The Student Room Group

Failed AS Level

Is it possible to get max a C with 3U's in AS??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Waiting for you to update this thread in a few days when you end up getting 3 As
Original post by Samt98
Waiting for you to update this thread in a few days when you end up getting 3 As

Impossible, 😣😞
I know for sure that I'm going to get 3 U's.

it sucks to be me.
Reply 4
Resit modules alongside A2? Then you could bump your AS grades up. I know I'm going to have to resit some. :redface:
Original post by hafizasamath

This is me at the moment too. If your sixth form or sixth form college allow you to continue then you would have to resit papers to get a grade at A2. If not, you'd have to resit year 12 but this is a less stressful route as doing the first one would be like sitting 3 A levels in one year which is very stressful. Also continuing means you'd have to take a gap year as you can't enter any uni's with U grades or Es as you'll need predictions. I don't know what's going to happen to be honest with me, I've already began looking for courses to study if I do have to repeat year 12. But good luck and know you're not the only one experiencing this...
Original post by Cherry82
This is me at the moment too. If your sixth form or sixth form college allow you to continue then you would have to resit papers to get a grade at A2. If not, you'd have to resit year 12 but this is a less stressful route as doing the first one would be like sitting 3 A levels in one year which is very stressful. Also continuing means you'd have to take a gap year as you can't enter any uni's with U grades or Es as you'll need predictions. I don't know what's going to happen to be honest with me, I've already began looking for courses to study if I do have to repeat year 12. But good luck and know you're not the only one experiencing this...

No no no but is it possible to continue A2 WITHOUT RESITTING AS 😭😭😭😭
Original post by anvianzi
I know for sure that I'm going to get 3 U's.

it sucks to be me.

No u won't Trust me. 😞😞😞
Original post by drowzee
Resit modules alongside A2? Then you could bump your AS grades up. I know I'm going to have to resit some. :redface:

It doesn't work the SAME way internationally ,here we have to study everything back again & resit the whole thing iM CRYING 😭😭😭😭😭
You'll see. I'll update you.
No no no but is it possible to continue A2 WITHOUT RESITTING AS 😭😭😭😭

Not sure, so far it's been no as I haven't found a college that accepts U grades for A2 entry. The lowest entry requirements I know of to enter A2 are three E grades. I'm sorry, but if you've found somewhere that could help you continue great.
Re-think it though as if you continue with Us, you'll have to sit all of th exam papers so it's double the amount of work and responsibility. It's possible that because of the work pile being intense, that you may find it difficult which would affect your grades and possibility lead to you not doing too well or meet your expectations. And if that happened (God forbid) You would have to keep those grades or begin A levels all over again as the main courses are changing this year, excluding maths & further maths (2017).
A levels are now done at the end of two years with new specifications and marking systems. So continuing onto A2 with three Us isn't advisable because if you some how mess up, you'd have to begin from scratch. Unless you know for a fact you could handle the stress, pressure and be super focused- do what's best. I'm writing this to myself also.
Not sure, so far it's been no as I haven't found a college that accepts U grades for A2 entry. The lowest entry requirements I know of to enter A2 are three E grades. I'm sorry, but if you've found somewhere that could help you continue great.
Re-think it though as if you continue with Us, you'll have to sit all of th exam papers so it's double the amount of work and responsibility. It's possible that because of the work pile being intense, that you may find it difficult which would affect your grades and possibility lead to you not doing too well or meet your expectations. And if that happened (God forbid) You would have to keep those grades or begin A levels all over again as the main courses are changing this year, excluding maths & further maths (2017).
A levels are now done at the end of two years with new specifications and marking systems. So continuing onto A2 with three Us isn't advisable because if you some how mess up, you'd have to begin from scratch. Unless you know for a fact you could handle the stress, pressure and be super focused- do what's best. I'm writing this to myself also.

No Im taking a levels as a private candidate bc I hate going to college kinda think I could do it on my own Sigh but Yeah I only go to a college to sit for the exams, so I don't think it matters?? Right??? Aaand if I did manage to take A2. CAN I GET MAX C GRADES FOR ALL THE SUBJECTS I TOOK IN AS 😨😨😨😨
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12
do you take any science as levels
and do you revise a lot

because if its this hard im gonna take btec lvl 3 medical science
Original post by iss123
do you take any science as levels
and do you revise a lot

because if its this hard im gonna take btec lvl 3 medical science

Nooo im not taking any sciences 😖 Sigh Idk about revising ,I started revising a month or two before exams I guess? Trust me I studied everything but the questions weren'similar to the past years, I freaked out but Yeah I did Ok?? I just have a strong feeling tht im not gonna make it,I really think im gonna fail bc in the first sitting I studied extra HARD but managed to get only CDU WHICH IS EMBARRASSING, I PUT A HELL OF A LOT OF WORK URGH
Reply 14
Nooo im not taking any sciences 😖 Sigh Idk about revising ,I started revising a month or two before exams I guess? Trust me I studied everything but the questions weren'similar to the past years, I freaked out but Yeah I did Ok?? I just have a strong feeling tht im not gonna make it,I really think im gonna fail bc in the first sitting I studied extra HARD but managed to get only CDU WHICH IS EMBARRASSING, I PUT A HELL OF A LOT OF WORK URGH

i might take btecs for less stress

wish u all the best and hope u get the grades you want x

--
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by blondelocks
Surely, though, if a candidate gets thee U's then they would be de-registered with the exam bad or something? I can't see how, given that a U is a fail, a candidate can register for A2 exams - surely to require at least E grades?

Omg so does it mean I can continue to A2 AND WHATS THE HIGHEST GRADE I CAN GET?? MAX C?? 😭😭😭😭😭😭

Not with going straight through to A2, no. You'd have to repeat year 12 because most colleges only accept students with 3 E grades or higher through to A2. IF you end up with these grades it might be a better option to just redo the year. Last year I took AS Levels and ended up with EEUU. I was forced to retake year 12 and will hopefully be in a much better position this year grade-wise. I have changed my subjects though as part of the reason why I failed was because my subjects just weren't right for me, so it worked out in my favour in the end :smile:
Original post by emiloujess
Not with going straight through to A2, no. You'd have to repeat year 12 because most colleges only accept students with 3 E grades or higher through to A2. IF you end up with these grades it might be a better option to just redo the year. Last year I took AS Levels and ended up with EEUU. I was forced to retake year 12 and will hopefully be in a much better position this year grade-wise. I have changed my subjects though as part of the reason why I failed was because my subjects just weren't right for me, so it worked out in my favour in the end :smile:

but im not technically associated with any colleges except to go Take my exams,like do u think the exam board would let me cont A2 bc as I said before im not enrolled in any colleges (im a private candidate )
(edited 8 years ago)
but im not technically associated with any colleges except to go Take my exams,like do u think the exam board would let me cont A2 bc as I said before im not enrolled in any colleges (im a private candidate )

You'd have to phone the exam boards and ask :smile: But stay positive, you don't know for sure yet!

Quick Reply

Latest