The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Official Ask Anglia Ruskin Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SquishyFishy
Thank you for this, did not know that there were talks on marine biology as it wasn't on the attachment in the email. Thank you. 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem at all! :smile:
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Original post by Anglia Ruskin University
Hi lorelei80

Thanks for your message.

There are only a few aspects of the course that may lead to an exploration of the anatomy in other forms, but it is in no way compulsory to any modules that lead to assessments. If you haven’t had the chance to come and meet the lecturers and find out about all the fascinating aspects of the course you can come to our Open Day in Cambridge or Chelmsford this Sunday if it's convenient for you.

Also, are you looking at September 2016 or 2017 entry?

Thanks

Natalie :smile:

I am looking at 2017 entry, I plan to attend the open day in Cambridge on June 11th.I just wanted a heads up really on how the University approached these issues.
Original post by lorelei80
I am looking at 2017 entry, I plan to attend the open day in Cambridge on June 11th.I just wanted a heads up really on how the University approached these issues.

Thanks lorelei80

Glad I could help and that you're planning on attending tomorrow's Open Day. You can always ask our academics about more detailed aspects of the course.

I hope you enjoy it!

Best wishes

Reply 83
Hi,I’m an international student and interested in attending to Business Management at ARU. I would like to know that is there any seat available for September 2016 entry?
Original post by mktdt
Hi,I’m an international student and interested in attending to Business Management at ARU. I would like to know that is there any seat available for September 2016 entry?

Hi mktdt

Thanks for your message.

Yes - there are spaces available for this course in September. Is there anything in particular you'd like to know about the course or about studying as an international student at ARU? Please let me know how I can help.

Best wishes

Reply 85
Hi mktdt

Thanks for your message.

Yes - there are spaces available for this course in September. Is there anything in particular you'd like to know about the course or about studying as an international student at ARU? Please let me know how I can help.

Best wishes

Thank you for your useful answer :smile:
Between, what is the deadline for September entry? And if I want to apply directly through email, can I scan the copies of my IELTS test? because I don't have the original one with me.
Original post by mktdt
Between, what is the deadline for September entry? And if I want to apply directly through email, can I scan the copies of my IELTS test? because I don't have the original one with me.

No worries!

Glad I can help.

Yes, we do have places available and the deadline is 26 September, when the actual teaching starts.You'll need to make sure that you can get your visa on time as well.

CAS is a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies, which you'll need to have for your visa interview. Please contact us via [email protected] and we'll give you some guidance on this process. You can also visit http://www.anglia.ac.uk/international/immigration/studying-with-us-for-longer-than-six-months/cas-countdown for more information on CAS deadlines.

To apply to the course, you'll need to go to the course page and choose ‘Apply online’ option, which is at the top right corner. You can sign up if you're a new user or just use the login details you have from previous sessions and follow the steps to apply.you can also visit this page for more information on how to apply: http://www.anglia.ac.uk/international/how-to-apply.

All the best!

Original post by mktdt

Hi mktdt

I should've added that we can accept a copy of your IELTS test during the application process but you'll need to show original during the registration. You should be able to request a copy from your IELTS exam centre (although there may be a charge for this).

Hope this helps :smile:

Natalie
Reply 88
Hi,

I’m an international student and interested in attending to Business Management at ARU. I would like to know that is there any seat available for September 2016 entry?
Does the uni have wifi across the whole campus?
Can someone tell me who currently does Law, what the course is like, how many hours per week etc... Basically just everything about 1st year Law LLB!
Original post by hannah123.
Does the uni have wifi across the whole campus?

Hi hannah123

All of our main campuses (Cambridge, Chelmsford and Peterborough) have Wi-Fi access via our network for students which is available in the majority of campus areas.

i hope this helps!

Original post by hannah123.
Can someone tell me who currently does Law, what the course is like, how many hours per week etc... Basically just everything about 1st year Law LLB!

Hi again hannah123!

Thanks for your question regarding our Law course!

In terms of hours, 1st year students tend get more contact time with tutors than in 2nd & then less in 3rd, where more independent study is encouraged. (Tutors and lecturers will still available when you need them though). Generally, you'll be off on Wednesday's and depending on which year and term you're in, you'll have lectures over a maximum of 4 days, as well as a 50 minute tutorial.

There are also a number of non-compulsory sessions you can attend to help you put into practice what you'll learn. For example, in your first year, you'll get to do a brilliant workshop on advocacy skills in the courtroom which students enjoy. you can also join the Law Society, which has weekly socials at pubs and cafe's and trips.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Best wishes

Hello!

I start the Foundation year of the Zoology course in September, I havent recieved any emails regarding online registration or what to do next though since I recieved my confirmation of my place. I was hoping to look at my personal timetable :smile: Wasn't sure how long to wait before asking!

Thanks!

Jim
Reply 94
Good Morning

What is the earliest we can register for our course (2016 September start)?

I will be doing the Education and Childhood Studies BA (full time) starting September 2016.

As I completed the Access course - I already have my certificate and grade transcript so have met the conditions of my offer.

I need to apply for my discounted railcard but I am unable to do it until I am registered officially. I know official registration week is the 20th September, however, I just wondered if I was able to register early?

Could someone please advise?

Thanks
Original post by luluah
Good Morning

What is the earliest we can register for our course (2016 September start)?

I will be doing the Education and Childhood Studies BA (full time) starting September 2016.

As I completed the Access course - I already have my certificate and grade transcript so have met the conditions of my offer.

I need to apply for my discounted railcard but I am unable to do it until I am registered officially. I know official registration week is the 20th September, however, I just wondered if I was able to register early?

Could someone please advise?

Thanks

Good morning luluah
Thanks for your message and congratulations on getting a place!

Details of your registration will be sent to you in a Welcome email which is due to go out around 1-2 weeks from now. Please check your inbox regularly, and also keep an eye on your junk mail - just in case it ends up there.

If you don't get an email by the middle of August, just contact us on 01245 686868 or email us at [email protected] and we'll get things sorted.

I hope this helps. Do let me know if there's anything else you need.

-Natalie :smile:
Reply 96
Hi,
I have met the conditions for a place at Chelmsford to study Primary Education Studies and would like to know when i will receive an email with information about next steps (how to register etc)?
Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Good morning luluah
Thanks for your message and congratulations on getting a place!

Details of your registration will be sent to you in a Welcome email which is due to go out around 1-2 weeks from now. Please check your inbox regularly, and also keep an eye on your junk mail - just in case it ends up there.

If you don't get an email by the middle of August, just contact us on 01245 686868 or email us at [email protected] and we'll get things sorted.

I hope this helps. Do let me know if there's anything else you need.

-Natalie :smile:

I am still waiting for my email 😑
Reply 98
Original post by Molliott
Hi,
I have met the conditions for a place at Chelmsford to study Primary Education Studies and would like to know when i will receive an email with information about next steps (how to register etc)?
Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I rang them yesterday and they advised all emails for registration will be sent by Monday. So I am waiting until Tuesday before I make fuss teehee.
Original post by luluah
I rang them yesterday and they advised all emails for registration will be sent by Monday. So I am waiting until Tuesday before I make fuss teehee.

Hi luluah and Malliott

Congratulations on getting a place at ARU! We can't wait for you to join us!

Don't worry if you haven't received your registration email just yet - they'll be going out over the next few days. If you haven't received it by Monday, please give us a call on 01245 686868 and we'll look into it for you.

Hope this helps! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending