My question is, are you doing any talks on Marine Biology at Cambridge? I got an email listing all the different talks but could not find any talks on Marine Biology. Thanks, Squishy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good morning

Thanks for your message!

Yes, there is a Marine Biology talk at Cambridge. Please see the attachment.

Hope this helps!

so I have a question about the Zoology course at Cambridge. Is there any requirement to complete animal dissections on this course, would we be failed if we didn't complete an animal dissection?
Original post by Anglia Ruskin University
Good morning

Thanks for your message!

Yes, there is a Marine Biology talk at Cambridge. Please see the attachment.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for this, did not know that there were talks on marine biology as it wasn't on the attachment in the email. Thank you. 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lorelei80
so I have a question about the Zoology course at Cambridge. Is there any requirement to complete animal dissections on this course, would we be failed if we didn't complete an animal dissection?

Hi lorelei80

Thanks for your message.

There are only a few aspects of the course that may lead to an exploration of the anatomy in other forms, but it is in no way compulsory to any modules that lead to assessments. If you haven’t had the chance to come and meet the lecturers and find out about all the fascinating aspects of the course you can come to our Open Day in Cambridge or Chelmsford this Sunday if it's convenient for you.

Also, are you looking at September 2016 or 2017 entry?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending